Paramore opening for No Doubt?

Kristen

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not true. Paramore has become a big band, but they're still in the 3-5,000 seat range live. That's about as big a venue as they can realistically headline. RIOT! has sold over a million copies, which is tremendous nowadays - but look back at No Doubt's career album sales to put that in perspective.

If this rumor is true, this is undoubtedly going to be a large (10-15,000 seat) amphitheatre tour. It will be a really big deal from a publicity standpoint with No Doubt performing live again, etc. Huge exposure for the band and a great chance to take them to the next level - and introduce them live to a ton more new fans who might not be that familiar with them yet or have just heard a song or two on the radio.

8,000 seats in Mexico. :mrgreen:

But yeah, I guess you're right, it'd be a big opportunity for the band.

Too bad this tour won't take place in Europe.

this would be hot and amazing for paramore.

also the best tour of 09 is definitely going to be the circus starring britney spears sorry to break it to whoever didn't learn that by now.

Shush you. :mrgreen:

if this turns out to be true, i will flip a shit. this will definitely be the best tour of 2009.

and i think it's a little ridiculous that people are saying paramore is too big to open. yeah, paramore is big, but only for the past year. no doubt has been big for almost two decades. i think paramore would be honored of they had the chance to open for such a legendary band.

Aw, when I read the No Doubt forum, I see that Paramore really has a bad reputation, I think it's sad ... :neutral:

By the way, someone on the No Doubt forum said that :

Re: Paramore opening for ND on Tour?

Yes, it is true. Paramore will be joining No Doubt on tour. i literally JUST got a call from a verryy ( i mean very) close source to paramore

Believe it or not.

I read further on the thread, and that person says that his source is Hayley's family.

He says he's a friend of them.

No pun intended

;-)

But if it is, I'm not intending on going, unless it's pretty close from here.

I only drove 4 hours to Asbury to see them.

Not see them open for a random band.

either you're a) 10 y/o B) ignorant or c) have been under a rock for the past 15+ years.

No Doubt is the exact opposite of a random band. Just FYI.

Paramore can only hope to have the same longevity and success No Doubt has had.