The Infamous Spam Thread - Part 15

thebrowncoat

Fuck, I am behind the times. I haven't been paying much attention to anything Devy. lately though to be fair, been months since I've even heard any Heavy Devy. Must rectify that situation.

And now you make my post look confused.

Have you even heard Ki yet? I don't know if you're aware of it, but Devin took a long break (about a year) and wrote four albums that are going to be released relatively back to back. Ki was released somewhere during the summer, Addicted is coming next, and then there's Deconstruction and one last, currently untitled, album. He was going to release them all this year but something came up.

I know of Ki, I'm not THAT far behind the times, sheesh.

And that's weird, how the fuck have I heard of Deconstruction and not Addicted? lol

And why the hell would go on here and not msn? It seems weird that you do that.

Eh fair enough. I'm half playing guitar as it is. I'm having one of those playing days where you just nail everything.

I then got bored and started wanking all over Paramore songs with sweep picking and legato runs. Good fun, if nothing you'd want to hear in a live setting unless you enjoy the sound of a man substituting his right hand and KY jelly for a guitar.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to listen to the intro of Ignorance again, because there seems to be a big disagreement over what the actual chords are. I can see some wild theories on Youtube, but the two most plausible choices are Bm, D, Bm, D, Em, D, Em, D and Bm, D, Bm, D, G, D, G, D. I ended up with the latter when I transcibed it, because I can hear Jeremy playing a G, but the chord COULD be the first inversion of Em...I think I'll listen to the acoustic version now.

Internet theories are full of shit. Sometimes anyway.

I haven't even bothered getting into the new songs, I mean in terms of bothering to learn them despite having heard the new album at least 20 times already.

What I did like about the bonus DVD is the vocal track removed from Careful during the credits thing, makes it easier to hear all the guitar parts lol. I might learn it I guess, something to do.

Okay, now I hear what's going on in the intro. The first time around, it's with the G, but when the second guitar part kicks in, it plays an E minor over that G. No wonder the intro is such a mindfuck :willy_nilly: Looks like no one has gotten it right, at least of the videos I've seen on Youtube so far.

I've figured out Ignorance, BBBB, The Only Exception, All I Wanted and am currently learning Misguided Ghosts. The new album is a lot of fun to figure out on your own, try it!

Well, I don't see why I wouldn't figure it out on my own, I highly doubt Josh Farro is gonna come to my house and show me how to play it and you know my policy on using tabs, only as a last resort when I can't figure shit out by ear and I've never needed tabs for Paramore at all for the 7 or 8 or so songs I've learnt by them.

Youtube videos are always shit, I see all sorts of videos of idiots playing in the wrong tuning, using a 6 string guitar where a 7 string is needed etc.

The worst is seeing Fences covers and people don't realize you need to be in drop D to hit that low D5 power chord. It's pretty clear from the studio recording it's lower than the D5 located at the 5th position of the A string, but people must be deaf or something.