Green Day

little_caro

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is gonna be rather long.. excuse me!

Green%20Day12.jpg

I've liked Green Day for some time now but have never been a huge fan. I probably wouldn't have gone and seen 'em if it was just them (I went to Rock Werchter yesterday mainly because of Paramore) but BOY was I wrong!

The entire day it had been super hot, 35C everywhere, so imagine 80.000 people being packed close together the entire day, for sure must've been even hotter! Green Day was gonna close the night with a 2 1/2 hour long show and I was excited to see them because people always say that they're amazing live.

SO TRUE.

Right before they started around 10.20 maybe, the infamous Pink Bunny came on stage haha. Totally cracked up and danced along! We picked up some ice cream during that and walked closer to the stage. We were still quite far away but we chose that spot because it wasn't as hot and packed + there were big screens so we could see em great anyways, even though I could see them pretty well when I stood on my toes haha.

ANYWAYS. As soon as we heard music we went wild. They came on stage and fireworks went off! They started with Song of the Century and went right into 21st Century Breakdown. I think it might've been after that song or Know Your Enemy that the ''curtain'' fell and their name showed up on the next one. It kept changing during the rest of the set too, super awesome!

We just kept dancing and singing along throughout the entire gig eventhough my feet hurt so bad (note: don't wear flipflops) Billie Joe sure loved the word ''Belgium'' and kept repeating it the entire time, haha. Right before 2000 Light Years away he told the crowd something along the lines of ''Today, I've been married and having sex for 16 years. We have two kids, and I'm pregnant with our third.'' Something more about fucking and about his wife being there too (they showed us) but I forgot how he phrased it. Anyways.

I forgot during what song it was, but Billie Joe asked the crowd if there was a little young girl or guy in the crowd and that he wanted them to come up. So one boy got on stage and they asked his name and where he lived, but he didn't speak English and said his name twice :rotfl: He kept whispering something into his ears and the boy didn't understand it but then he yelled ONE TWO THREE FOUR and fireworks went off again! They went off after pretty much every song but still, the kid looked so proud!

They played Hitchin' A Ride right after 2000 Light Years Away and since that's my favorite I went crazy!

He sure loves the ''hee hoooo'' too because we had to do that all the time too hahaha.

As you can see in the video they had crazy stuff on stage too. Watershooter things, a toiletpaper shooter, a rubber chicken, and an awesome shirt shooter haha.

You can hear him ask for a doll. It was some weird sex blow up doll and he danced and made out with it hahaha.

There were people on stage super often and he once asked a girl to come sing with him, and as soon as she came out of the crowd he made her go back! He asked her back again later though and gave her a guitar(!) so I guess it was all good! (Not sure if she got to keep it though but still)

I loved this part! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0MmaYV5noU Totally had me cracking up :rotfl:

I'm sorry if this makes no sense, I know I'm forgetting a lot and will report back later when I remember again!

I'm just blown away by the fact that they're THIS awesome live! I'm totally obsessed right now! The fireworks, the stuff they did, the music, everything was so awesome :mrgreen:

One thing is for sure:

I had the time of my life.

I love you, Demi!

but is it true? Adie is pregnant? That's pretty cool. the third Armstrong! :D

Of course you had the time of your life. Everyone should watch GD live first than any other artists. Everybody would be a huge GD-fan I guess!

I'm so happy for ya, Demi, you got to see them. But sorry about your legs. :D Why did you think you needed to wear flip flops? Haha :D

I love you, Demi!

but is it true? Adie is pregnant? That's pretty cool. the third Armstrong! :D

Of course you had the time of your life. Everyone should watch GD live first than any other artists. Everybody would be a huge GD-fan I guess!

I'm so happy for ya, Demi, you got to see them. But sorry about your legs. :D Why did you think you needed to wear flip flops? Haha :D

I love you too haha!

I have no idea if it's true or not. I personally thought he was joking because he said that HE was pregnant you know? It would be awesome if Adie is pregnant though!

Yes I swear I just can't stop listening to them :rotfl: They're pretty much all I listen to at the moment!

I am so happy I got to see them too, would definitely go again in a heartbeat! I so so hope you can see them once yourself, they're the best. :hug:

Well I wore my All Stars the entire day but when the Editors came on I was just chilling in the grass and took off my shoes.. and by the time I realised I had to get up to see GD I wanted to GOOOO haha was already excited then so figured I'd just quickly put my flip flops on.

Ooooh Kevin do you think I can watch that online? I'd love to see it again haha.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any pics of Green Day and Paramore together :(

But I saw on some videos Hayley in the corner, clapping and dancing during Green Day's set!

(by the way this girl who sung was awesome!!)

Betty, I still cross my fingers for you to see them one day :/

Ooooh Kevin do you think I can watch that online? I'd love to see it again haha.

You can see a few short videos on the Canvas site, but only interviews I guess.

But I haven't check YouTube for any videos yet ..

@Demi: Green Day must be the best band out there haha. and I'm so sure! I freaking adore these guys. Of course you cannot stop listening to them. The lyrics, the music have got so much energy in themselves. I'm so glad that you're a GD-addict now ;)

@Olivia: This video is so awesome! That girl...fuck I wanna be her! Though she didn't have much voice, she did a great job! and you can see it by this, BJ really appreciate those fans who at least know the lyrics. It doesn't matter if you can't sing. Sure, I almost started to cry when I saw that Billie gave her his guitar. The girl is pretty lucky! When she was like "hey! hey! and the crowd started shouting along with her. This girl must have had the time of her life too!

And I really hope I can get to see them some time because it's killing me that I haven't seen my fave band yet. And thanks!

Sorry guys, I cannot multiquote. :(

Yesssss me too Betty haha, I love it!

I know what it's like to still haven't seen your favorite band live, it seriously sucks ballssss.

Exactly.

But as soon as I leave high school and get a job, prolly I can afford a gig and a travel to see them live. I have to wait for only a year haha. :P

• 3 weeks later...

So I've got a setlist and pictures of merch from the North American Tour opener tonight! (they're not my pictures & I compiled the list of songs from someone who tweeted each song as they played it so if any are wrong, that's why)

Setlist (small in case anyone doesn't want to see it);

Song of the Century

21st Century Breakdown

Know Your Enemy

East Jesus Nowhere

Holiday

Viva La Gloria (from Act I apparently)

Give Me Novacaine

Are We The Waiting

St. Jimmy

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Nice Guys Finish Last

Burnout

Paper Lanterns

2000 Lightyears Away

Hitchin' a Ride

Welcome to Paradise

When I Come Around

Sweet Child O' Mine

Brain Stew

Jaded

Longview

She

King For a Day

Extraordinary Girl (partial)

21 Guns

Minority

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

When It's Time

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Good Riddance

Merch;

9hj75z.jpg

985202.jpg

adlsok.jpg

August 12th can't come soon enough. That setlist looks awesome. Actually, I've never seen a GD setlist I didn't like. I think their catalog is just so full of so many great songs, that it's hard to screw up, haha.

^truth there. (Y)

Jaded, Nice Guy's Finish, She <3

great setlist. I will never ever get to see this setlist anyways. but great, other ppl get that one so it's okay, haha.

Dustin, have fun at the gig!

Will do!

I'll also try to take lots of videos. Still not sure which songs to record. The setlist is so big. Guess it's a good problem to have. I'll post my videos here for sure.

I just hope security isn't a bitch and let's me use my camera. I hear the Comcast Theatre is really strict about cameras :(