Anyone lost interest??

the1

to be honest, this thread made me a little bit angry.

- not at anyone in particular, i mean, in a way i can totally get where you're all coming from.. but then, at the same time, i can't understand.

You see, i live in Australia AAAAAAND not many people have heard of/like paramore over here. However, everyday they're becoming more well known.. and i definatley don't like that.

How big, exactly are Paramore else where? 'cause i don't know.

and, for the record, I actually prefer 'Riot!' to 'AWKIF' :P

I prefer RIOT! to AWKIF. I love both, I just like RIOT! more. I've listened to crushx3 over 100 times now, lmao.

I can't wait to get the Final RIOT!, personally, cause I love live DVD's, they bring back life into old songs. And it seems like everyone who's bought it has really enjoyed it, so, yeah. :P

Ok - first of all - all the insulting people back and forth - please cut it out. Having a debate like this is fine, but telling each other to f*ck off and personally insulting people is not acceptable. Treat people on here the way you'd like to be treated - I'm frankly getting very tired of seeing threads here turn into a bunch of people insulting each other and swearing at each other, etc.

Everyone is welcome to express their opinions here. If you don't agree with them, post that and post why you don't agree. Don't curse at someone, don't call someone names, etc. That's not necessary and it's not acceptable behavior.

With that said, thanks to everyone for apologizing. Just think before you post stuff like that in the future. Please.

Well, I appreciate that you are probably in one of the best positions to offer opinions.

But you can't seriously say Riot! had substance. Miracle a good song about faith??? Try listening to Brand New. We Are Broken sounds like an Avril song. It's all jjst so glossy and sugar coated, there's no urgency whatsoever. And emotion that could be there is ruined by the fact it sounds like its sole purpose was to shift units. This could explain why they sound better live.

And Josh is crap live. I wouldnt say the energy is put into the songs instead- he's just playing. And he hasn't always been a stationary live performer- you should know that. I'm not beating down everything the band has done- Hayley is undoubtedly an amazing talent, and so is Zac. But I'll use a quote by Kurt Cobain to sum certain fans up- "You could shit upon the stage. They'd be fans".

There were alot of teenage girls at the Pmore show I went to. How is that hard to comprehend?

The band IS different. It's obvious in every aspect of what they are doing.

I'm willing to bet there are a few.

And as for the t shirt thing- I'm not overly concerned about what people think, but I don't exactly feel the pride about the band that I used to. They don't need me to help them anymore. Whereas they used to be a band that had some kind of personal connection, now to me they simply feel like another huge band that seems to have it all.

They are all image- thats all anyone gives a fuck about. If they were popular for making a great album then thats fine, but they didnt make a great album.

It's criminal that a band like Paramore should be nominated for grammies when bands like Reuben are forcd to break up because of money issues.

And I'm mainly having a go at the label, not the band.

As for David Bendeth, he ruined KSE and he ruined Paramore. At least AWKIF had some kinda raw, garage-band-ness to it. RIOT! sounds like every other pop punk band with a couple of ballads thrown in for good measure.

Now about all this - I will agree that the production on RIOT! certainly put a very clean, somewhat pop sound onto the album. With some songs, I think it works very well and really gives the songs a great sound. In other cases, I'm not as fond of it. I wouldn't call it a badly produced album - but I also don't think it's the sound they're going for with the next record.

I don't think a producer can ruin a band though. He didn't change who they are live. He didn't change the kind of music they write. And he certainly didn't change who they are as people - they've grown up over the last 3 years, but they're still great kids.

Is RIOT! a great album? I don't think any of us can answer that question except for ourselves. Some people probably think it is, you think it isn't. I think Paramore has a brilliant album in them - for a lot of bands, that's album #3, so I'm very anxious to see what they come up with in the studio this time.

I willl dispute that the band is all about image though. I think that's really, really far from the truth. Sure, there are fans who love them just because they want to be like Hayley or whatever...but I think the passion of fans on here, on the LJ, at the shows I've been to - all of that is because of a connection with the MUSIC as well. Heck, that's why we're having debates like this one. And as far as the band is concerned, their focus, their dedication is absolutely on the music - on being the best they can be at what they do. The image stuff is there because it has to be - they're going to be marketed, etc. But they have stayed remarkably true to who they are through all of that - they have, in fact, turned down a LOT of things that weren't true to who they are as people and artists - and I have a huge amount of respect for them for that. To them, it's the music that counts.

I do listen to Brand New - and they write some exceptional songs. That said, I can't say that any Brand New song has ever personally affected me the way "Miracle" has. Some of that is certainly due to the specifics of my life and what I bring to that song when I listen to it, but I also think it's a great song with a lot of lyrical depth.

I've never seen Josh move around much onstage....he's certainly never been Hayley or Jeremy in that regard - but I don't think a lack of movement onstage translates to a lack of energy in the performance. Josh can be pretty introverted and I think that sometimes shows up onstage.

I really don't get people feeling the band doesn't have a personal connection with their fans anymore though. This just doesn't make sense to me. Hayley spends time commenting back to TONS of people in the LJ after she posts. She's on MovieScenester and I know she writes people on there, answers questions, etc. She spent hours one night on the fan club chatroom with people. I think she makes a tremendous effort to stay connected to the fans - especially considering the crazy demands on her time. The guys do less of that, but I've never seen them be less than great with fans at meet & greets, before and after shows, etc. They don't seem as into the online thing, but that's their decision and it's really the way it's always been, so I'm cool with it.

And as for them not needing help - yeah, it's true that one fan's devotion and promotion isn't going to make as big a difference as it used to - that's just a part of their fanbase growing. But they still need our support. We're still what keeps them going and a huge part of why they do this. And believe me - they still truly value their fans and the connection they have with them. I have no doubt about that.

• Like 1

This whole thread brings up many good points. The only one I can really say I don't agree with is the whole "T-Shirt" wearing thing. I spent my hard earned money on the merch so I'm gonna wear it regardless of what other people think.

I still continue to support the band. In fact, they are the only band that I actually keep putting any money into. I almost wasn't able to buy the Final Riot! dvd but I did because I refused to "steal" from them and just get it from a torrent.

Well, I barely have a year listening to Paramore sooooo.......anyway I agree with the live thing it's just too diferent now, I mean, look:

I want Hunter to take back Josh's place.

I prefer his style. :)

Why the hell did he broke up with Paramore ? :uhh:

I can't help feeling bad for those Josh dissing comments. I think he's great at what he does, he's so dedicated and passionate about it and puts a lot of heart into his work to try and give the best that he can. The fact that most of the times he's not hyper on stage doesn't make me want to lose interest in the band. Their music still gives me emotions and that's what counts to me.

I can't help feeling bad for those Josh dissing comments. I think he's great at what he does, he's so dedicated and passionate about it and puts a lot of heart into his work to try and give the best that he can. The fact that most of the times he's not hyper on stage doesn't make me want to lose interest in the band. Their music still gives me emotions and that's what counts to me.

I agree.One day I want to play guitar just like Josh.:)

Not on stage he doesnt...

From your point of view, not from mine. I absolutely love when he goes crazy on stage, but I don't think that when he doesn't he's not feeling it.

There are exceptional guitarists that are pretty still on stage, a lot more than Josh actually. But this doesn't mean they don't put passion in what they do, in my opinion.

as much as i love paramore i have to agree with a lot of what's been said

maybe not to the same degree as some people but i definitely respect everyone's opinion

paramore's done a lot for me and i will always think they're great people and great artists

they're my favorite band for a reason

they have been for the past three years, and will be for a very very long time

lately though its almost pissed me off any time someone mentions them

like people have mentioned the teenies bother me to no end

i know it happens with a lot of bands, and usually i don't let it bother me

but because paramore means a lot more to me than any other band ever has, i take it personally

anytime i see them in a mainstream magazine or see them on tv or something i get really bothered

i used to get so excited, because a long time ago it was a big deal that they'd actually made it on to tv

but now they're EVERYWHERE!

everything's 'paramore this, hayley that, wooo riot!' and its like STFU already

when riot! first came out i loved it - not as much as all we know is falling, but i still thought it was great

it was catchy as hell and the lyrics matured

but now i'm so sick of it i can't listen to it anymore

i'm really excited but terrified at the same time for the new album

i don't want their new 'trendyness' to get in the way of them making a great record

i don't want it to be one of those 'we have a lot of fans now so we have to do something generic to please them all' things

i want them to get in there and give it their all and make it rock

and i can understand why someone might think they've 'sold out', especially with the twilight stuff

its unfortunate that twilight has turned into such a fad too

but since twilight is probably my second favorite thing in the world i was excited

i don't see it as selling out at all, for one because i know how much hayley loves it too

i see it as they got to participate in something really neat and important to them

in my opinion someone who sold out is someone who started doing things for the publicity or the image

i don't think paramore did that

as for live performances, i haven't had a chance to see them in over a year so i don't really have an opinion on that

but never will i stop loving paramore

besides their lack of entertainment...tbh...i think hayley has become quite annoying... since the septum and tattoo and shit...all i can think is...poser....hate to say it because i used to think she was awesome...but wtf

EDIT:

also...people make her out to be this fucking perfect/most beautiful human being who can do no wrong! "omg ilove hayley! shes so perfect! no flaws!"

NEWSFLASH! she isnt!

i actually like there songs more preformed live. its seems more them selfs cuase they mix it up, like the lyrics and intro and ourto's and solos. i find it more interesting than both records.

and hayleys voice live never stops amazing me.

so as long as they keep doing that then i dont think i could ever lose interest. just a new record will always help.

besides their lack of entertainment...tbh...i think hayley has become quite annoying... since the septum and tattoo and shit...all i can think is...poser....hate to say it because i used to think she was awesome...but wtf

EDIT:

also...people make her out to be this fucking perfect/most beautiful human being who can do no wrong! "omg ilove hayley! shes so perfect! no flaws!"

NEWSFLASH! she isnt!

(double post. im to lazy to quote it agian in my old one)

i get wat your saying. but i dont think hayley is doing this to act hardcore or anything. hayley is pretty much known to be herself. she dresses differently like in 2006 shows and stuff. she wears watever she likes just cuase its her. she dyes her hair since any color and now the septum. i think its expected. hayley never really "follows the crowd". she does watt ever she wants style wise and i think its always been that way.

and i dont find hayley perfect and i do think that she has flaws but she just always seems comfortable in her own skin. which is somthing alot of people look up too. perhaps that percieved as "perfection".

(double post. im to lazy to quote it agian in my old one)

i get wat your saying. but i dont think hayley is doing this to act hardcore or anything. hayley is pretty much known to be herself. she dresses differently like in 2006 shows and stuff. she wears watever she likes just cuase its her. she dyes her hair since any color and now the septum. i think its expected. hayley never really "follows the crowd". she does watt ever she wants style wise and i think its always been that way.

and i dont find hayley perfect and i do think that she has flaws but she just always seems comfortable in her own skin. which is somthing alot of people look up too. perhaps that percieved as "perfection".

thats true i see what you're saying...i dont think shes doing it to be hardcore per se....it just doesnt seem like something she would do out of the ordinary...though she does color her hair more than any person i have ever met....maybe i feel this way because of how they are mostly portrayed as a goody goody bible following family loving type of band...idk...its just weird to me hahh i cant really explain it...its kinda like i just dont see her as the same person she was a year ago..partly because of all the fame n stuff

i mean,yes, ik people change...but it just doesnt seem like the same band i fell in love w. years ago hah.

The whole omg Paramore have changed, they've done this, their music is like this, they're not the way they were before....sorry but it isn't that expected?

It happens with every band. It's like FOB's fans saying "I want another Take This To Your Grave"; it just won't happen and if you're really a fan you wouldn't be bothered, you'd accept it and continue to support them. Unless you think the music has turned crap and you can't be bothered you can then walk away.

I'm one who adapts to every genre of music so I'm not stubborn or fussy like that. I don't care if RIOT! sounds more poppy. It's not a bad thing, you shouldn't be ashamed or whatever...And I relate to it more than AWKIF, anyway.

When It Rains, For a Pessimist, crushx3 (really, it is, and also it's just so fun to listen to)

Brent, your posts are amazing, I agree with you completely, thank you! O_O Wow.

May I ask why your still on these boards?(not trying to be mean)

They probably just get close to the people.

That's most of the reason why I come here now.

I mean, I still like Paramore but, I like talking about stuff with everyone:hug:

I haven't been on in a while, forever really, and I don't usually post anything, but this thread caught my attention.

Since we are all sharing our opinions I guess that I'll share mine.

A. They have changed, but that was expected, and if it wasn't it should have been. In my opinion, I don't see their change as a negative, they are growing up. Maybe it's because I am the same age as all of them, but it feels like I am growing up with them, not that I am growing away from them or them away from me for that matter.

B. I LOVED awkif but I enjoyed Riot! as well. I also like all the new Twilight stuff, even though I'm not super into twilight. Hayley's voice is maturing wonderfully and the bands music as a whole is also maturing. Sure it's no awkif but can one really expect it to be? That record was what started the love of Paramore for all of us, so it's a record that will always be hard to top.

C. I can honestly say that I disagree about the live shows. Sure more production has been put into them as the venues grow larger and larger, but that's just something that happens with success. The Final Riot was one of the best shows I've ever seen them play (and I've seen a ton). Everything about that show was amazing.

Yeah some of the fans that weren't there back in the day are kind of annoying with there behavior at recent shows, but that's hardly the bands fault.

D. Paramore still really cares about the fans. Truly. Yeah they can't chill with fans after shows like they used to, but that's just because they have become SO popular. Hayley especially really tries to keep that connection with the fans. She still posts on livejournal and I remember recently she came out of Jimmy Kimmel, after playing two shows AND having a signing, to sign autographs for the fans.

In conclusion, I guess I just want to express that I still love these guys to death and love the music they are making. This is not meant to be offensive in any way, I just wanted to provide my perspective on the bands "change."

• Like 1