Green Day

little_caro

I saw...... Green Day... yesterday.....

OH MY EFFIN GOD. I didn't know that they were so damn good live.

I went there waiting with my friend at 9 AM. It was freezing and we had like big blankets around us. There were actually a lot of people before us which was actually quite surprising but actually it's nice to see that people are into Green Day here.

Then about 1 PM it got warmer! And after a lot of waiting we got in about 4 PM. And then we waited a few hours and then the support bands came. I actually really liked them :D The Hives really rocked the place with their trying-to-speak-finnish-correctly-and-funnily parts! Their songs were real nice.

And Joan Jett and the Black hearts. Well they played really well and I actually knew a couple of songs by them :P It was pretty good! I was just a bit too eager to see GD so I kinda missed some of the songs.... :shifty:

Yeah like I said I was eager to see GD and what happened then - a pink bunny (well a person in a bunny costume) entered the stage and started dancing. YEAAAH that's what I'm thinking. Something what I really wanna see before the actual band - a pink bunny :rotfl:

But holy crap when Green Day came. When the Song of the Century started playing we all I mean WE ALL went crazy. I was screaming so loud that I have kind of a sore throath right now, which is nice cause I'll go to another gig tomorrow. Yay.

I loved all the songs they played and I actually knew them all. Kinda pathetic huh? Being worried if I don't know any songs? I know it is people keep saying about it to me but well that's me. I wanna know the songs 8-)

B2T Green Day was crazyyy! They seemed to be so excited and it really seemed like they were having fun there! I loved all the lyric variants, y'know they like put the word helsinki to almost every song they played. It was seriously amazing to see them a few meters away from me and yelling "HELSINKIIIIIIIIH!!!!!". Such an amazing night.

Oh yeah I forgot to say I was in about 5th row. Quite a good place I think 8-)

They were so nice to the audience too. They took a few people to the stage with them which I think is very rare for bands to do! I was really impressed with that.

And yeah what else. Yeah there were a lot of pyros there! And on top of everything there were FIREWORKS. Unbelivably awesome! We all got a heart attack when they first came. It was so awesooooooooooooomeeee

My message was kinda crappy. I just said what I knew heh. But hey the started playing 8:30 PM and it ended 11:15 PM. A long gig gotta say!

And I gotta say one more thing: one of the best, maybe even the best, gig I've ever been to! (tho my feet still hurts and i have a sore throath haha. well worth the pain!).

Oh and hey here's the setlist:

Song Of The Century

21st Century Breakdown

Know Your Enemy

East Jesus Nowhere

Holiday

The Static Age

Give Me Novacaine

Are We The Waiting

St. Jimmy

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Hitchin' A Ride

Welcome To Paradise

When I Come Around

Brain Stew

Iron Man/Sweet Child of Mine/Highway to Hell

Jaded

Longview

Basket Case

She

King For A Day

Shout (The Isley Brothers cover)

21 Guns

Minority

Encore:

American Idiot

Jesus Of Suburbia

Encore 2:

When It's Time

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

sounds great huh? Oh yeah I didn't take pictures. I'm a liar I took 4 pictures and they all were crappy. I think taking pictures in a gig - so boring it kinda kills it at least for me. But gonna share one of them with you cause I want it to have attention. Heh clickit!

And 4 other pics. Which are luckily not taken by me!

ONE TWO THREE FOUR

And yeah I do like the first one. I was like ":shifty::willy_nilly::rotfl:" when I saw that. So crazyyyy.

So here it is. Green Day @ Kyläsaari, Helsinki 6/8/2010. Me and my essay which no one is gonna read. Haha, here you go folks!

I've been in SUCH a Green Day mood the past few days.

Last night after I seen two old videos of them an interview by Much Music came on TV and after that a couple of their music videos for a half hour. It's on right now again and I can say I'm definately not bored of it. Love these guys.

Really wish I was seeing them this August...

Also, The Tony Awards are on. Whose watching it to see them perform with The American Idiot cast? The musicial is nominted a good amount at the Awards tonight. Fingers crossed they win. I mean, how could it not!?

PLUS JOAN: Your pictures are AMAZING! I love Billie in those red pants, hahaha. He wore the same outfit again at the Tony Awards tonight. Glad you had a great time! Great setlist I must say aswell.

Loved Green Day at the Tony's tonight. They killed it as usual. Glad to see Will Smith bobbing his head along to the music.

It's definitely a Green Day time of year. I'm getting excited for the summer tour, and I've been playing Green Day: Rock Band nonstop. So good!

That's great, Taylor! :] Will you bring me, too? :D

anyways which is the other band are you gonna see too?

Haha of course I'll bring you!

AFI is opening for them. (: I'm so excited!

seeing them on saturday OMG :D :D WOOOO

my friend rang me as they are playing tonight too, they sound amazing

Ahhhhh have fun, James!

seeing them on saturday OMG :D :D WOOOO

my friend rang me as they are playing tonight too, they sound amazing

That's pretty cool, James!

Haha of course I'll bring you!

AFI is opening for them. (: I'm so excited!

Ahhhhh have fun, James!

AFI, that's love. My dream would come true if I could see these 2 fantastic bands (+Paramore of course! ;-) )