TWILIGHT!

waketheearth

HOLY SHIT!!!!

The movie adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's young-adult vampire novel Twilight won't hit theaters until November, but the stars are already talking sequels.

"I set up my performance to make it satisfying to do at least two more," Robert Pattinson, who stars as Edward in Twilight, told me at yesterday at the VMA's. "I don't know if they're going to make them or not, but I think they probably will."

Taylor Lautner, who costars as Jacob, says they'll know more when box office receipts come in. "Nothing's been confirmed yet," he said. "So we're waiting to see. If it goes well, then maybe."

Pattinson and Lautner didn't even know about the Twilight phenomenon when they first auditioned.

"I hadn't even heard about them," Pattinson says of the now four-book phenomenon. "I was living in England at the time, and they really weren't anything in England then."

They've now read all the books, but Lautner is quick to point out that the movie isn't just for the series' mostly female fan base. "What we tried to do with the film is add a little more action and horror to it," he explains. "So now it's for everyone."

Lautner and Pattinson hit the VMAs with Twilight costars Kristen Stewart and Cam Gigandet (that's Cam above in the middle of Pattinson and Lautner) to introduce a performance by Paramore, the pop-rock band that has a new still-untitled song on the movie's soundtrack.

NEW PARAMORE SONG ON THE TWILIGHT SOUNDTRACK?! HOLY FUCK