YouMeAtSix

EasyTarget

Probably cos a lot of pop rock/power pop/emo stuff sounds VERY samey and FTSK really don't have much of an individual flavor to them.

Can they write some good songs? Sure

Do they really stand out from the pack like Paramore, VersaEmerge, Greenday (as much as I hate that band, I can look past some of my subjectivity and at least see they've forged a unique, identifiable sound) or My Chemical Romance (again, not a band I'm a fan of but it's to make a point they have an undeniably recognizable sound) ?

Not really. They really just sound like a band that seemed to have jumped on the power pop/emo bandwagon because it was the hip thing in the latter parts of the 00s.

It doesn't mean their music is necessarily bad, but in a sea of 1 000 000 other similar bands that also hopped on the bandwagon doing that same/similar style, they really don't sound any different

The genre by nature doesn't really allow for much experimentation before it becomes something different (which is how we get VersaEmerge, for example), so it's a given those bands will sound super samey except for a rare few.

To be honest, FTSK aren't really (in my eyes) in the same niche as any of those bands you mentioned. And I agree, FTSK sound like a lot of bands and a lot of bands sound like FTSK, which was actually my point. They're getting 'hate' yet they sound not that different from the other two bands on the tour (WTK and YMAS are, arguably, less poppy though I'd still consider them to be similar). My point (which I was too lazy to properly develop previously) was "where's this cut off?". Why the 'hate' for one band which has a sound in the same vein as two bands you just confessed to liking? It would be, almost, like saying you love Take This To Your Grave but don't like Bleed American or Tell All Your Friends, or something else like that.

Bigger than Lostprophets? I wouldn't say so.. but then again people around me only listen to like Ke$ha :P

hm, i dunno. im not an LP fan at all so i couldnt really say. i suppose yma6 are more current/bigger right now/do not think they are bigger than they are (like LP) but then again LP have been around for like ten years.

I don't really understand the hate about them, to me they're a pretty decentt band, sure it's not original but it's pop punk rock and this genre is not renowned for it's originality...

That being said, Josh is a really good vocalist and a great lyricist, I like when lyricists write about all they feel even if it's negative emotions, it's more genuine...

:lol: Yeah, but Reading's a different circle from Download ;-) Oh, and what's your msn cos I lost it :P

Yeah, but Lostprophets aren't the kind of band you'd think could headline download but they did, and did it without a new album last year. Now they have a new album to promote, [guitar] magazine covers, more successful singles, tv interviews that YMAS haven't had, etc.

And my msn is: da_monkee@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

Sun 5th - Edinburgh, Corn Exchange

Mon 6th - Wolverhampton, Civic Hall

Thu 9th - Bournemouth, BIC- Solent Hall

Fri 10th - Doncaster, Dome

Sun 12th - Manchester, Apollo

Thu 16th - London, HMV Hammersmith Apollo

Tue 27th April from 10AM (tomorrow!) - pre-sale tickets on sale *exclusively to members of YMAS: Backstage.

Wed 28th April - pre-sale tickets on sale to other YMAS fans via artistticket.com.

Fri 30th April - Tickets on general sale to all