Has anyone else noticed her voice lately?

SrslyObsessed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just saw the jimmy kemmel performance and (im going to regret saying this) it sucked! sorry but hayleys voice realllllly needs a break. or she shal regret it one day......

Ahh, I dunno if I would say sucked...

There were a few places where she messed up, and I could see that she was a little hoarse, but it wasn't terrible. I think she did well actually, minus the voice cracking at a few parts.

I still think her very first performance of decode was incredible. Youtube that one.

Oh well, she has a month break. then we shall see in 12/12

• 2 years later...

I agree. Once,her voice sounded free, she touched hight notes very easy but now Hayley sounds like she harass her to touch that notes. On the other side, her voice evoluted. Her vibrato is more accentued now.

Listen how she sounds ant 3:43 .. maybe she does't warm

up her voice before singing [hope] because that's not the Hayley's voice I knew.

It seems like she has some involuntary pauses in her voice - that's happened in the VMA performance too, in the part with Oh,oh,oh.. [you know what I mean] but she had an excelant vibrato at "can't" "here" "up" . Whatever I liked the VMA performance but again, her voice seems a bit pulled too hard

here's the audio of the vma's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE4KkA3Engg

skip to 3:09 for that part

She evoluted thenicaly but her voice is too tired.

Only my opinion, I'm not a profesionally to BE SURE of this.

Thank you for reading this ;)

I used to be really worried her voice would crack, I remember when I heard the Ignorance BBC acoustic, I thought, hervoice was about to break , the Decode on the rooftop too and I was worried for the tour that they were about to start and sadly I was right , she lost her voice a couple of days after that, I think. Now we know she's doing everything she can to keep it healthy and I really admire her for that because it musn't be esay not to talk for hours and everything...

As for the live performances, I think she wants to have more fun now and doesn't care if she doesn't always sing perfectly like on Ignorance but I think it depends on the songs aand it's true her voice changed so much in 3 years, so much stronger now...

I actually like her voice better now than when she was younger. Let's face it, she has a great voice, but she sometimes has problems keeping her voice in shape. Unfortunately that means sometimes her vocals won't be as good as others, but that's just they way it is, and overall her vocals are great even if she does have some performances where her voice is a little raw or where it cracks in certain parts.

I like Hayley's voice a lot more now. Even though it can sound worn out on occasion, you can really hear how much it's matured and how much more comfortable she is with her range. Plus her vibrato sounds incredible.

I think she could have sung a lot of what she does now back when she was younger but she wasn't comfortable with it and she didn't take enough care of her voice to sing like that all the time. Yeah sometimes her voice isn't at its greatest now, but I listen to the Live in Anaheim audio, and her voice sounds so stressed and overworked (that was their first back after some cancelled dates cause of her voice, if I'm correct), and it hasn't sounded like that in a while, so that's good.

While her voice has definetly matured and she is, no doubt, an utterly amazing singer I was beginning to think it was going downhill a little too. On a lot of songs she sounded brilliant then on some she sounded like she was struggling. I think it really does depend on the song and it's place in the setlist. Brick By Boring Brick tends to be sort of shouted and a little raspy sometimes but it's been right at the end of the setlist since the BNE 09 tour so it's expected I gurss.

But she has a couple of months off now then there's the time recording the album which won't be so full on. I can imagine when they come back with the new record she's going to sound better than ever. I can't wait. :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I think she just needs a bit of vocal rest and she'd be fine.

If you like Paramore and such styles, check out my band, Justified. We've been compared to them and bands like Flyleaf and VersaEmerge by most of our fans. We've got two singles on itunes and videos on youtube of our songs. Come check us out and 'like' us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/justifiedmusic or on youtube at: www.youtube.com/thejustifiedband1 and give a thumbs up to our videos! We all love Paramore and they are a big inspiration to our band.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure it's true so I post it so you guys can tell me if it is

I read that it's All I wanted that shot her voice permanently and that's the reason she can't sing it live, is it really that high compared to Decode or Let the flames begin outro ( the might palm of your hands is pretty high too ) , is it in her head or can't she really pull it off ? I think she can

I don't think it was just All I Wanted that shot her voice. Because she does do high notes sometimes. I think that she doesn't sing it in her head. It's sang with force. If she did it live, it'd be way to much. I know that in the UK, they played LTFB on the first night, and then had to stop, because Hayley's voice wasn't up to it. Well, that's what I assume.

Like Rachel said, it's just that the chorus of All I Wanted is screamed more than than sung, and it's not like LTFB or Turn It Off where there's one high note. There are three or four of that same note in the song, so it's just way too much. Any singer would have a problem singing such raw high notes like that every night for an entire tour. I'm glad she realizes this though and just doesn't sing it live.

I doubt it was a problem in the studio cause she didn't have to sing it every day for two months, just a few takes for the album.

Hayley is an amazing vocalist but she is very careless with her voice.

She used to be , yeah but ever since her laryngitis she's talking more care of it, she avoids interviews the days she has to perform, she doesn't eat/drink certain things...

I actually admire her for that, I don't know if I would have the will to do that even if I love singing a lot...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...