Your best/worst albums of 2008

hayleh

Best:

The Glass Passenger - Jack's Mannequin

Narrow Stairs - Death Cab For Cutie

When the World Comes Down - All American Rejects

Chasing a Runaway Sky - The Vow

Pretty. Odd. - Panic at the Disco (Yes, I love this album, I dont care what criticism I get for this)

Worst:

Rotation - Cute Is What We Aim For

(it was good, but its nothing compared to Blood Rush)

what were your favorite and most disappointing albums of the year?

my favorites are probably now now every children, the maine, death cab and lydia. oh.. how could i forget MILEY as well ;-)

edit - how the hell could i forget britney? seriously.

the one that disappointed me the most (i think) was jack's mannequin - the glass passenger.

lol i thought you left out britney...shame on you! lol

Yay! I'm not the only one that love Pretty. Odd!

I have Pretty Odd, but haven't given it a proper full listening to from start-to-finish-in-one-go. But from the songs I have heard, and from other people, it's a good album. I don't know why so many people dislike it really. Well I do, but you know what I mean... hopefully... lol

I have Pretty Odd, but haven't given it a proper full listening to from start-to-finish-in-one-go. But from the songs I have heard, and from other people, it's a good album. I don't know why so many people dislike it really. Well I do, but you know what I mean... hopefully... lol

It's not that people hate it, well, I don't, I was just a little sad at how much they'd changed.

I expect no band to say the same forever, it'd be boring, but Panic just dived into a genre I don't give a damn about.

haha i know what you mean

people didn't like it cause it was a huge jump, and i agree that they moved too fast, its like two different bands lol. but i liked it :D

idk if these are the worst, but they were def. a let down:

- jacks mannequin "the glass passangers" (however i think it will grow on me)

- the academy is... "fast times at barrington high" (love the title, but there are only a few songs that really stand out to me. the rest all sound the same imo :/)

- cute is what we aim for "rotation" (same reson as above, not much stood out)

- the all american rejects "when the world comes down" (i think the more i listen to it, the more i will end up liking it)

best:

- forever the sickest kids "underdog alma mater"

- the cab "whisper war"

- the maine "cant stop wont stop"

- fall out boy "folie a duex" (i wasn't feeling this cd at all when they posted the whole album on their myspace, but i kept hearing from everyone was that this was their best album. even people that didnt like their other stuff we're digging this cd, so i was like alright i'll give it another shot. i bought the cd and it's just so incredible. it's my second favorite album they've ever made)