Blink 182

EasyTarget

I stll don't get how going on hiatus then coming back makes everything right again. Both blink and No Doubt have came back this year and everyone is acting like it's the second coming forgetting the fact both of their last albums were shit in comparison to everything else they released.

They're like 35 now or whatever. They aren't going to be singing songs about sucking off dogs or any other variant - and if they do, I would be rather disappointed. The reason the S/T "bombed" was cause no one really expected them to mature I guess. But we've had 5 years and now two bands (one playing horrible music, the other playing blink b-sides) to show us they aren't the same guys that wrote Enema of the State. If this album is a faster S/T, then I would be very happy.

i have been completely excited the past few days!

Blink 182 was my favorite since 1998, so about 11 years. that's probably about as old as a lot of you people, haha so maybe that's why you aren't so excited. but anyways, i have looked up to and been inspired and have been obsessed with Blink 182 since i was 11 years old. if it wasn't for them, i probably would have never picked up a guitar, which would have made me a COMPLETELY different person, since creating music is my life now.

Blink 182 getting back together is a HUUUUUGE deal to me, and to so many other people that have been influenced by them.

i have been completely excited the past few days!

Blink 182 was my favorite since 1998, so about 11 years. that's probably about as old as a lot of you people, haha so maybe that's why you aren't so excited. but anyways, i have looked up to and been inspired and have been obsessed with Blink 182 since i was 11 years old. if it wasn't for them, i probably would have never picked up a guitar, which would have made me a COMPLETELY different person, since creating music is my life now.

Blink 182 getting back together is a HUUUUUGE deal to me, and to so many other people that have been influenced by them.

This, except replace 11 with 8 haha.

I understand that aspect, I honestly do... and I have also been a fan since I was probably about 10, so thats 8 years now. Blink is a true influence to basically everyone in the music scene these days.

But I'm a pessimist and I'm just afraid that this might not be what we're expecting.

well, just like everything in the world, it's not going to please EVERYBODY. some people will hate it, some people will like it, some people will love it. that's just how it is.

so i am crossing my fingers that i will be pleased. that's all you can do.

sweet!

but how did you not love their last album, dude? it's my favorite one by them.

I quite liked it in all honesty. Back when it came out all I would listen to was it. But when you're a 13 year old kid who fell in love with the band who had songs just made entirely of swearwords, bringing in Robert Smith from the Cure doesn't hold much appeal. I appreciate it now much, much more but I don't think the world was ready for a mature blink at that point in time.

Ugh. it seriously pisses me off that everyone is so OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG BLINK!!

since when is too much happiness a bad thing? i guess just stay in your room, turn off the tv, turn off your computer, and let yourself calm down. you won't hear anyone being happy about anything if you do that.

It's NOT that big of a deal. has anoybody SEEN the clip? They're so akward together. And they really don't seem to stoked about it. It was just... omg soo akward.

You know what would be a BIG deal? if THE SMITHS got back together ya know? that would be something to OMGOMGOMGOMG over.

why? are you an oldschool fan? haha

idk. I still like Blink and I'm happy they're back together... I just wish everyone would stop making such a HUUGGEE deal out of it.

why?

i'm just sayin...

well, just like everything in the world, it's not going to please EVERYBODY. some people will hate it, some people will like it, some people will love it. that's just how it is.

so i am crossing my fingers that i will be pleased. that's all you can do.

Yeah, I'm honestly hoping it turns out well, but you can never be too sure.

Like..... it would make my life if everything turns out awesome.

I quite liked it in all honesty. Back when it came out all I would listen to was it. But when you're a 13 year old kid who fell in love with the band who had songs just made entirely of swearwords, bringing in Robert Smith from the Cure doesn't hold much appeal. I appreciate it now much, much more but I don't think the world was ready for a mature blink at that point in time.

i can see what you mean. their albums came out at perfect times in my life. they were never too ahead of my time for me to appreciate them fully.

Yeah, I'm honestly hoping it turns out well, but you can never be too sure.

Like..... it would make my life if everything turns out awesome.

i will fully support Blink 182 no matter what. they could put out a country album and i would still buy it and go to their shows. i'm a dedicated Blink fan. always have and always will be.

i will fully support Blink 182 no matter what. they could put out a country album and i would still buy it and go to their shows. i'm a dedicated Blink fan. always have and always will be.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm that way about certain bands as well.

Like I said before, I'm very excited for this. I hope its not completely different though, I'm pretty sure I'll like it no matter what just as long as it has that classic Blink 182 feel. It's not going to be exactly like old Blink because they've grown up soooo much. I mean, they've got families and stuff now.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm that way about certain bands as well.

Like I said before, I'm very excited for this. I hope its not completely different though, I'm pretty sure I'll like it no matter what just as long as it has that classic Blink 182 feel. It's not going to be exactly like old Blink because they've grown up soooo much. I mean, they've got families and stuff now.

yeah, i'm not expecting them to have songs about having sex with their moms.

i'm expecting it to sound similar to the last album, but with bigger

I can't be bothered to read through all the posts above me.

Basically, I sat through the grammies waiting for it; they came out and I screamed hahahaha, I got SO hyped up!

But then I was just thinking "SAY SOMETHING TOM!" He looked SO awkward, but then he said something and I was happy. By the time they went offstage I found I was crying haha.

I can't help it, I love this band and I've loved them for years WITHOUT them being around, so, you know, if this doesn't work, I'll understand. They're no longer kids, they (namely Tom) have changed, Travis has been through an ordeal and y'know, the fangirls are pissing me off...

But if it does work? Fantastic.

Mark looked very sexy, also.

I can't be bothered to read through all the posts above me.

Basically, I sat through the grammies waiting for it; they came out and I screamed hahahaha, I got SO hyped up!

But then I was just thinking "SAY SOMETHING TOM!" He looked SO awkward, but then he said something and I was happy.

they are less awkward in this video

They sure are; I especially hate those who didn't give a shit about Blink last week suddenly adoring them.

I'm not saying everyone should listen to Blink 24/7 to be counted as a true fan, but when out of nowhere people are saying Blink is their favourite band, when they weren't a couple days ago is annoying.