Has anyone else noticed her voice lately?

SrslyObsessed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what?

i was thinking the complete opposite

:S

okay

so if you listen to live audios

sure she perhaps dosent sound as good as she did in live audios a few years back

but i think thats because shes more energetic on stage now , and the sets are longer - so she get out of breath and tired easier

take for example

my heart live in 2005

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CYNBph9Gc3k

my heart live in 2008:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dM1ZnUX8p7E&feature=related

[HUGEEEEE note at 1:49]

[okay so the quality isnt great - but you can still hear her]

I'd have to disagree. I think she sounds great.

Her voice is finally maturing to the point where she can hold really long notes and hit the high notes that used to destroy her voice. If she seems to shout more often, I think it's just cause she's bored of singing the songs the same way all these years, so she's changing them up.

I don't really agree or disagree, her voice, just like any other performers voice goes up and down - as it should naturally when performing, belting, screaming whatever you want to call it almost every night, it's just like working out - your voice is gonna feel the burn like your muscules will! The seasons are changing etc ... theres a lot of stuff that will take a toll on her voice, I wouldn't call it "downhill" at all though! For srue not downhill, cause it's never gotten progressivly worse.

She's still an encredibly talented performer, her voice needs a rest it's probably so tired from touring! (why am I talking about it like it's alive) but no really. Not downhill at all. She has her moments where she's not at her best but DONT WE ALL.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if this has been posted already by someone, but here goes:

I was thinking the same thing as you have for a while now. In fact, I even posted a similar thread on here (I'd link you but im too lazy lol). Basically, the response I kept getting was to the effect of "Well they've been touring for a while now (as you said), and it obviously will take a toll on the best of singers. But because she does know how to take care of her voice, with a little rest, she should be back on top in no time."

That made me feel a bit better, but after that VMAs performance, I was immensely disappointed. She sounded, as you said, in pieces. She was straining, shouting half of the song, and not singing as the Hayley we knew in the summer of 07. And so for a while, I was just hoping that Hayley would take a break. We all know she can sing; but we also know that singing for two years straight will harm a voice.

My entire idea of Hayley's voice changed yesterday though.

When Decode came out, I thought that there would be no way she could sing that on stage if her voice was like how it was on the VMAs. There was just no way.

Then I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3KXTj9PBv8

I hope this helps.

I though her voice on the VMA's was amazing!

That's the moment when I 'saw the light' and bought the album..

I don't have much money so I don't buy cds that often. Student lol.

I dunno. I guess it's a mixed opinion. I've heard others say that she sounded awesome, and others like me saying otherwise.

I think when compared to earlier performances of Misery Business, when it first came out, her voice wasn't as good. Maybe she was just changing it up a bit.

But the point is, is that she's back on top now :D. That's all that matters anyway.

I think 'in bits' is too strong of a term. Because we're used to hearing Hayleys voice so often, any slight change in it is gonna attract our attention.

If I'm honest, she could sound like a cement mixer with a cat inside playing the harmonica and I wouldn't care; she rules. Simple as that.