Virtual Hayley Guitar Hero Performance (No Notes)

MiseryInc

I got the game early and decided to try the game on performance mode, which gets rid of all the guitar notes and junk on screen. So I went into Misery Business on beginner (you just have to strum) and played. Turned out into a nice video of virtual Hayley performing the song. Too bad it doesn't look much like her but the moves are definitely right! I'm converting it now to put up here.

Well it is ruining them. You obviously don't know how the community around paramore was before this. It really isn't helping. I don't care if someone recommends them or they hear them at a club, or hear them on radio. That's wonderful, I am completely happy for all of paramore. I am just so sick of talking to a friend about a band that ends up on one of those games, and some random kid jumping in and saying "oh I know them! they play that one song on guitar hero/rock band/etc."

Well it is ruining them. You obviously don't know how the community around paramore was before this. It really isn't helping. I don't care if someone recommends them or they hear them at a club, or hear them on radio. That's wonderful, I am completely happy for all of paramore. I am just so sick of talking to a friend about a band that ends up on one of those games, and some random kid jumping in and saying "oh I know them! they play that one song on guitar hero/rock band/etc."

Oh yeah, Underoath has a track coming out for Rock Band, in about 2 weeks actually :twisted:

I honestly don't get the animosity.

Awesome, another amazing band gaining fake ass fans. Wonderful. 10,000 bucks not one of those kids will ever recognize Underoath's first album.

I don't like it because the people aren't really hearing the band. They are playing a completely over-simplified version of one song on plastic instruments by bands that have so many more songs, and 9 out of 10 of those people won't even bother to listen to more than just their singles. Then they talk about what a big fan they are when they would never have even listened to them had their music not been on a fucking video game. What is even worse? People talk about how good they are at Rock Band and Guitar Hero when you can buy a guitar for less than that game even costs and then, you aren't limited to radiofame singularity that is picked by a bunch of 20, 30, and 40 year old people who, chances are, don't even listen to the bands.

Edit: Desperate Times, Desperate Measures? Really? What did I say? Oh. Wow. It's their latest single. GASP. For fuck's sake.

I don't like it because the people aren't really hearing the band. They are playing a completely over-simplified version of one song on plastic instruments by bands that have so many more songs, and 9 out of 10 of those people won't even bother to listen to more than just their singles.

Wrong, more than just the singles are being released, full band albums have been released and will be. I honestly won't be surprised if Riot or AWKIF gets released fully as well.

There's nothing over simplified about any of the songs, it really immerses you in the songs and sometimes makes you hear things you've never heard before...I along with many others discovered new bands (well, "new" to us) and went deeper into their catalogs.

Then they talk about what a big fan they are when they would never have even listened to them had their music not been on a fucking video game.

Once again, this is NO different then getting radio play, video play, word of mouth or ANY kind of promotion, would you rather them not be successful forever or remain "special" to those select few? Selfish

What is even worse? People talk about how good they are at Rock Band and Guitar Hero when you can buy a guitar for less than that game even costs

Not a very good guitar at least.

Wrong, more than just the singles are being released, full band albums have been released and will be. I honestly won't be surprised if Riot or AWKIF gets released fully as well.[/Quote]

They won't be due to the fact that there isn't a popular enough song on AWKIF, and they already have the so-called 'good ones' from Riot!

There's nothing over simplified about any of the songs, it really immerses you in the songs and sometimes makes you hear things you've never heard before...I along with many others discovered new bands (well, "new" to us) and went deeper into their catalogs.

You obviously misunderstand me. Go pick up a guitar, or drum kit and try to find a scrolling multi-colored note pad scrolling down your screen. Also, you didn't discover shit. The game handed it to you on a silver platter.

Once again, this is NO different then getting radio play, video play, word of mouth or ANY kind of promotion, would you rather them not be successful forever or remain "special" to those select few? Selfish

Actually, it is different. These video games limit what you are going to hear the first time by a massive factor, and it leaves you no choice as to if you want to hear more. It is completely biased toward the developer's choice. You could hear a number of songs on the radio, on youtube/mtv/fuse or wherever a music video is played. Word of mouth would be the best, in my opinion because it allows a person you trust to give you a personal opinion of the band's best songs.

Also, don't mistake this for selfish. I just want people to have a choice of what they hear. You calling this selfish shows that you decide things much to quickly, and in my opinion, immaturely.

Not a very good guitar at least.

That doesn't matter. Anyone who can play a song on guitar, can play it on any other guitar. It just won't sound as clean due to lower quality materials and less precision in the design.

Thanks for the video. You're right, it doesn't look quite like Hayley, but the moves are her to a T. It's crazy how good motion capture is. I also love how Zakk Wylde is the guitar player, haha. I take it this means you can use their characters in your bands? Also, do you have the drumset? I'm really curious to hear how people like that.

I don't see why we're arguing over a video game guys, so let's just chill out. I play four real instruments, and I can sing, and I still think games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero are a lot of fun.

If some kid somewhere plays the game and is inspired to pick up a real instrument or check out some new music, then that's awesome. I don't care if they buy the band's entire back catalogue or they just learn that one song. At least they're being exposed to something they may not have been exposed to otherwise. If you do run into someone who asks you, "That's that band whose song is in Guitar Hero, right?" take the opportunity to say, "Yeah, it is. You should check out their other stuff, like . I think you'd really like it." If they don't, that's their loss.

You assume people can't think for themselves just because they play 1 or 2 songs in a VIDEO GAME. Lighten up, and please don't even pull a "immature" card with me when you're still a teenager. Nice Location on your profile BTW. I'm not even going to bother arguing anymore.

Anyway guys, hope you enjoy the video :D

• Like 1

You assume people can't think for themselves just because they play 1 or 2 songs in a VIDEO GAME. Lighten up, and please don't even pull a "immature" card with me when you're still a teenager. Nice Location on your profile BTW. I'm not even going to bother arguing anymore.

Anyway guys, hope you enjoy the video :D

Well, lets see. You try to insult me by calling me immature purely because I am a teenager. Irony. You try to insult me because I have a joke on my profile about a member of these boards? Good one, bud. I never said they couldn't think for themselves did I? Oh, wow. Lets reread everything I posted.

"Ugh. Another good band being ruined by Guitar Hero.

At the Rise Against show last night there were like 100 kids wearing Rock Band and Guitar Hero shirts with their dads............ugh"

"Well it is ruining them. You obviously don't know how the community around paramore was before this. It really isn't helping. I don't care if someone recommends them or they hear them at a club, or hear them on radio. That's wonderful, I am completely happy for all of paramore. I am just so sick of talking to a friend about a band that ends up on one of those games, and some random kid jumping in and saying "oh I know them! they play that one song on guitar hero/rock band/etc."

"Awesome, another amazing band gaining fake ass fans. Wonderful. 10,000 bucks not one of those kids will ever recognize Underoath's first album.

I don't like it because the people aren't really hearing the band. They are playing a completely over-simplified version of one song on plastic instruments by bands that have so many more songs, and 9 out of 10 of those people won't even bother to listen to more than just their singles. Then they talk about what a big fan they are when they would never have even listened to them had their music not been on a fucking video game. What is even worse? People talk about how good they are at Rock Band and Guitar Hero when you can buy a guitar for less than that game even costs and then, you aren't limited to radiofame singularity that is picked by a bunch of 20, 30, and 40 year old people who, chances are, don't even listen to the bands.

Edit: Desperate Times, Desperate Measures? Really? What did I say? Oh. Wow. It's their latest single. GASP. For fuck's sake."

"They won't be due to the fact that there isn't a popular enough song on AWKIF, and they already have the so-called 'good ones' from Riot!

You obviously misunderstand me. Go pick up a guitar, or drum kit and try to find a scrolling multi-colored note pad scrolling down your screen. Also, you didn't discover shit. The game handed it to you on a silver platter.

Actually, it is different. These video games limit what you are going to hear the first time by a massive factor, and it leaves you no choice as to if you want to hear more. It is completely biased toward the developer's choice. You could hear a number of songs on the radio, on youtube/mtv/fuse or wherever a music video is played. Word of mouth would be the best, in my opinion because it allows a person you trust to give you a personal opinion of the band's best songs.

Also, don't mistake this for selfish. I just want people to have a choice of what they hear. You calling this selfish shows that you decide things much to quickly, and in my opinion, immaturely.

That doesn't matter. Anyone who can play a song on guitar, can play it on any other guitar. It just won't sound as clean due to lower quality materials and less precision in the design."

Let's see.....that's a no.

You're 21 and you call me immature, but you mistake debating for arguing? I really hope you don't vote.

Shut the fuck up and keep that kind of stuff to yourself then.

What? One at a time?

I have to 'bang on' about it because I can say what I wish. Are we losing freedom of speech too, as well as the pursuit of happiness?

Whatever mate, we're talking about how Hayley looks like in Guitar Hero, not what you think about how Guitar Hero can affect Paramore's fans. :roll:

• Like 1

Well I just unlocked Hayley, it looks more like her a bit when she's standing still and in some singing moments.

Wonder if she did motion capture for playing guitar and standing around while waiting for someone to select an option lol. They have her dancing a little, waving, throwing the horns every now and then. Interesting!