Anyone lost interest??

the1

for all i can see the point in this thread, a few comments are a bit harsh.

yes, i agree there a few too many fangirls for our beloved paramore out there these days. they annoy the hell out of me - even the ones who are my 'friends'.

but, other than actually getting annoyed, i just try and stay superior to them. they dont love them to way you and i do, or know them the way you and i do.

as for their new found popularity over the last several months, i dont think its on as big a scale as we're anticipating - not on my side of the pound, anyway, simply because record sales dont reflect it. a lot of twats just listen to paramore to be cool (they fail, though).

im probably not being very clear with all this lol. what im basically tryna say, is who gives a shit about how other people appreciate them? all that should matter is what they mean to you.

for all i can see the point in this thread, a few comments are a bit harsh.

yes, i agree there a few too many fangirls for our beloved paramore out there these days. they annoy the hell out of me - even the ones who are my 'friends'.

but, other than actually getting annoyed, i just try and stay superior to them. they dont love them to way you and i do, or know them the way you and i do.

as for their new found popularity over the last several months, i dont think its on as big a scale as we're anticipating - not on my side of the pound, anyway, simply because record sales dont reflect it. a lot of twats just listen to paramore to be cool (they fail, though).

im probably not being very clear with all this lol. what im basically tryna say, is who gives a shit about how other people appreciate them? all that should matter is what they mean to you.

Who let you back in front of a computer? :roll:

Kidding, I agree with you. Most people here feed on whatever bullshit Kerrang and the likes spew at them on TV, in magazines etc. What Paramore have right now could have easily gone to another band, it just so happens it's them who got it

All the promotion?

Wouldn't any band want to promote their album as much as possible so they can get more popular? :oops:

ofcourse they would, promotion is everything for a bands success

i just feel like they have turned 'riot!' into a huuuge money making label.

there are other ways to get noticed, instead of plastering riot! over absolutely everything.

Who let you back in front of a computer? :roll:

Kidding, I agree with you. Most people here feed on whatever bullshit Kerrang and the likes spew at them on TV, in magazines etc. What Paramore have right now could have easily gone to another band, it just so happens it's them who got it

ive been busy!

aye. basically what i was gettin at.

ofcourse they would, promotion is everything for a bands success

i just feel like they have turned 'riot!' into a huuuge money making label.

there are other ways to get noticed, instead of plastering riot! over absolutely everything.

You have a point.

Maybe they're just trying to milk everything they can out of Riot.

I just usually come here because the forum is great.

Agree.

I really wish they could read this thread.

Agree.

^That was before it all exploded though.

Because I think the reason he is so tame now is because there are even more fans, maybe he's embarressed he'll screw up or something?

I dunno.

Or maybe he's not happy with the way things have gone with the band? I mean didn't he always do press stuff with Hayley? Maybe I'm wrong but isn't Jeremy doing the press stuff now?

I agree completely :/

I'm quite surprised at the amount of people agreeing I thought I was in the minority. I wouldn't say I'm embarassed to say I'm a fan, and I actually don't own a Paramore t-shirt, but I still do listen to them now and again but no where near as much as I used to. I'm actually surprised that they're still the #1 band on my last.fm

The "teenies" and "fangirls" or whatever you are calling them are quite annoying... but I get more annoyed by the fanboys.

I deal with these guys on xbox live regularly just because my gamertag is Paramore RIOT.

I actually put RIOT into the gamertag before the album came out and all of this crap happened. I'm trying to find the time and money to change it to something else.

So, people see the name and I get one out of two responses.

Either "Paramore rules! I love Misery Business and crushcrushcrush. Hayley's HOTTTTTT"

or

"Paramore fucking sucks. Why would you make that your gamertag?!"

It's always people being retarded about Riot! I always ask, "Do you like any songs from AWKIF?" and sometimes they don't even know what that is!

tbh Paramore seem a bit crap now.

I mean, RIOT! was amazingly medicore. It's success FAR outweighed its lack of substance.

AWKIF was great. It was a rock record.

Misery Business was good for the first two listens.

They can't even put on an energetic live show anymore. Well, at least Hayley and Zac put some effort in.

Every interview ith them is the same boring stuff. They are soooo over exposed its unbelievable. I used to get excited seeing them in the press, now I don't even bother reading most of the stuff.

They are seen as a family-friendly, safe-as-it-gets band with very little credibility. When I saw them there were a few too many 12 year old girls. Not that music should alienate people, it just feels like they are becoming a Disney band lol. Their association with Twilight has done nothing to help this.

I used to want to represent them. Now I would be embarassed to wear a Paramore shirt.

Don't get me wrong- as people they are still great. But music wise, it's hard to get past the fact that they've become a teenage girls band. I mean, now they are all colour coded outfits and doing shit interviews for teenage girls magazines. It's crap!!

Anyone else feel the same?

(Yes I am aware I'm gonna get a load of "How dare you!"s and shit, but I'm allowed to have opinions, and I know people that agree with me)

let me guess you still think im full of shit. it would be weird if you did though since you brought up some of the same points.

Paramore for some reason isn't that big around me. They don't play their music on the radio because all there is is hip hop. I am just irritated that people make such big deals about this, all I can say is wtf.

you all know if you were in a band you would say yes to having your videos on mtv and being on trl and all that

plus it like that with any band there gonna get big and dumb people you dont like will like them. plus if you dont wanna to listen to the same music as like 12 year olds then listen to like radiohead or something. you can tell what kind of band little kids will like by listening to them and you know they will like paramore. plus like any band your not gonna like them as much as when you first started liking them cause they were new and fresh 2 you