1. 1. Your sexuality?

• i'm a straight Guy
    • I'm a straight Girl
    • I'm a Bi Guy
    • Im a Bi Girl
    • I'm Gay
    • I'm a Lesbian
    • I'm a Transexual

when i told my mum not long ago, she said "i'm sure it's just a phase, you'll grow out of it" -.- ...right yeah thanks mum. good talking to you. lol.

the same result I got. it's just weird.

@Sandra: that's great! your dad is not a man of nerve, haha. but still good your parents took it well!

the same result I got. it's just weird.

@Sandra: that's great! your dad is not a man of nerve, haha. but still good your parents took it well!

shit isn't it lol? i was like what?! it's like, i'm trying to tell you something pretty major for me and you're telling me it's a phase. -.- but whatever, it upset me at first but now i'm just like, i've told her, she doesn't believe me. that's her problem.. i wonder wether she'll believe me when i get a girlfriend?. no probably not, she'll probably still say it's a phase.. -.- oh well i've told her, she can believe what she wants to believe.

They'll realize it's not just a phase when it's still a fact years from now.

I was really scared to tell my dad, but he was like " oh okay, thats cool. as long as you're happy!"

hopefully lol.. but i would laugh if they still think it's a phase years from now. i still haven't told my dad.. i do not think he'll be happy lol.

shit isn't it lol? i was like what?! it's like, i'm trying to tell you something pretty major for me and you're telling me it's a phase. -.- but whatever, it upset me at first but now i'm just like, i've told her, she doesn't believe me. that's her problem.. i wonder wether she'll believe me when i get a girlfriend?. no probably not, she'll probably still say it's a phase.. -.- oh well i've told her, she can believe what she wants to believe.

Totally the same. Even my bro said it. I should've proven them wrong and brought a girl home lol. Maybe that would've made them think.

But yeah, I've told them and it's their option to accept it or not. I'm fine with it now.

Anyways, I can't multiquote. How do you do that? I mean I tried, I first clicked on multiquote, then on the other comment I clicked on reply. But it just doesn't work. :S

I just don't get how parents can't accept their child for who they really are. In my family theres never been any bad talk about gays/lesbians/ or w/e. I found out that my aunt was a lesbian like 8 years ago(that was before i started questioning my sexuality),and my mums way of telling me; i was reading a newspaper and there was an article about a gay couple i think.. and my mum was like "oh btw sandra, your aunt is a lesbian,she likes girls we're going to vist her and her gf this summer" xD

my aunt actually was really scared to tell me and my brother, because she's always been our fave aunt, and she was afraid that would change things. But i mean,of course it didnt,why would it?

^^wow, that's great. I'm glad your family's so accepting of it and your aunt. I honestly don't understand why people AREN'T accepting of it. It's not like anything changes except for who your dating. And your family's not in the bedroom with you, so what's it to them?

My uncle's wife's brother (who I consider to be an uncle) is gay. And my entire family loves him and his (what should be) husband. EVERYONE. But when I came out to my parents they didn't believe me. This was 4 years ago. I came out again a year and a half after that. They didn't believe me still. I'm not gonna bother telling them now. I don't get how you can accept someone else but not your kid?

^^wow, that's great. I'm glad your family's so accepting of it and your aunt. I honestly don't understand why people AREN'T accepting of it. It's not like anything changes except for who your dating. And your family's not in the bedroom with you, so what's it to them?

My uncle's wife's brother (who I consider to be an uncle) is gay. And my entire family loves him and his (what should be) husband. EVERYONE. But when I came out to my parents they didn't believe me. This was 4 years ago. I came out again a year and a half after that. They didn't believe me still. I'm not gonna bother telling them now. I don't get how you can accept someone else but not your kid?

that really sucks! why don't they belive you? i mean why would you lie about it anyways?

When i told my mum she kinda knew because i already told her i wanted to talk to her about something important when i came home for the holidays, and she said i could tell her anything and she'd still love me just as much.

she thought i was gonna say lesbian tho not bi haha. and all she said when i told was "yeah,well i still want grandchildren.."and then she laughed ;P i was like " what? you're not gonna say anything?" and then she said " what do you want me to say? you're still my daughter,i still love you just as much as i did before..this doesnt change anything at all,i just want you to be happy"

and then she just started asking if i had met someone or w/e, just like she used to do when i only liked boys lol

and i sat there amazed at how awesome my mum is!

I don't know why they don't believe me, it's dumb. They say I should give guys a try, they aren't that bad, blah blah blah. I'm not telling them again until I bring home a girlfriend. I don't care that they don't believe me right now. I'm okay with myself and my friends are too. That's all I really care about at the time being.

OMG that's so amazing!! I wish all parents were like that! That's so great! And I applaude you for coming out to her (:

well thats good then! So stupid that they don't belive you tho. But i'm sure it'll get better.

Yeah ive been really lucky, but still i feel like..it's just how things are supposed to be you know? parents are supposed to accept their children no matter what.

I came out like 2 years ago to my mum, and i told my dad in desember last year=) My brother doesnt know, at least i dont think he does lol

Exactly. When you have a kid you're supposed to love them unconditionally, not only when they are exactly what you like.

My sister knows. She was one of the first people I told. And she doesn't care. I told her by mistake, but all she said was "oh okay, that's cool." My cousin was there and said "why didn't you tell me sooner??" And the rest of my family's cool with it mostly. My aunt/uncle don't like it and don't speak of it. My other aunt and uncle are there for me 100% no matter what. That aunt's brother is gay, and he and his partner help me through stuff too. And all my real friends are fine with it too. :D

Totally the same. Even my bro said it. I should've proven them wrong and brought a girl home lol. Maybe that would've made them think.

But yeah, I've told them and it's their option to accept it or not. I'm fine with it now.

Anyways, I can't multiquote. How do you do that? I mean I tried, I first clicked on multiquote, then on the other comment I clicked on reply. But it just doesn't work. :S

yeah me too lol, i can't wait to see their faces when i bring a girl home... that'll be funny.. still think it's a phase? lol.. i clicked quote on the other message i wanted to quote and then copied and pasted it into my original post.. lol.. if that makes sense?

that really sucks! why don't they belive you? i mean why would you lie about it anyways?

When i told my mum she kinda knew because i already told her i wanted to talk to her about something important when i came home for the holidays, and she said i could tell her anything and she'd still love me just as much.

she thought i was gonna say lesbian tho not bi haha. and all she said when i told was "yeah,well i still want grandchildren.."and then she laughed ;P i was like " what? you're not gonna say anything?" and then she said " what do you want me to say? you're still my daughter,i still love you just as much as i did before..this doesnt change anything at all,i just want you to be happy"

and then she just started asking if i had met someone or w/e, just like she used to do when i only liked boys lol

and i sat there amazed at how awesome my mum is!

i wish i was bi lol .

can we like, swap mums? . your mum sounds awesome. lol :rotfl: but seriously, that's awesome that your parnets are so supportive :) i still can't face telling anyone else apart from the like, 6 people i've told lol..most of them are my friends.. lol

Exactly. When you have a kid you're supposed to love them unconditionally, not only when they are exactly what you like.

My sister knows. She was one of the first people I told. And she doesn't care. I told her by mistake, but all she said was "oh okay, that's cool." My cousin was there and said "why didn't you tell me sooner??" And the rest of my family's cool with it mostly. My aunt/uncle don't like it and don't speak of it. My other aunt and uncle are there for me 100% no matter what. That aunt's brother is gay, and he and his partner help me through stuff too. And all my real friends are fine with it too. :D

Yeah they should.

Ah, well that's good that you have people that know and is fine with it:)