Anyone lost interest??

the1

tbh Paramore seem a bit crap now.

I mean, RIOT! was amazingly medicore. It's success FAR outweighed its lack of substance.

AWKIF was great. It was a rock record.

Misery Business was good for the first two listens.

They can't even put on an energetic live show anymore. Well, at least Hayley and Zac put some effort in.

Every interview ith them is the same boring stuff. They are soooo over exposed its unbelievable. I used to get excited seeing them in the press, now I don't even bother reading most of the stuff.

They are seen as a family-friendly, safe-as-it-gets band with very little credibility. When I saw them there were a few too many 12 year old girls. Not that music should alienate people, it just feels like they are becoming a Disney band lol. Their association with Twilight has done nothing to help this.

I used to want to represent them. Now I would be embarassed to wear a Paramore shirt.

Don't get me wrong- as people they are still great. But music wise, it's hard to get past the fact that they've become a teenage girls band. I mean, now they are all colour coded outfits and doing shit interviews for teenage girls magazines. It's crap!!

Anyone else feel the same?

(Yes I am aware I'm gonna get a load of "How dare you!"s and shit, but I'm allowed to have opinions, and I know people that agree with me)

Ok, I'll bite and throw my 2 cents in...

First of all, you seem far too concerned what other people think about the bands you like and the music you listen to. If you like Paramore, wear their shirts. If you don't, don't. But why care what other people think? Who cares if teenage girls like them? If you like them for the music, then the rest of that b.s. doesn't matter.

AWKIF is, in my opinion, an overrated record by a lot of "early" Paramore fans. It's a very good record with a number of impressive songs - but it's not a modern classic or anything like that. It's also not produced particularly well (again, my opinion) - and tbh, I think the primary reason most people worship it is either a) it was the first thing they heard by Paramore and, for that reason, it's always going to be special to them or B) they think it's uncool to like RIOT! and cool to like AWKIF.

I personally don't find myself listening to AWKIF much anymore - the songs progressed so much live as the band grew that I much prefer the live versions from Anaheim or any of the more recent shows.

As for RIOT!, I don't see how you can declare the record as having a "lack of substance." We Are Broken is a very substantial song about the pain we encounter in this world. Miracle is a brilliant song about faith. Does the album have its poppier, hit type songs? Yep...but even Misery Business is based on a real-life event and is an extremely honest, straight-forward song - in many ways, a big departure from other songs Hayley's written.

As for the production on RIOT! - it's clean and bright - it sounds like a David Bendeth record. Is it my all-time favorite sound? No. I do think it's better produced than AWKIF...but I also feel that the live renditions of many of the RIOT! tracks have progressed beyond what's on the record - so again, I prefer to listen to those.

I don't get the criticism of the live shows that you offer either. I think they've become an exceptional live band, especially as I look back over the past 3 years - and I've never seen any lack of energy from them onstage - even the last time I saw them in VA (on the Final RIOT! tour), where the arena/amphitheatre was far from full due to poor local promotion. The only person you could potentially criticize for a "lack of energy" onstage, imo, is Josh - but he's always been a relatively stationary performer. And honestly, they don't all need to leap around the stage as long as the energy translates into the songs, which I believe it does.

You also can't blame them for giving the same answers to the same questions in interviews. You think you're tired of it? Think how tired of it they must be. It's why we always try to ask them completely random stuff when we interview them...it's more fun for them and us.

Anyway, I'm going on and on, so I guess I'll leave it at this. I've watched them get to this point after 3 years of incredibly hard work - and I'm incredibly proud of them. So, certainly, everything I write above is somewhat biased by that. But, I really don't get the "credibility" complaint or whatever. It doesn't matter to me WHO listens to Paramore or what reason they get into them. Maybe some 12 year old girl hears them on Disney Radio and loves them because she looks up to Hayley? So what? I would LOVE for my kids to get into them - and honestly, 12 year olds are going to listen to something - why NOT have it be great music like Paramore instead of so much of the other crap that's out there?

But then, I don't care who else listens to the music I love. If it's great music, it's great music and that's all that matters. And, in my opinion, Paramore's still making great music - and the best is yet to come.

• Like 3

"There's a big difference between a 13 year old girl who loves music for its substance and a 13 yr old girl who loves music for its image and "coolness". I'm not stereotyping a whole generation, I'm just saying that alot of Paramores fans are the same crowd you'd find with Disney. Not that there is anything wrong with that. but it itsnt the kind of crowd I would like to be seen in- Music is art, not a trend."

umm thats my point. i AGREE with you. but how come when i say it you say im full of shit? this has nothing to do with liking avril. i still hate her for trying to be trendy.

First of all, you seem far too concerned what other people think about the bands you like and the music you listen to. If you like Paramore, wear their shirts. If you don't, don't. But why care what other people think? Who cares if teenage girls like them? If you like them for the music, then the rest of that b.s. doesn't matter....

the wisdom of the forum right there

Lol, I agree with Brent.

How many people have been saying that Paramore sucks because most of their fans are teenage girls ?

Those people should grow up and listen to the music before saying anything bad about them.

I often wear a Paramore shirt, and I'm proud of it. 8-)

*wall of text*. And, in my opinion, Paramore's still making great music - and the best is yet to come.

Well, I appreciate that you are probably in one of the best positions to offer opinions.

But you can't seriously say Riot! had substance. Miracle a good song about faith??? Try listening to Brand New. We Are Broken sounds like an Avril song. It's all jjst so glossy and sugar coated, there's no urgency whatsoever. And emotion that could be there is ruined by the fact it sounds like its sole purpose was to shift units. This could explain why they sound better live.

And Josh is crap live. I wouldnt say the energy is put into the songs instead- he's just playing. And he hasn't always been a stationary live performer- you should know that. I'm not beating down everything the band has done- Hayley is undoubtedly an amazing talent, and so is Zac. But I'll use a quote by Kurt Cobain to sum certain fans up- "You could shit upon the stage. They'd be fans".

lol wat.

and to answer your question, no.

the band isn't different, their fan base is. big difference.

There were alot of teenage girls at the Pmore show I went to. How is that hard to comprehend?

The band IS different. It's obvious in every aspect of what they are doing.

I don't see very much twelve years old girls here ...

I'm willing to bet there are a few.

And as for the t shirt thing- I'm not overly concerned about what people think, but I don't exactly feel the pride about the band that I used to. They don't need me to help them anymore. Whereas they used to be a band that had some kind of personal connection, now to me they simply feel like another huge band that seems to have it all.

They are all image- thats all anyone gives a fuck about. If they were popular for making a great album then thats fine, but they didnt make a great album.

It's criminal that a band like Paramore should be nominated for grammies when bands like Reuben are forcd to break up because of money issues.

And I'm mainly having a go at the label, not the band.

As for David Bendeth, he ruined KSE and he ruined Paramore. At least AWKIF had some kinda raw, garage-band-ness to it. RIOT! sounds like every other pop punk band with a couple of ballads thrown in for good measure.

Ohhh God , sireously you think those 'tweenage' fangirls are immature and annoying.... As much as i respect you opinion , grow up . stop caring so much about what other people think , who gives a shit if Paramore have some 'tweenage' fans, yes that does happen with success . It's a good thing , means they're appealing to a wider audience, they deserve the success they're getting , i think it's great and i love AWKIF and Riot equally , but i do believe the best from Paramore is yet to come . But anyway why should anyone stop liking a band or a singer , just cause some stupid , self concious person has decided to give them an "uncool" reputation , i mean sireously you are no different than those 'tweenage' fans , you're falling off the bandwagon because a band or singer is now considered "uncool" and they're jumping on the bandwagon cause they are considered cool, there's not much difference . Now you obviously think you're so "hardcore" cause you listen screamo and heavy metal well whoopie do aren't you cool cause you listen to such "hardcore" music with such "hardcore screaming" i mean bloody hell , you really are no different from the tweenage fans . who gives a fuck if people don't like Paramore and consider them "uncool" i don't give a shit if people think that , it's gonna stop me from liking them , wearing their t shirts, listening to their music etc , cause unlike you i'm not self concious and so desperate to fit in and be "cool" ... i have my own taste in music, my own dress sense and i don't give a fuck if people do or don't like it .

and thebrowncoat, i completely agree :]

*seriously*

can you stop saying 'tweenage' please?

i mean, srsly, wtf does it mean?

it makes you sound abit.. naff.

hahhaha yeah i know it does , but everyone else is using it and tbh i couldnt be bothered to type kids aged about 10-13 everytime , and it's a phrase people when i say , know what im talking about so yeah ...

Ohhh God , sireously you think those 'tweenage' fangirls are immature and annoying.... As much as i respect you opinion , grow up . stop caring so much about what other people think , who gives a shit if Paramore have some 'tweenage' fans, yes that does happen with success . It's a good thing , means they're appealing to a wider audience, they deserve the success they're getting , i think it's great and i love AWKIF and Riot equally , but i do believe the best from Paramore is yet to come . But anyway why should anyone stop liking a band or a singer , just cause some stupid , self concious person has decided to give them an "uncool" reputation , i mean sireously you are no different than those 'tweenage' fans , you're falling off the bandwagon because a band or singer is now considered "uncool" and they're jumping on the bandwagon cause they are considered cool, there's not much difference . Now you obviously think you're so "hardcore" cause you listen screamo and heavy metal well whoopie do aren't you cool cause you listen to such "hardcore" music with such "hardcore screaming" i mean bloody hell , you really are no different from the tweenage fans . who gives a fuck if people don't like Paramore and consider them "uncool" i don't give a shit if people think that , it's gonna stop me from liking them , wearing their t shirts, listening to their music etc , cause unlike you i'm not self concious and so desperate to fit in and be "cool" ... i have my own taste in music, my own dress sense and i don't give a fuck if people do or don't like it .

and thebrowncoat, i completely agree :]

Um, what??

Go fuck yourself you stupid little slut.

First of all, you seem far too concerned what other people think about the bands you like and the music you listen to. If you like Paramore, wear their shirts. If you don't, don't. But why care what other people think? Who cares if teenage girls like them? If you like them for the music, then the rest of that b.s. doesn't matter.

AWKIF is, in my opinion, an overrated record by a lot of "early" Paramore fans. It's a very good record with a number of impressive songs - but it's not a modern classic or anything like that. It's also not produced particularly well (again, my opinion) - and tbh, I think the primary reason most people worship it is either a) it was the first thing they heard by Paramore and, for that reason, it's always going to be special to them or B) they think it's uncool to like RIOT! and cool to like AWKIF.

I personally don't find myself listening to AWKIF much anymore - the songs progressed so much live as the band grew that I much prefer the live versions from Anaheim or any of the more recent shows.

As for RIOT!, I don't see how you can declare the record as having a "lack of substance." We Are Broken is a very substantial song about the pain we encounter in this world. Miracle is a brilliant song about faith. Does the album have its poppier, hit type songs? Yep...but even Misery Business is based on a real-life event and is an extremely honest, straight-forward song - in many ways, a big departure from other songs Hayley's written.

As for the production on RIOT! - it's clean and bright - it sounds like a David Bendeth record. Is it my all-time favorite sound? No. I do think it's better produced than AWKIF...but I also feel that the live renditions of many of the RIOT! tracks have progressed beyond what's on the record - so again, I prefer to listen to those.

I don't get the criticism of the live shows that you offer either. I think they've become an exceptional live band, especially as I look back over the past 3 years - and I've never seen any lack of energy from them onstage - even the last time I saw them in VA (on the Final RIOT! tour), where the arena/amphitheatre was far from full due to poor local promotion. The only person you could potentially criticize for a "lack of energy" onstage, imo, is Josh - but he's always been a relatively stationary performer. And honestly, they don't all need to leap around the stage as long as the energy translates into the songs, which I believe it does.

You also can't blame them for giving the same answers to the same questions in interviews. You think you're tired of it? Think how tired of it they must be. It's why we always try to ask them completely random stuff when we interview them...it's more fun for them and us.

Anyway, I'm going on and on, so I guess I'll leave it at this. I've watched them get to this point after 3 years of incredibly hard work - and I'm incredibly proud of them. So, certainly, everything I write above is somewhat biased by that. But, I really don't get the "credibility" complaint or whatever. It doesn't matter to me WHO listens to Paramore or what reason they get into them. Maybe some 12 year old girl hears them on Disney Radio and loves them because she looks up to Hayley? So what? I would LOVE for my kids to get into them - and honestly, 12 year olds are going to listen to something - why NOT have it be great music like Paramore instead of so much of the other crap that's out there?

But then, I don't care who else listens to the music I love. If it's great music, it's great music and that's all that matters. And, in my opinion, Paramore's still making great music - and the best is yet to come.

Brilliant post.

hahahahhahahaha like you know the first thing about me you ignorant bastard .

you just can't take the truth .

Um. I cant take the truth??

Coming from the girl who states MY preference in music when she doesn't even know me. And she gets it WRONG. You're calling ME ignorant??

LOL

Fuck off.

Okay, that was unnecessary.

Meh

OHMYLORD. everybody shut the fuck up. learn how to have a fucking civilized argument without the personal insults, why don't you? it makes you sound WAY more intelligent.

this thread is about OPINIONS. :roll:

She started it :shifty: