Anyone know anything about a new CD?

lovepatrick

Heres part of a news story on mtv.com

"[We've been getting inspired by] life, really. It's not one specific instance or record or book or anything. We're constantly taking in new music — that's what we're passionate about — but I think life has given us a lot to say, and I'm really excited," Williams said. "Josh has been writing really cool riffs and really cool music that I can't wait to write over. Lyrically, I think it's going to be a very different record — we've learned a lot about relationships and friendships and life in general, and I'm stoked because I don't really know what I'm going to say about it, but I've got a lot that I want to get out."

heres the link to the article http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1601850/20081224/story.jhtml

Heres part of a news story on mtv.com

"[We've been getting inspired by] life, really. It's not one specific instance or record or book or anything. We're constantly taking in new music — that's what we're passionate about — but I think life has given us a lot to say, and I'm really excited," Williams said. "Josh has been writing really cool riffs and really cool music that I can't wait to write over. Lyrically, I think it's going to be a very different record — we've learned a lot about relationships and friendships and life in general, and I'm stoked because I don't really know what I'm going to say about it, but I've got a lot that I want to get out."

heres the link to the article http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1601850/20081224/story.jhtml

wow. thanks. that's really helpful. it sounds like its gonna be a pretty good CD. i'm excited to hear something different from them.

who gives a shit

While this is certainly not a very polite response (and this really shouldn't have been posted in the Hayley forum to begin with), it's been moved to the right section now, so we can move on with the conversation.

If anybody has some info about the new album, and you feel like sharing with lovepatrick, go ahead. Otherwise, leave it be. It's really not worth starting a fight over.

I read on Spin.com that Hayley want's the new album to have a more poppier feel to it, much to my distaste.

Josh told Rocksound in November that the album will be very different:

"None of the songs are finished, but we do have some ideas here and there. 'We have anywhere from eight to 10 musical ideas. They’re all pretty much just music; I think Hayley’s got some lyrics somewhere and bits of melody that she sings along to whenever we’re sound-checking a song. For the most part, it’s really early on. I think there’s gonna be more of a dynamic on this record than the last one, the last one was pretty straightforward the whole time. We wanna try and expand and try different genres of music in a way that still keeps it Paramore. It’ll be a tricky one, but I think we’ve got some really cool songs, like we’ve got an acoustic song that Taylor and I wrote and it doesn’t sound anything like Paramore, but I think that’s kinda good."

• 1 month later...