The Infamous Spam Thread - Part 15

thebrowncoat

Alesis, lucky fucker. I'm stuck with these shit house Behringer Truth B2030As, argh but to be fair I got them for free, so I'm grateful , even if they are fairly bog standard.

I'm hoping to upgrade them later this year/sometime next year, not sure to what they.

The (relatively) new KRK VXT series look tempting though.

Haha, you don't know what I went through to get the money for them, so yeah. Lucky fucker 8-) I'll probably stick with these for a few years.

Monitors are a relatively cheap way to get a really high-fidelity sound, and I love how they don't smoothen the sound one bit so drums can sound really br00tal sometimes. :)

I do want to know actually, spill the beans.

I dislike my monitors because they don't have a 8.75 inch driver, meaning they lack bass response, so all my mixes end up muddy because I end up putting too much bass into it, and plus they lack the kinda upper mid/high end response I want.

Bitch.

I like listening on my monitors, far better than my shitty computer speakers and we don't own any high end, nor even upper mid listening system at home, so it's the best I've got to listen through, but even so I don't like the nature of monitors, how they are so transparent, it's get fatiguing on the ears, and they are meant for mixing/mastering anyway, no for general listening, which is why even most audio engineers have a separate system for listening and studio monitors purely for their work.

Headphones are a no no for monitoring for me. For cross referencing to see how well your mixes translate, cool, for monitoring, not so cool IMHO.

Well to be fair the fatiguing effect only happens after hours of listening at moderately high (speaking) volumes, not at low volumes, but it's still preferable to listen to a dedicated audio system me thinks.

I haven't properly gotten into Audio Engineering yet, but that might change if I get more gear and money and start micing up real amps instead of just using my POD. I'd just love to produce a band and think "Fuck yeah, half the reason it sounds good is cos I was involved".

Just wonderin', how'd you get to your age and still have a crappy amp? No offense meant by that, but I just tend to imagine by the time you're 20, you usually have something a bit better than that.

I know what you mean. I think it's because I've never been interested in gear-related things, I still have the same amp and guitar that I got when I was 16. I've been able to play just fine with what I have so I haven't felt the urge to get anything better, not to mention the fact that my money goes into a thousand other things besides electric guitar, so I can't always be on the cutting edge.

I don't really have much more money costing interests anymore besides guitar, since I quit skateboarding (regularly) which proved to be too expensive for someone who had to regularly buy guitar strings too. I like going for push bike rides, went today, but it costs me nothing, so that's all good .

For my 21st bday, I'm most likely getting a new axe. I'm not interested in game consoles or that kinda stuff, so I figure why not you know?