Anyone lost interest??

the1

True. I wasn't bashing it for that reason.

I was "bashing it", wrong word imo, because I just didn't like it like AWKIF. As I've said before that the two albums are pretty much the same length as each other. Riot I think is two minutes longer. AWKIF = 36 min, Riot = 38 min. AWKIF left me wanting more, and the album seemed too short where as Riot, by about the 5th track I was putting something else on cause the album felt a lot longer than it actually was.

And then the fact that it took a couple of weeks for me to actually listen to it in full from start to finish said a lot about it for me. But it is a decent album. Just imo not as good as AWKIF was. We're all entitled to our opinions right? ;-)And it doesn't make us bad people :P

wrong:wink:

Good opening post buddy.

I don't necessarily agree with everything you said, but understand what you mean.

What I've found with bands in the past is that they can easily loose their personal appeal once they hit the big time. By personal appeal, I mean that quality a band has that makes you think "wow, I could totally be friends with all of them!" I actually think only the lesser known bands hold this appeal. It's not their fault.

Success, inevitably kills that personal appeal and causes fans to become detached from the band and it's members.

I wonder if success has hit Josh the way it's hit some of the fans? He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who craves the spotlight. Some of his performances have definitely lacked some much needed energy; maybe that's why?

I'm still insanely jealous of the guy though :rotfl:

However, I am hoping for a bit more from the upcoming album. I loved Riot, but think I may have overplayed it. The more I listen to it, the more I think, "It's missing something..." Something Hayley and the guys could easily inject if they have enough time to fine tune their next release.

Fingers crossed then...

I kinda don't know what I should think about this, but in some way I have to agree. At the beginning of being a Paramore fan, I was kinda proud or better to say calmed that I finally found a good young band that plays exactly the music I like and is not known to all (at least over here). But now they're almost known to all, already appeared in the most crappy german teen mag ever (Bravo) and stuff. It's kinda annoying for me to see how much people from my school behave like 'I'm so cool, I know a band that you don't know and I'm the biggest fan.' When I'm comming over then and say they should calm down, I know this band already about a year and I really live for them, the people often laugh at me and don't believe me.

That's the thing I hate at Paramore getting more and more popular.

Yeah, I totally get that.

It's just, to me it seems like the same thing is being said over and over...and from the way it's been said it's as if Paramore are just "whatever" now.

I would like to repeat, that they chose to go on MTV. I don't know, maybe they wanted a bigger audience? They knew there would be consequences.

I would like to repeat what someone has said, that it seems to be cool to bash mainstream stuff, or something. I don't see the problem personally.

I'm a fan of Paramore and I don't care what people think, that's all...lool

ehhh...don't shoot me. :(

• Like 1

Yeah, I totally get that.

It's just, to me it seems like the same thing is being said over and over...and from the way it's been said it's as if Paramore are just "whatever" now.

I would like to repeat, that they chose to go on MTV. I don't know, maybe they wanted a bigger audience? They knew there would be consequences.

I would like to repeat what someone has said, that it seems to be cool to bash mainstream stuff, or something. I don't see the problem personally.

I'm a fan of Paramore and I don't care what people think, that's all...lool

ehhh...don't shoot me. :(

I agree 100%

• 4 years later...

It's not really bashing, just talking about it.

However, the best way to keep old posts like this in the past is to just leave them be. Commenting on them bumps them back to the top and then everyone sees them - the last post on this was from 2008, so nobody was continuing it. Rule of thumb: if the last post in a thread is more than a few months old, it's dead. :P