YouMeAtSix

EasyTarget

Really? I dunno, maybe I'm being retarded, but I can't see them high on a mainstage bill :P

Don't think they'll be high mainstage either but I definitely think they're big enough. I mean, KIGH opened it last year, Madina Lake, AOF, NFG all played mainstage and ymas sell more tickets than them.

Not getting the FTSK 'hate'. Such a fun band.

Probably cos a lot of pop rock/power pop/emo stuff sounds VERY samey and FTSK really don't have much of an individual flavor to them.

Can they write some good songs? Sure

Do they really stand out from the pack like Paramore, VersaEmerge, Greenday (as much as I hate that band, I can look past some of my subjectivity and at least see they've forged a unique, identifiable sound) or My Chemical Romance (again, not a band I'm a fan of but it's to make a point they have an undeniably recognizable sound) ?

Not really. They really just sound like a band that seemed to have jumped on the power pop/emo bandwagon because it was the hip thing in the latter parts of the 00s.

It doesn't mean their music is necessarily bad, but in a sea of 1 000 000 other similar bands that also hopped on the bandwagon doing that same/similar style, they really don't sound any different

The genre by nature doesn't really allow for much experimentation before it becomes something different (which is how we get VersaEmerge, for example), so it's a given those bands will sound super samey except for a rare few.

I discovered them yesterday, Hayley is always talking about them si I decided to take a listen and I like them so far, I love Josh's voice and lyrics

" I got one good reason to keep you on your feet

I got another in the back, home in a seat "

No idea what that means but it's stuck in my head ^^

Bigger than Lostprophets? I wouldn't say so.. but then again people around me only listen to like Ke$ha :P

They aren't any smaller than lostprophets now, really. lostprophets are more established but it took them longer to sell out their last tour (if they managed it at all) than it took ymas to sell out theirs and some of the venues were the same, if not somewhat similar in size. And lostprophets had bigger support too.

They aren't any smaller than lostprophets now, really. lostprophets are more established but it took them longer to sell out their last tour (if they managed it at all) than it took ymas to sell out theirs and some of the venues were the same, if not somewhat similar in size. And lostprophets had bigger support too.

but I'd see them roughl the same size, therefore I see them as tent headliners :P