Hey Monday

Anderew

Was it not Cassadee who originally was signed just by herself to the label anyway? Or am I making that up?

I heard that too, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

I have some REALLY OLD Blake demos that nobody's heard before and all the members (cept Jersey) are in them. My friend personally knows Mike Gentile and Elliot, so he had them. So maybe they did start off as a band?

I cringe at the thought of the band being made up by a label and not naturally created by friends who want to travel the world playing music and share a common goal. I just hope it's not true!

Was it not Cassadee who originally was signed just by herself to the label anyway? Or am I making that up?

I have heard that once or twice

But I also have heard that the band was being put together and they added cassadee because she was the best singer in the area

So, I dunno what's true

someone on pfc said cassadee had another band that was just about to be signed then they broke up so the label put together a band for her and was like "heres your new band"

don't know though.

bought my tickets for the fall tour. ended up getting the VIP ones. whatever i want early entry haha and it won't hurt to meet them again. already met them 4 times though ahah

someone on pfc said cassadee had another band that was just about to be signed then they broke up so the label put together a band for her and was like "heres your new band"

don't know though.

Aww :( that's not very nice. These "other" labels don't seem as friendly.

don't know though.

I missed that post but I noticed something in the iTunes digital booklet that had me wondering what? It's not in the EP's booklet as I have had that and looked through it. But in the iTunes version had this:

All songs written by Cassadee Pope

Copyright 2010 EMI April Music Inc, and Cassadee Pope Music, LLC. All Rights on behalf of itself and Cassadee Pope Music, LLC controlled and administered by EMI April Music Inc. (ASCAP).

Except:

"Wish You Were Here," written by Cassadee Pope, Sam Hollander, Dave Katz and Matt Scannell

Copyright 2010 EMI April Music Inc, Cassadee Pope Music, LLC and Mayday Malone Music. All Rights on behalf of itself, Cassadee Pope Music LLC, and Mayday Music controlled and administered by EMI April Music Inc. (ASCAP) / EMI Blackwood Music Inc. and Reptillian Music. All Rights on behalf of itself and Reptillian Muisic Controlled and administered by EMI Blackwood Muisic Inc. (BMI) / Thunder Lab Music Inc, (ASCAP).

"Wondergirl" and "I Don't Wanna Dance," written by Cassadee Pope, Same Hollander, and Dave Katz

Copyright 2010 EMI April Music Inc, Cassadee Pope Music, LLC and Mayday Malone Music. All Rights on behalf of itself, Cassadee Pope Music LLC, and Mayday Music controlled and administered by EMI April Music Inc. (ASCAP) / EMI Blackwood Music Inc. and Reptillian Music. All Rights on behalf of itself and Reptillian Muisic Controlled and administered by EMI Blackwood Muisic Inc. (BMI).

"Hangover," written by Cassadee Pope and Butch Walker

Copyright 2010 EMI April Muisic Inc. Cassadee Pope Muisic, LLC, and I Eat Publishing for Breakfast. All Rights on behalf of itself, Cassadee Pope Music, LLC, and I Eat Publishing For Breakfast controlled and administered by EMI April Music Inc. (ASCAP).

All Rights Reserved. Interntional Copyright Secured. Used by Permission

Cassadee Pope Music, LLC?

That would probably explain why they don't have any demos or anything of the sort before Hold On Tight.

Whoa, we might have some answers and more questions!

Yes, Cassadee had a band before Hey Monday, it was called "Blake"

This band was named after Cassadee's middle name Blake

There was a bass player before Jersey in Hey Monday!?!? His name was apparently Pete and he left very quickly (Well before Hold On Tight was released)

This also now appears in the wikipedia entry for Cassadee Pope

While in high school in Wellington, Florida, Pope formed the band Blake (titled after her middle name) with good friend Mike Gentile. Unfortunately the project disbanded before being signed.

So, I guess there might be some truth to that story of her band braking up and Hey Monday being put together.

I missed that post but I noticed something in the iTunes digital booklet that had me wondering what? It's not in the EP's booklet as I have had that and looked through it. But in the iTunes version had this:

Cassadee Pope Music, LLC?

i could be wrong but i THINK when you write music you have your own like hayley's is "but father i just want to sing" and josh has one. i think. i could be totally wrong because i know absolutely nothing about this.

ross? faith? help me out haha

Whoa, we might have some answers and more questions!

Yes, Cassadee had a band before Hey Monday, it was called "Blake"

This band was named after Cassadee's middle name Blake

There was a bass player before Jersey in Hey Monday!?!? His name was apparently Pete and he left very quickly (Well before Hold On Tight was released)

This also now appears in the wikipedia entry for Cassadee Pope

So, I guess there might be some truth to that story of her band braking up and Hey Monday being put together.

Yeah, Jedd mentioned Blake over the other page. You can find Turn the Clock easy enough through google and there's various live videos of them performing as well.

As for the LLC, it's for protecting her copyright and collecting royalties on those songs played via public performances.

I'm all but sure she was signed to Columbia before Hey Monday was but I can't find anything so I might jsut have to ask.

So much Hey Monday drama lately, huh? I'm not much of a fan, but I was a little bummed when Jersey left. He always seemed like he was enjoying himself on stage, but if Hey Monday's really as produced as people have been talking about, I don't blame him for leaving (or being kicked out?). He'll be fine on his own.

Yeah, Jedd mentioned Blake over the other page. You can find Turn the Clock easy enough through google and there's various live videos of them performing as well.

As for the LLC, it's for protecting her copyright and collecting royalties on those songs played via public performances.

I'm all but sure she was signed to Columbia before Hey Monday was but I can't find anything so I might jsut have to ask.

Cassadee (not sure about Blake) was signed to Drive Thru Records a few years ago, and I think the only reason she left is because Drive Thru isn't really doing anything as a label anymore.

As for the Cassadee Pope Music, LLC thing, that's just her publishing company. When bands who write their own music are signed, a lot of times part of the record deal is that the contributing songwriters get control over a certain amount of their songwriting catalog, and they get royalties from it as well. It doesn't mean she owns the band anymore than the other guys (although it's very possible that she does), it's just because she's signed to the label as a songwriter. Example: ever notice how Katy Perry wrote two songs for Kelly Clarkson's last album? Katy didn't write them for Kelly, she's just also signed to her label as a songwriter and those were songs she didn't use for her own album. The label put them in a catalog and Kelly Clarkson picked them out to use and Katy Perry gets paid for it. If she wasn't signed as a songwriter, she wouldn't see a dime of that money... if any of that makes any sense. :P

Hey Monday is in West Babylon (Long Island, NY) today for a signing and I guess acoustic set. But, you had to pre-order the EP from the store they're going to be at in order to get in. Wondering if anyone on here is going. I'm not. Thought about it just because it would be cool to meet whatever's left of the band, but I didn't want the EP that badly.

this ... :(

i don't know but now they're only 3 and i miss jersey of course i like the musik but like Catie says its not the same anymore

We will just have to wait and see what the future holds for us. I'd imagine they will replace him. It wont be the same band but who knows, crazier things have happened. The band could possible better then before or perhaps not.

I'm waiting to see what happens next

I also still like their music of course as well