New Rules: Please Read!

RenegadeRoss

Exactly. I suggested, make a politics thread. But nobody has done so,

thats one of the strangest things ive ever seen i must admit. A thread about boobs that ended up talking about politics.

The only reason I haven't created one yet is that it WILL get abused. I've been called some of the most hateful things for supporting McCain (like terrorist, racist, nazi) and I don't want that to happen again. I just think it would get out of hand really quickly (think 9/11 thread).

^ i beleive we have had this conversation before and it ended with you calling me a terrorist. To be honest I like McCain but I HATE Obama and I don't understand why anyone would vote for me. I could understand if it was like Hilary but Obama is gonna bring the whole country down.

But I guess we can go on the basics:

1) Hes a MODERATE. Democrats loved him when he worked with Feingold but now that hes running for president... hes suddenly Bush. Yeah that doesn't make sense.

2) Hes a war hero. One thing you can't refute. Hes the only one whos actually for you.

3) Unlike Obamas economic plan, which is gonna lead to communism, McCains will actually work. We don't need handouts from the rich but rather tougher regulation and better spending habits.

4) McCain will cut down spending. Obama has almost a trillion dollars in new spending. The only way he could do that is by raising taxes on everyone (not just the rich).

5) Barack has poor judgement i.e. associating/giving money to acorn and ayers.

6) McCain has experience. Obama doesn't. Biden has said that there is gonna be a generated international crisis in the first six months to test Obama. Anyone that needs to be tested isn't right for office.

you're english right? you don't live in this country so all you are seeing is what the media portrays and its like the complete opposite. sure economic times are bad but we're not starving, or homeless (at least here in alpena, i can't say for detroit) , or stretched to the limit, or losing a war (we're actually winning but don't tell that to cnn).

ok before this becomes a rant i'm gonna shut up

see i can't help myself when it comes to politics

fair enough for having your own views.

only thing i can comment on with that, as i dont pay a huge amount of attention to the american election. is your comment about the war, you def didnt lose it, but it should never have happened either, and thats thanks to republicans being gungho imho.

^ well yeah. most stations report that we are losing here. whether we should've been in there or not doesn't matter now (unless someone has created a time machine). They only thing I care about is what we do now cause thats really the only thing we can control.

thats cause the news like to tell people about how other peoples lives are shit to try and make their own seem a lil better.

the problem is if we yes we, brits are there as well, pull out now, the country will be reduced to anarchy and go back to exactly how it was, so we are stuck there.

omfg.

seriously the rules are here to keep things in place. there's no need to post threads about completely useless, inappropiate crap. you shouldn't be abusing people. why do some people think it's okay? I know it's "THE INTERNET", but you've got to be respectful, it's a community of people, just like in school. You've got to draw a line and know where you stand on things. Everyone has different opinions, so respect them. Why the abuse?

There's nothing wrong with the 7 to 1 and all that crap, that's why they're in the GAMES thread. A completely different section that can be very easily ignored.

And I don't see what's wrong with the What Are You Listening To? thread, there's one of those in almost every single forum/most forums on the internet.

The other thing that seriously bugs me is that the Admins don't look around too much. Ross is the only Mod regularly active and he's having to solve all the problems on his own, so as well as the praise, all the shit is having to be thrown at him. We need to make a new moderator so we can spread the PMs around xD.

btw, just have to add this, sorry for being a hypocrite:

you're english right? you don't live in this country so all you are seeing is what the media portrays and its like the complete opposite

W00T

that is so true. I've learnt in Government, the media tends to have a liberal bias, which is true (I didn't need to learn it, I've watched enough TV) so they're showing Obama a lot more, and in better light...so the whole world thinks all that McCain does is 'attack Obama' when that's simply not true...

ANYWAYYY.

/end post

omfg.

seriously the rules are here to keep things in place. there's no need to post threads about completely useless, inappropiate crap. you shouldn't be abusing people. why do some people think it's okay? I know it's "THE INTERNET", but you've got to be respectful, it's a community of people, just like in school. You've got to draw a line and know where you stand on things. Everyone has different opinions, so respect them. Why the abuse?

There's nothing wrong with the 7 to 1 and all that crap, that's why they're in the GAMES thread. A completely different section that can be very easily ignored.

And I don't see what's wrong with the What Are You Listening To? thread, there's one of those in almost every single forum/most forums on the internet.

The other thing that seriously bugs me is that the Admins don't look around too much. Ross is the only Mod regularly active and he's having to solve all the problems on his own, so as well as the praise, all the shit is having to be thrown at him. We need to make a new moderator so we can spread the PMs around xD.

btw, just have to add this, sorry for being a hypocrite:

I agree with pretty much everything you just said.

I can't really say much here because I'm quite new, so Idk really what's going on =))

But... yeah, I pretty much follow all those rules anyway, so they don't bug me.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay. I meant what i said with these rules, and the first person to fall under this has suffered the consequences. Let that be a lesson to everybody else. Yesterday was nothing short of a joke, and the voting thread will not be reopened untill tomorrow.

The personal attacks, and sarcasm aimed at other members has to stop. We're supposed to be a friendly community, so lets start acting like it. its not "cool" to act like other's, trying to somehow fit in, and your not impressing anybody by following their lead. We want people to be able to come here, and feel comfortable that they can post without feeling they'll get attacked for it.

So remember, we mean what we say with these rules. They ARE being enforced, people ARE getting warned for their actions. So please post under them. 90% of this forum is fine, a minority is disrupting it and we refuse to let them ruin it.

many thanks

Admin and Mods.

• 2 months later...

Alright, so we have had these rules in place for 3-4 months now. Does anyone think the forum has improved?

I personally think they have,while we dont want to go about banning everybody, i think the arguments have shortened down ALOT. Previous to these rules, it was like everyday, but now we hardly have any, would you all agree, or disagree?

I personally think they have,while we dont want to go about banning everybody

Okay. I meant what i said with these rules, and the first person to fall under this has suffered the consequences. Let that be a lesson to everybody else.

So remember, we mean what we say with these rules. They ARE being enforced, people ARE getting warned for their actions.

I'm pretty sure a couple of members on here will have reached the 'magic' 3 warnings already and have yet to be banned. You (not you, personally) were quick enough to hang Alex out to dry (sorry for mentioning you, bud) back when they first came about. I can't help but feel that he was banned more for the sake of setting an example. Are people actually being banned after 3 warnings? Or have we all to believe that since these rules came inot force, no one has been warned that many times?

There is only one person that is on 3 warnings as we speak, and they are in line to get a ban next time an administrator is on.

As i said, the forums have quietened down and there's less abuse/ arguments/ and petty comments being fired at each other by members. I put my faith into the other moderators, that if they are giving someone their third warning, then they make it known to the admin, and that person gets a temporary ban.

As was stated, this wasnt led out just so we could ban people, we use that as an absolutely last resort. Alex was not used as an example, he was genuinely breaking the rules. There are people sitting on one or two warnings, who have now quietened down in regards to the way they acted, as i assume, they know what is going to happen should they get to 3 strikes,

You do have to believe that there is actually only one person on 3 warnings as we speak.