The All-American Rejects

kendo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got to the venue around 3:30-4:00PM. My mom got in line for me & I stood by the buses for a while. Tyson did come out but only had time to sign a couple people's things. The doors opened at six & I booked it over to merch with my brother. I got two t-shirts & then the merch lady surprised me with a special autographed poster from AAR. I was so excited! Then I got to the floor & found an open space on the barricade so I stood there. I was stuck next to four 7 year old girls. They drove me nuts all night, but I'll tell that story some other time. The first band, The Upwelling, played at 7:30. Then about 20 minutes later Shiny Toy Guns started. They were awesome, I really suggest giving them a listen. I was kind of bummed out though because Ace Enders was supposed to play but he van broke down. After STG played some music that sounded like it should be in a Disney movie started to play. We waited for AAR for about 45 minutes. Then they came on; they started the set with "I Wanna" & ripped right into "Fallin' Apart". I was directly in front of Nick & every time he looked at me he'd make direct eye contact & smile. He threw me a pick but the friggin' little girl next to me took it. Before they played "Mona Lisa" some crew guys brought out some champagne & cake for Tyson, since it was his birthday. So while Tyson was pouring out drinks for the band he was singing some type of birthday song for himself. They ended the first part of their set with "Move Along"; them they came back out (Tyson literally crawled across the stage) and played "Gives You Hell" & "The Wind Blows". About 5 minutes later the band came back on stage & threw out drumsticks, picks, & setlists. I was soooo close to a setlist but once again, the girl I was next to took it.

We then went outside by the buses. We were out there for about 20 minutes & we saw Nick. He brought some stuff onto the bus & then came back out to sign & take pictures. When he got to me he was super stoked I brought my "Swing, Swing" single to get signed. He was all "WHOA! That's awesome that you have this" Then he looked at my hoodie & was all "That's an old shirt too right? Where'd you get it". He's super awesome to talk to. I gave him a bag of gummy bears to which he responded (I apologize for this language but) "Fuuuuuuuck yes!".

It was a lot of fun. I'll post my pictures soon.

• 2 months later...

Not yet no. I don't think they will be until after the blink tour cause of contracts and what not. I suppose if all the blink dates with them on it are sold out it's not so much of an issue but they're probably still contractually not allowed to announce any dates until the blink tour's finished.

Not yet no. I don't think they will be until after the blink tour cause of contracts and what not. I suppose if all the blink dates with them on it are sold out it's not so much of an issue but they're probably still contractually not allowed to announce any dates until the blink tour's finished.

oh man. I'm praying there's a Nashville date.

That would make my life. I knew TBS and Anberlin was touring together again, but I had no idea it was with AAR.

PLEASE LET THIS COME TO NASHVILLE! hahaha