Green Day

little_caro

For you, Demi:

Note: Sorry for the shaky camera. I never record unless I can get a good view, and not risk getting my camera knocked out of my hands or anything, but this show had an insane pit and people were constantly pushing, so you'll see the camera going all over, but the audio is fine.

1 more video coming soon. I wish I could record more, but the crowd was too rowdy to risk it.

EDIT: Here's my other video. It's 3 songs in a row.

Whatsername (I flipped out when they started playing this <333)

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Green Day is a band for the ages. They were popular when I was a kid, and now my nephew who's turning 11 this year is a big fan too. I'd like to take him to see them for his first show, but I get the distinct impression that there's an minimum age. I've seen them on TV.

Green Day is a band for the ages. They were popular when I was a kid, and now my nephew who's turning 11 this year is a big fan too. I'd like to take him to see them for his first show, but I get the distinct impression that there's an minimum age. I've seen them on TV.

There are always tons of little kids at Green Day shows. Billie Joe always pulls kids on stage, so a lot of the diehard kid fans who are up front almost always get on stage. Billie Joe just loves giving them a night they will never forget. There is no minimum age, but just remember, the pit is gnarly haha so it's usually pretty hectic. But worth it. The other night I saw kids on stage ranging from around 7-8 to 16-19 or something. It was pretty varied!

I had an awesome time & took way too many pictures.

40417_423045652378_716212378_5101077_5738054_n.jpg

45662_423051462378_716212378_5101301_2183915_n.jpg

44637_423030332378_716212378_5100766_4578882_n.jpg

40362_423031557378_716212378_5100810_6982612_n.jpg

Here are links to the albums on my facebook (I'd upload them to Flickr because the quality is better, but I don't have a pro account so I'd only be able to put up a few :/);

Album 1: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=196635&l=f425cfb101&id=716212378

Album 2: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=197011&l=611294dd41&id=716212378

Album 3: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=197014&l=332fff3395&id=716212378

Hopefully those links work?

I also have a video of Minority I'll post soon.

There are always tons of little kids at Green Day shows. Billie Joe always pulls kids on stage, so a lot of the diehard kid fans who are up front almost always get on stage. Billie Joe just loves giving them a night they will never forget. There is no minimum age, but just remember, the pit is gnarly haha so it's usually pretty hectic. But worth it. The other night I saw kids on stage ranging from around 7-8 to 16-19 or something. It was pretty varied!

that's actually good to know. Thanks for the info. I think my nephew could definitely handle the pit, if he's anything like me when I was younger.

For me, though, getting too old to keep up in a pit.

that's actually good to know. Thanks for the info. I think my nephew could definitely handle the pit, if he's anything like me when I was younger.

For me, though, getting too old to keep up in a pit.

Yeah I even find myself on the borderline of being comfortable in a Green Day pit. It seemed like everyone had the mentality that you don't really stand in the pit, you kinda "move with the flow of the current" of the pit haha. No one is ever standing still, and you have to ignore the people around you, and just push constantly, but they give some wiggle room for the young ones, or the little kids sit on their parents' shoulders...which may hurt after a 30+ song setlist haha. But I definitely understand what you mean about being too old for the pit. Although there were a lot of older people in the pit, a few of the older women got pulled out when they felt sick, and a lot of the men were still in the "I may be 50 but I feel like Im 20 so I'm gonna flail around and act crazy" mentality.

Yeah I even find myself on the borderline of being comfortable in a Green Day pit. It seemed like everyone had the mentality that you don't really stand in the pit, you kinda "move with the flow of the current" of the pit haha. No one is ever standing still, and you have to ignore the people around you, and just push constantly, but they give some wiggle room for the young ones, or the little kids sit on their parents' shoulders...which may hurt after a 30+ song setlist haha. But I definitely understand what you mean about being too old for the pit. Although there were a lot of older people in the pit, a few of the older women got pulled out when they felt sick, and a lot of the men were still in the "I may be 50 but I feel like Im 20 so I'm gonna flail around and act crazy" mentality.

I haven't felt like I was 20 since I was 10. Getting old sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

I totally would have gone to the Shoreline show, but I didn't know about it until it was too late.

Aww. :( Well hopefully they'll be back soon! Luckily, we're from the Bay Area, so hopefully we'll get some more hometown shows.

Taylor, you're so lucky. did you manage to talk to him for a lttle?

It was so hard for me to talk because I was crying so hard.

First, I asked him for a hug, and once I started telling him everything, I just lost it. I told him how much he means to me, how much the music has helped me, and I thanked him for everything. He was very sweet and just kept saying thank you.

I started rambling and before I knew it, he was hugging me again. I didn't even ask for a second hug, he just gave me one. It was nice because he just kinda held me for a little while.

I'm gonna stop now because I sound like such a fangirl, hahaha.

Aww. :( Well hopefully they'll be back soon! Luckily, we're from the Bay Area, so hopefully we'll get some more hometown shows.

It was so hard for me to talk because I was crying so hard.

First, I asked him for a hug, and once I started telling him everything, I just lost it. I told him how much he means to me, how much the music has helped me, and I thanked him for everything. He was very sweet and just kept saying thank you.

I started rambling and before I knew it, he was hugging me again. I didn't even ask for a second hug, he just gave me one. It was nice because he just kinda held me for a little while.

I'm gonna stop now because I sound like such a fangirl, hahaha.

Well there's nothing wrong about it at all. It was kind of him to hold you for a while. Hmmm...I still have no idea what I'd do if I got to meet him or the band. Probably my heart would stop beating or something.

Did you meet him there for the first time?

• 7 months later...

I saw the band on Saturday and was fortunate enough to meet Billie Joe Armstrong afterwards.

That was honestly the best day of my life. Billie is an absolute sweetheart.

......I hate you :o

jk but seriously,you met Billie Joe FREAKING Armstrong?!? I want your life.

• 1 month later...