AFI

the1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he meant Fainting Spells

Negative it's a solid album and doesn't have as many negatives as BNE.

i dont think bne has any negatives. called an opinion. afi has three outstanding tracks and the rest are solid afi...not as good as the paramore album which is more than solid.

this coming from someone who has loved afi for over 10 years.

i dont think bne has any negatives. called an opinion. afi has three outstanding tracks and the rest are solid afi...not as good as the paramore album which is more than solid.

this coming from someone who has loved afi for over 10 years.

I thought most of the album was solid unlike BNE which had too many weak lyrics, poor vocals and overly simplistic guitar sections.....it was flawed and i'll be honest I didn't like a single track on it and it makes me cringe when I hear it and it's probably one of the worse album i've heard this year......but like you said it's all opinions so it's all good. Nice to debate music :D

I thought most of the album was solid unlike BNE which had too many weak lyrics, poor vocals and overly simplistic guitar sections.....it was flawed and i'll be honest I didn't like a single track on it and it makes me cringe when I hear it and it's probably one of the worse album i've heard this year......but like you said it's all opinions so it's all good. Nice to debate music :D

when it comes to overall musical talent, afi and paramore are neither unbelievably talented. at least they do not show it in the albums they put out. i think adam is an amazing drummer, but it would take about a week to learn an entire album of theirs, cuz he doesnt really show it in the albums, so you definitely cant argue the simplicity of it versus the other.

and in comparison to the last two albums, hayleys vocals have got way better, so why are you even on these boards? lol. i dont say that to be an ass, im just curious cuz she has gotten better since 05. and the guitars and drums and bass lines have all gotten more complex and less poppy as well. so where is the complaint?? i guess im just a little confused as to what you are seeing, or listening to at least.

the afi album is nowhere near bsits, sts, aod or even du which ranks about 4th. id even say its a step below very proud of ya, but i dig that cd alot still. whatever.

just answer me the talent difference...obviously davey is the best writer of all-time(not sarcastic here, he truly is), but other than that what is more simple about paramore when comparing to afi...especially in the new albums?

and i agree...debating music is fun. =]

and in comparison to the last two albums, hayleys vocals have got way better, so why are you even on these boards? lol. i dont say that to be an ass, im just curious cuz she has gotten better since 05.

So because I don't like the new album your asking why I am on these boards?? Haha I like the previous albums (in parts) and just because I hate the new album (because well it's shit) doesn't mean I am less of a fan or shouldn't post here.

just answer me the talent difference...obviously davey is the best writer of all-time(not sarcastic here, he truly is), but other than that what is more simple about paramore when comparing to afi...especially in the new albums?

I just find what they do to be quite childlike in many ways and don't think they have yet found the ability to write a well crafted song with maturity and depth......but that's just personal opinion.

and i agree...debating music is fun. =]

Hi five brotha :D

haha.

so you like the last two albums which are more "childlike" but not this one? seriously you confuse me. im not questioning your "fanhood" just saying im mad confused as to how you liked them before, but not now...and your reasoning is they are too childish?? haha.

back to afi. the first half seems to be 80's feel, and the 2nd half seems to have more of the punk element from back in the day. not sure how i feel about that setup, but i do like the album alot.

still not as good as paramore tho =]

haha.

so you like the last two albums which are more "childlike" but not this one? seriously you confuse me. im not questioning your "fanhood" just saying im mad confused as to how you liked them before, but not now...and your reasoning is they are too childish?? haha. [/Quote]

I never said I like the albums in total, I like parts of them i.e. odd songs/lyrics. I take what I want from the song and take them for what they are, glorified pop songs.

back to afi. the first half seems to be 80's feel, and the 2nd half seems to have more of the punk element from back in the day. not sure how i feel about that setup, but i do like the album alot.

You managed to listen to any of the bonus tracks? Is Ether any good?

still not as good as paramore tho =]

Liar :P

I never said I like the albums in total, I like parts of them i.e. odd songs/lyrics. I take what I want from the song and take them for what they are, glorified pop songs.

Liar :P

Im not entirely sure on the bonus tracks? how many tracks on the regular full-length, cuz i got 13 with the leak i found. not sure if thats the full length, with bonus tracks or if its just the regular tracks. i think its really top heavy...the new album. 1-5 are outstanding and then it is just kinda whatever. once again they released the worst song on the album as the single (medicate on cl and miss murder on du).

and as for the paramore album being better...ehem, yea it is. as for paramore being a better band...not yet. but i can definitely see it happening at some point in the next decade.

ill be interested in hearing the b-sides if i dont have them already considering the b-sides for the last 3 albums were all outstanding. i thought the two for sts were just as good as the album and that is a top 5 album of all-time. impressive.

ps, i got into an argument at work today about the best writers in music. i was arguing davey and she was arguing elliot smith. how cliche? i think my argument exceeded hers without a doubt.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the bonus tracks are great. I just got to listen to them yesterday and I'd say the best is Too Late For Gods.

Well the whole album is good. I just love Davey's voice.

• 2 weeks later...