The Official Post Your Gear Thread

The Drummer

Guitars:

Taylor 314-CE Acoustc

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black/Gold Hardware)

PRS Single Cut Tremolo (Sunburst)

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender Stratocaster Ultra

Amps/Cab

Orange Rockerverb 50

Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII

Orange 4x12 Cabinet : Dual Celestion 30's Vintage

Misc:

Sennheiser EW172G2 Wireless Instrument

More pedals than I can count :)

might take pictures and post :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guitars:

Taylor 314-CE Acoustc

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black/Gold Hardware)

PRS Single Cut Tremolo (Sunburst)

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender Stratocaster Ultra

Amps/Cab

Orange Rockerverb 50

Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKII

Orange 4x12 Cabinet : Dual Celestion 30's Vintage

Misc:

Sennheiser EW172G2 Wireless Instrument

More pedals than I can count :)

might take pictures and post :P

wanna share some of that? :D

• 1 month later...

What's a better way of celebrating the Christmas that came early this year than shoving your screen full of my studio madness?

My electric guitar (Ibanez SA series) and my ancient amplifier

My Spanish classical guitar from Almansa

My keyboard (Kurzweil PC1X)

My new microphone <3

The beast that puts all the magic together

The room is a big chaos right now, since I figured "I'll clean it up tomorrow".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay bitches!!

My modest set up:

Amp: Vox AD30VT (Going to upgrade to the VT series when I can afford to- I need a louder amp for gigs and I need more channels)

2h8a9au.jpg

Pedals: Boss DS 2 (Signal boost- helps compression as well as tightening up palm mutes)

2woekaw.jpg

Dunlop Modded GCB-95 Wah (True Bypass, extended range, but I rarely use it lol)

29maidw.jpg

Guitars:

Aria Pro II Knight Warrior (Japan. Handmade Swineshead Warthog in bridge. Beaten to fuck but sounds and plays amazingly!!)

zyiwd0.jpg

Ibanez ART 300 (Upgraded the pickups to Irongear. Risky but luckily they sound amazing! This guitar is incerdible for the price. Construction is spot on)

34yzq4w.jpg

Gibson '72 SG (Needs new bridge saddles, and I'm gonna replace the bridge pickup with something more high output)

vem652.jpg

Squier Showmaster Jason Ellis (Aquired for free. Will sell. Not bad though)

mbswv5.jpg

And that's my gear!! No where near what I need to get if the band takes off. But for a bedroom guitarist it's near perfect!

^Ah, I remember the Jason Ellis Showmasters. The Showmaster series were the coolest guitars Squier, it sucks they discontinued the whole Showmaster range.

Never heard of Iron Gear pickups until literally just now reading your post, but heh, I ain't British either. You British guys are lucky, what with having all these awesome pickup companies, like Bare Knucke Pickups etc.

Very cool wah pedal. My first wah pedal was a Behringer Hellbabe, lmao, not much sweep range. Sold it off in the end, but it lasted me ages. Had beer spill all over it, dropped it on concrete before by accident and what not and it still worked perfect after all that.

My suggestion, pedal wise, well OD pedal wise, ditch the Boss DS-2 on ebay/a guitar forum or whatever, and get either a SD-1 or an Ibanez TS-7. Both are fairly cheap too.

Those 2 pedals are significantly better as boost pedals. They'll add compression, tighten the bass and add a nice healthy mid range kick.

You will see all sorts of hype about the TS-808, but do not be fooled, it has virtually the same circuit as the TS-7 (the differences are so minimal it doesn't matter), but it costs way more because it's "vintage reissue" gear. Screw the re issue crap, and get the TS-7.

The DS-1 and DS-2 can add compression, but don't really tighten things up nearly as well as the aforementioned pedals, and neither add that awesome mid range boost that helps solos come to life more.

Oh and don't use the "hot" mode on the TS-7, it basically defeats the purpose of buying it by killing the mid range boost and making the low end tightening effect less pronounced.

Well, I guess I shall post my gear up probably tomorrow too.

Fender SJ64s.

blehk.jpg

Music Man Stingray5 made in 1989 (It's older than me).

When I got it (two days ago) It was "furry." Apparently the previous owner re-finished it and did a shit job, and put it in a case before it dried fully. The lining of the case stuck to it and the whole guitar was "sticky."

This is what it looks like when I got it:

dscf0914f.jpg

This is a crappy picture, but this is what it looks like right now:

mleh.jpg

This morning I stripped the finish from it. I'm either going to finish myself, or get it finished somewhere professionally.

I also have a Squire P bass that I pulled the frets off of, an Epiphone Junior (lol shitty guitar; my brother gave it too me) that I put Gibson SG pickups that I got off ebay for $10, and an Ibanez PF512 (12 string acoustic).

Also, inbefore "cleanyourroom"

Lol, It's not the prettiest stripping. It probably wasn't the smartest way to go about, but since I didn't have much sandpaper, and I don't have a heat-gun and my I couldn't find my hairdryer, AND I didn't want to gum up what sandpaper I had because the finish was borderline goo, I used a razor to scrape off the finish. I nicked the wood a few times, but I sanded out the nicks and will sand it down more when I have the time. If anything, it will look like I have a reliced bass (lol).

Should I make a thread to log my progress?

Okay, so here is some of my gear.

My camera is not working at the moment, no batteries, so no chance to get it all in a family shot, so just individual pics.

Here is my Brian Moore Guitars I12000 Series. THE best Korean made guitar I've ever played and the playability is quite seriously up there with American made Jackson Soloists for playability, which speaks volumes because American made Jackson Soloists are amazing guitars. The neck is super fast and anyone that plays metal would enjoy playing this guitar.

Seymour Duncans give it amazing tone, as does the Mahogany body.

My crappy photography does not do this guitar justice as to how beautiful it is.

IMG_1610-1.jpg

And a shot of the headstock, which is sexy because the finish matches the body.

IMG_1620.jpg

Lastly, a picture of the neck through design, makes it's so comfy to play.

IMG_1665-1.jpg

I'm probably selling it though, because it doesn't get enough use to justify owning it. I'm a player, not a collector, so even if I regret selling it, I have to if I don't play it enough.

Here's my 7 string, the guitar I play most.

The pictures are of garbage quality because I took them late at night and didn't bother setting up the camera better.

IMG_1970.jpg

A pic of the bolt on design, known as All Access Neck Joint (AANJ) in Ibanez terms. Much easier to play in the higher registers than a clunky, chunky Fender bolt on design.

IMG_1965.jpg

I didn't bother posting a pic of the headstock because you can just google "Ibanez RG 7321" and my guitar has that exact same headstock basically.

Some info: It's a 1999 model, Japanese made Ibanez RG 7421 in Cherry Fudge finish. The pickups are still stock, but they sound reasonable for what they are, and I disconnected the tone pot to increase the clarity of the sound and I don't use the tone pot anyway, I always left it on full.

They are discontinued unfortunately, which is a shame because the playability is amazing and the neck is incredibly comfy.

It was replaced by a piece of crap RG 7321, made in Indonesia, which are garbage compared to the RG 7421 quality, construction and playability wise.

The finish is not exactly stunning, but I bought it because it's a good, reliable work horse guitar.

I'll post up the bass guitar later when I get pics, and also the drum kit later too.

Woops, forgot this, but this is my Line 6 POD X3 Live.

This pic was taken the day Australia Post courier brought it to my house, before I even plugged it in and set it up, hence why the power cord was still coiled up.

It's not a very good pic, you may as well go to their website to see a much clearer pic.

IMG_2029-1.jpg

It serves as my preamp, my recording interface and also 50 per cent of the time my computer sound card (since recording interfaces can be used as sound cards).

I also have it plugged into 2x Behringer B2030A active studio monitors for my sound, which I might post later, but honestly they are nothing special looking, but they get the job done and sound fairly good for budget monitors.

• 3 weeks later...
^Ah, I remember the Jason Ellis Showmasters. The Showmaster series were the coolest guitars Squier, it sucks they discontinued the whole Showmaster range.

Never heard of Iron Gear pickups until literally just now reading your post, but heh, I ain't British either. You British guys are lucky, what with having all these awesome pickup companies, like Bare Knucke Pickups etc.

Very cool wah pedal. My first wah pedal was a Behringer Hellbabe, lmao, not much sweep range. Sold it off in the end, but it lasted me ages. Had beer spill all over it, dropped it on concrete before by accident and what not and it still worked perfect after all that.

My suggestion, pedal wise, well OD pedal wise, ditch the Boss DS-2 on ebay/a guitar forum or whatever, and get either a SD-1 or an Ibanez TS-7. Both are fairly cheap too.

Those 2 pedals are significantly better as boost pedals. They'll add compression, tighten the bass and add a nice healthy mid range kick.

You will see all sorts of hype about the TS-808, but do not be fooled, it has virtually the same circuit as the TS-7 (the differences are so minimal it doesn't matter), but it costs way more because it's "vintage reissue" gear. Screw the re issue crap, and get the TS-7.

The DS-1 and DS-2 can add compression, but don't really tighten things up nearly as well as the aforementioned pedals, and neither add that awesome mid range boost that helps solos come to life more.

Oh and don't use the "hot" mode on the TS-7, it basically defeats the purpose of buying it by killing the mid range boost and making the low end tightening effect less pronounced.

Well, I guess I shall post my gear up probably tomorrow too.

Im actually looking to sell the Showmaster. It's cool, but not for me.

My Swineshead pickup is still superior, but for £60 a pickup it better be! Irongear are great on a budget though.

Yeah, I got it because I went through a huge Nirvana stage about 4 years ago. I will probably overhaul my rig soon with a tubescreamer and a decent delay and new amp, but I need the cash!!

Oh, I also did a no load tone pot mod with a scalpel, but it didn't make a noticable difference lol

^Yeah, I've pretty much only heard good things about Swineshead.

I like the Seymour Duncans in my 6 stringer I posted above, but the stock pickups in the 7 string really don't do it for me. They are not terrible by any means, but Ibanez being the gheyness they are, they put pickups that are suited to mahogany into a basswood bodied guitar, so it just doesn't sound right and lacks clarity and good frequency response.

I'll ditch them in favor of some Seymour Duncan 7 string Blackouts. I was never a 7 string active pickup fan until hearing these, they completely kill the EMG 707 pickups in every way. Once I get those puppies installed in my Ibanez(later this month hopefully, if my mum is gonna let me use her credit card again even though I owe her 140 bucks lol) I'll post some pics.

• 3 weeks later...

The ibanez electric is a piece of shit. The amp has served me well, but i need a new one, i change between the pedals i have depending on the situation, although ive now got a blackstar ht dual distortion pedal, which is the best sounding piece of kit i have ever heard. The fender ive customised with an orignal floyd rose and two seymour duncan hot rail pickups, its fucking sweet!

40566153a11285742061l.jpg

The ibanez electric is a piece of shit. The amp has served me well, but i need a new one, i change between the pedals i have depending on the situation, although ive now got a blackstar ht dual distortion pedal, which is the best sounding piece of kit i have ever heard. The fender ive customised with an orignal floyd rose and two seymour duncan hot rail pickups, its fucking sweet!

40566153a11285742061l.jpg

Marshall MG series? If it is, I hate them amps lol.

The S series, which exact model is it? I'm guessing S670, but possibly S470, but I can't be sure. Indonesian or Koean? Man, you need one of the older S series guitars, back when they had Wizard I necks and were made in Japan, the Jap made Wizard I neck S series guitars were amazing.

Fucking cool Fender btw. Stock middle pickup? Love the Hotrails, Seymour Duncan make cool stuff.

Tell me about the little pedal board too.

I can see a Boss ME-50, some wah that I don't know what it is, what looks to be a Boss DS-1 (I've got one as well, lent it to a bass player for some reason though and don't need it since I got my POD X3 Live), possibly a Compressor/Sustainer, Octave pedal maybe? and Digital Delay, yeah?

Correct me where I might have been wrong.

At first I thought you had two fans, but then I looked closer and realized it was a mirror, LOL.