Download question

how can you tell whats legal or ilegal?

If it's free then it's probably "illegal". I wouldn't worry about it anyway, the people who are targeted by authorities are the uploaders not the downloaders.

And if Paramore weren't happy about the songs being downloaded I'm sure they'd have said something by now.

well,if its ilegal then i'll just skip it, I guess

Seriously I wouldn't worry about it :) I mean Paramore are obviously well aware that the songs are there for download and besides none of the tracks have been properly released on CDs (as in the songs are all live recordings) so the band isn't "losing money".

We mostly host downloads of live stuff, so we have permission from the owner and that's totally fine to download. Totally legal.

If you're scared, I would just stay away from TV interviews and things as we don't actually have permission from the corporations to use their video [like the MTV commercials or TRL for example], but the band and their management is fine with us having it up for download (or else we wouldn't have it up).

• Like 1

Where do you live? lol

:shifty:

We mostly host downloads of live stuff, so we have permission from the owner and that's totally fine to download. Totally legal.

If you're scared, I would just stay away from TV interviews and things as we don't actually have permission from the corporations to use their video [like the MTV commercials or TRL for example], but the band and their management is fine with us having it up for download (or else we wouldn't have it up).

your not lying are you?

• 2 months later...

FYI The live stuff is still illegal.

You don't own the copyright for the music and you don't have full permission to distribute it, but saying that most labels let you go with the odd live items unless you were hosting a LOT like my blog was and we got a cease and dismiss order from Warners (Atlantic) for the Paramore items which is why we don't offer anymore downloads by them. So don't fool yourself in thinking it's legal cause it aint.

• 2 weeks later...