Anyone lost interest??

the1

I know that. But I, personally, like it to be visual too. I like plenty of banter and stuff.

i'm the same way, but i have not yet been dissappointed at a paramore concert (at least while they were playing... jimmy eat world was shit). idk, maybe its cuz i'm so short and can hardly see the stage half the time. lol

Well, I just get the feeling they've sold out.

They used to go out every night and hang out with fans, now, to secure meeting them, you have to be in a fanclub, which you pay for.

You have to pay to meet a band for five minutes saying hi whilst they sign your ticket etc. I dunno, that just pisses me off.

I know they aren't as well-known as Paramore, but Kill Hannah and Mindless Self Indulgence have been going just over 10 years now and they still meet each and every fan every night, no cost. :/

Yep.

I would also say that to an extent, Paramore have sold out. Or at least the label have sold them out.

You go to a gig to hear live music and see your favourite bands, not to watch someone jumping about like a madman on a stage.

Im absolutely fine with the way paramore and josh play, at least their concentrating on playing the best way possible for us

Why the fuck you should you tell me or anyone else why we go to a gig?? If thats your opinion then fine, but don't tell us what we do and do not go to gigs for.

I want to see a visual performance. I want to see bands play it like they mean it. I want to see passion put into a performance. Look at people like Frank from Gallows, Frank from MCR, Kurt Cobain, Eddie Vedder, even Hayley. They throw themselves into their performance.

It looks like they just took some pretty boy of the street and gave him a guitar when Josh plays. Watching vids from Warped tours 06 and 05, you can see that he (and Jeremy I might add) actually brought some intensity, or at least fun. Now it looks like he's soundchecking every night. Fuck that. If the guys can't even be bothered to out on a show for their fans, why the hell should I, and some others, go and see them? It just screams ungratefullness. Josh in paricular should stop being so miserable. Paramore have had it ten times easier than 80% of other bands, it's not like they are burnt out, old men. If AC DC can still tock out after all these years, so can Paramore. And I dont even like ACDC!!

And if they are bored of playing the songs, then that just shows what a weak record RIOT! really was.

lol yep he said that to me too.

Josh has royally fucked me off. He used to be great live, now its like looking at a fucking brick wall.

True, haha.

When you see on youtube old videos of their shows, you can see they were all so energetic ... :roll:

Now it kinda sucks.

Josh only moves his ass for the pressure flip.

Well, we shouldn't forget that they've been touring a lot recently, maybe if they get some rest, they'd be energetic again.

*Fingers crossed*

FOB are more on Atlantic/Island Records than FBR now anyway. Panic/Paramore are the biggies on that label now until Atlantic offer them a "proper" contract as opposed to marauding on FBR to see if they'd be popular.

The album has to be 8 years old? Or do the band have to be 8 yers old meaning an album that comes out tomorrow can be a 'masterpiece'?

An album can be considered a masterpiece when the band has atleast made more than 3 albums and the album has get atleast 15 plays during a week or 2 by the person who calls it a masterpiece.

An album can be considered a masterpiece when the band has atleast made more than 3 albums and the album has get atleast 15 plays during a week or 2 by the person who calls it a masterpiece.

So once a band has made 4 albums basically? I'd consider The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me a masterpiece, but cause it's Brand New's 3rd album it doesn't count?

What's the plays bit about? Have you missed a word out or have I just read it wrong?

What a load of SHIT

"Masterpiece" is all a matter of opinion, so take your elitist bullcrap out of here.

So once a band has made 4 albums basically? I'd consider The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me a masterpiece, but cause it's Brand New's 3rd album it doesn't count?

What's the plays bit about? Have you missed a word out or have I just read it wrong?

It doensn't really matter.

A masterpiece's a masterpiece.

But you have to compare it to the other albums by the same band, and to compare you need atleast 3 albums imo.

I get what you mean, when AWKIF came out I was so into them and then when at the time they started recording Riot! I remember I lost a bit intrerest in them, when Riot! came out I thought It was a good record... lately i´ve been trying to get more into them like I used to be cause I´m really looking forward for the 3rd album and I still think Paramore is an amazing band. buttom line is that it happens for me with every band that at some point you kind of not that into them as you used to be and when they come out with a new record or something it´s all good. and yes teenies are annoying, a lot of bands I like have teenie fans but it doesnt bother me anymore cause I know they like the band for different reasons then I do...

And if they are bored of playing the songs, then that just shows what a weak record RIOT! really was.

This.

Anyway. I agree. Two years ago I listened to nothing but Paramore. But now I barely listen to them. And when I do its only really to AWKIF or The Summer Tic EP.

And, I can't say that teenies are a problem. They have as much right to listen to Paramore as anyone else does. They're just very annoying. When I saw Paramore play with NFG last January, me and my friends were right at the front for NFG and we had a great time. But when Paramore came on we moved back as all the pushing and especially the high pitched screaming was pissing us off. Oh well.

'Cause it sounded like a mathematic forumla of sorts. That's pretty much why.

Took the letters right off my keyboard.

Well, they better get better with thus 3rd album, otherwise they'll definately lose my support.

I really wish they could read this thread.

james stop being so fucking defensive for fuck sake.

You took what i said completely the wrong way, and stop rubbishing other peoples opinions as well. i just meant, do you buy a gig ticket just cause someone is going to be jumping about? i dont mean that its fine for them to just stand there all night,but your being pretty selfish and very hard on josh, why should he jump about just cause you want him to? Thats the way he is and people shouldnt "expect" him to do anything, he can do what he damn likes, and he's maybe just not as outgoing as he used to be.

• Like 1

^That was before it all exploded though.

Because I think the reason he is so tame now is because there are even more fans, maybe he's embarressed he'll screw up or something?

I dunno.

It's true that big crowds don't really help.

Lol.

I mean, you're already stressed to perform in front of 200 people, so how bad would it feel in front of 8000 ? :P