Album of the year 2008?

Ross

Seeing as the year is now drawing to a close - only 2 or so months remaining - it seems appropriate that we all get our albums of the year in. Top 10 list if you're feeling generous.

But what did you like this year? Did debuts from Kids in Glass Houses, Hey Monday, the Maine, Forever the Sickest Kids and You Me At Six, amongst others, do anything for you?

Follow ups from Cute is What We Aim for, The Academy Is, Funeral for a Friend, Forgive Durden, Anberlin, Panic at the Disco, Valencia, Jack's Mannequin and Senses Fail amongst others. Did they disappoint? Were there any surprises?

Smaller releases from bands like This Providence, Friday Night Boys, A Rocket to the Moon and Finch as well. How did you like them?

Maybe the modern "emo" scene ain't your thing. "Indie" bands like Coldplay, the Kooks, Vampire Weekend and Fleet Foxes all put out albums this year.

I know I've missed out a lot of albums. Come on, lets get some decent discussion going on here!:D

^Lots of people realease near Xmas to get more money.

Haven't heard them yet but I reckon The Killers and William Control's albums will be phenonemal.

But from the ones I've actually got:

1.) If - Mindless Self Indulgence.

2.) Smart Casual - Kids In Glass Houses

3.) One Of The Boys - Katy Perry

and

4.) Take Off Your Colours - YouMeAtSix.

Definitely not Coldplay, in my opinion anyway.

Viva la Vida(album) is worse than most of their previous work, and no Coldplay album has really struck me as brilliant. Apart from a couple of decent songs like Viva la Vida and violet hill, it's fairly poor.

But then again, I think Coldplay are pretty poor. The majority of their stuff is bland and boring imo. Instead of creating their own unique sound, they just play safe to try not to offend anyone. It's like taking away everything from music that actually makes music exciting to listen to.

Somebody I know said they were like the Budweiser of music. The idea behind Budweiser was to produce a beer that had as little taste as possible, to reduce the chances of offending anybody who might drink it. By doing this, Budweiser became the most popular beer in the world. I hope that doesn't end up the same for Coldplay.

Back on topic, I seriously don't have a clue. Now that I think about it, this year has been fairly pish for music.

Albums that impressed me this year;

-Underdog Alma Mater-FTSK

-Goodbye Blues-The Hush Sound

-Lost In The Sound of Separation-Underoath

& One OF The Boys-Katy Perry.

In all honesty, I had expected Panic at the Disco's album Pretty.Odd. to have impressed me...but I've listened to it in whole about twice.

Albums that impressed me this year;

-Underdog Alma Mater-FTSK

-Goodbye Blues-The Hush Sound

-Lost In The Sound of Separation-Underoath

& One OF The Boys-Katy Perry.

In all honesty, I had expected Panic at the Disco's album Pretty.Odd. to have impressed me...but I've listened to it in whole about twice.

me too! I've listened to all of 2 songs from it! haha. I admit I do like their sound better now compared to their older stuff though.

Ahhh and I forgot Katy Perry-- Very impressive stuff!

and the jonas brothers a little bit longer, it was a much more mature and deep sound then what I had expected!