Anyone lost interest??

the1

I don't really care.

I like them as people and I like their music, so long as I'm in the mood for it.

Last year, they were my favourite band, they aren't now, it's not their own fault, it's just because I've opened my eyes to stuff I personally find better.

I'll always have a place in my heart for Paramore, corny as it seems, just not as big a part as I have for other bands.

I don't really care.

I like them as people and I like their music, so long as I'm in the mood for it.

Last year, they were my favourite band, they aren't now, it's not their own fault, it's just because I've opened my eyes to stuff I personally find better.

I'll always have a place in my heart for Paramore, corny as it seems, just not as big a part as I have for other bands.

very well said para-sis!:)

I don't really care.

you're right. it's not their own fault at all.

I knew them before riot and loved the song Pressure, but I won't lie, I forgot about them for a bit until I heard Misery Business. Not my fault, I don't live near a big music shop where I could get AWKIF.

Well, you could've downloaded it on the internet.

i dont see how twilight has changed them that much. sure they have a few new fans but i dont think it like made them blow up more than they already have. i think twilight was a great choice for them. they werent forced to do it, they wanted to do it because hayley loved the books. i didnt even hear the songs in the movie except for the other one (not decode, sorry idk the name of the other one) when those girls were shopping for dresses or w/e you could barely hear it in the background. i'm sure they would be crushed to hear that their fans are loosing interest in them. i bet everything will change once the new album comes out.

I think its stupid some of you guys are mad they "sold out" to MTV.What do you want them to do,be some poore indy band that has fans that say "they don't get the credit they deserve ,and are so much better than every one they play on MTV"?they deserve that popularity.To me its not Paramore selling out but it seems like some of their fans are selling them out because of their new fans.

• Like 1

^ i love that post so much

those who knew paramore before riot want them to be small again. but most of the people here ( i think ) wouldn't know them without riot.

sure i miss seeing them in the small venues, being able to hang out after shows w/o their tour managers telling them to hurry up or them getting attacked by thousands of fans, but i honestly couldnt be happier for them. sure every now and then i look at older pictures or videos and i get upset and think wow, look how different things use to be...but then i look at pictures of them at grammys and big huge sell out shows and i cant help but to smile and be sooo happy for them. this is their dream, to be able to play music every night and make money off it. right when they were getting really noticed for riot! i was soo upset and i will admit a bit selfish, but then josh posted an lj or something and was like if we ever wanted to make this our career we were going to have to start growing as a band.... (something along those lines) and it really made me change how i viewed their sucess. he was right if we still wanted to have a paramore they were going to have to get bigger so that they could continue to do what they love

Honestly, there are two sides to this for me. On one hand, I would love to be able to go to a show where you could just walk up to Paramore and hang out like in the old days. That would be amazing, don't get me wrong. On the other hand though, I am so proud of Paramore and all of the success they have. They did what every band wants to do...they got their music heard. While it would be cool for it to still be like the old days, I wouldn't want anything but the best for the band and to have them sell millions of records is fantastic. I am just happy that I DID find out about them before they got big.

i feel the same way!

i miss haning out with them befor shows and stuff. but im happy i did then cause im really happy where they are now.

i dont want them to have any less sucess. they deserve it.

i dont see how twilight has changed them that much. sure they have a few new fans but i dont think it like made them blow up more than they already have. i think twilight was a great choice for them. they werent forced to do it, they wanted to do it because hayley loved the books. i didnt even hear the songs in the movie except for the other one (not decode, sorry idk the name of the other one) when those girls were shopping for dresses or w/e you could barely hear it in the background. i'm sure they would be crushed to hear that their fans are loosing interest in them. i bet everything will change once the new album comes out.

I agree. I'm a huge Twilight fan and while them doing songs for the film may have brought in some new fans, I really haven't noticed a big increase in 'teenies' or whatever.

I don't care about the whole will they be sell outs thing, they're big now, they have teenies etc etc..

I don't understand this thread at all :P I honestly just don't care what people think.

I like Paramore and their music.

Maybe there's something wrong, but I wouldn't know.

And why is Hayley annoying now?

ohhh this whole thing is ridiculous :P

I don't care about the whole will they be sell outs thing, they're big now, they have teenies etc etc..

I don't understand this thread at all :P I honestly just don't care what people think.

I like Paramore and their music.

Maybe there's something wrong, but I wouldn't know.

And why is Hayley annoying now?

ohhh this whole thing is ridiculous :P

Okay, I'll keep my thoughts to myself until album #3 comes out :P

Cause for me, I don't care about teeny fans I was just disappointed with Riot personally so really like I said I won't say much til the next album comes out. That's not to say I hated Riot btw.

To me,it seems that alot of people(not everybody) bash Riot! because it was mainstream ,and bashing mainstream stuff is the "cool" thing to do.I heard some say the lyrics weren't as deep as AWKIF.....I mean,realy? Riot! had great songs like Hallelujah,We are Broken ,and more with great lyrics.Another thing I've heard is that they changed their sound to much ,and they're not as "rockish" sounding as they used to be....If they didn't change they're sound every body would say "this sounds the exact same as they're other album:mad:" and Riot! had great "rockish" songs anyway like LTFB and Miz Biz.I'm sure everyone doesn't think that way ,but it seems like alot do.

To me,it seems that alot of people(not everybody) bash Riot! because it was mainstream ,and bashing mainstream stuff is the "cool" thing to do.I heard some say the lyrics weren't as deep as AWKIF.....I mean,realy? Riot! had great songs like Hallelujah,We are Broken ,and more with great lyrics.Another thing I've heard is that they changed their sound to much ,and they're not as "rockish" sounding as they used to be....If they didn't change they're sound every body would say "this sounds the exact same as they're other album:mad:" and Riot! had great "rockish" songs anyway like LTFB and Miz Biz.I'm sure everyone doesn't think that way ,but it seems like alot do.

i don't think anyone on here is bashing riot! just because it went mainstream

True. I wasn't bashing it for that reason.

I was "bashing it", wrong word imo, because I just didn't like it like AWKIF. As I've said before that the two albums are pretty much the same length as each other. Riot I think is two minutes longer. AWKIF = 36 min, Riot = 38 min. AWKIF left me wanting more, and the album seemed too short where as Riot, by about the 5th track I was putting something else on cause the album felt a lot longer than it actually was.

And then the fact that it took a couple of weeks for me to actually listen to it in full from start to finish said a lot about it for me. But it is a decent album. Just imo not as good as AWKIF was. We're all entitled to our opinions right? ;-) And it doesn't make us bad people :P