Hey Monday

Anderew

In songs like How You Love Me Now, the vocals and drums mainly dominate the mix. With the newer stuff, like Wish You Were Here, there's more separation (well, as much as you get with pop mixes anyway) and the guitars sound a bit less crushed. It all comes down to preference, but I like the way the newer stuff is mixed.

Well, they recently released Hangover on their website. And it should sound fine to an untrained ear. Plus it's preference, so not everyone will like or dislike the mix on Hold On Tight. I do a lot of mixing in my friend's studio, so there's a sound that I base my taste off of. I like pop mixes most, I just prefer warmer sounding pop mixes. i.e Riot!. I love riot. haha :D

I dont know what you mean by 'watery' but the mix does sound a bit one dimensional. By that, i mean everything is more up front. This is usually common in radio ready mixes, from what Ive heard of course. :lol: Not saying radio mixes cant sound 3d, cause they can. I like in-yo-face mixes that don't make ears ring when turned up. And still sound clear. (again, RIOT!) :D

I'm a total snob when it comes to mixes, so thats probably why I prefer the newer stuff. Like Scott said, on Hold On Tight the guitars are kind of crushed together and its not particularly pleasant for me to listen to. I've had a lot of ear training this past year too, so it's only making it worse for me. haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...