Crowdrise

Guro

Crowdrise is a fairly new(made in May by Edward Norton, Shauna Robertson and Robert and Jeffrey Wolfe) website. It's a site where you can donate money to all sorts of charities. A good way to describe it would be kind of like Facebook meats charity. It's a great site for finding charities and fundraisers! And it's a social site as well.

Several celebrities have started using it as well(some of them being Kristen Bell, Seth Rogen, Will Ferrell and Sophia Bush).

Even if you can't donate money, you earn points, and that way you can win money for a charity you support! There are also a lot of contest going on at different times, where you can e.g win a Mac, iPad, clothes and different stuff.

crowdrise..png

Please check it out guys, it's a great site for great causes! :)

I'll just leave you with the link to the site, my profile and the fundraising I just started for the WSPA(that's World Society for the Protection of Animals in case you don't know).

Crowdrise.com

My fundraiser for WSPA

My profile

Meh, I've never trusted such things.

Behind every website like this one, there is someone making money.

You don't know how much of your money really goes to the cause you support.

Who knows ? Maybe a part of your money first goes to the website administrators, then another part of your money, the charity keeps it to make a profit, and only what's left of it is used to help the cause you spent money on.

I'll never give money to any charity, or other websites, humans are just too perverted when it comes to money.

Yeah, someone is making money - the charities. I think this is way more safe than giving to those who come and ring your doorbell, or stand out in the street. Besides, several of the charities have confirmed that they do get most of the money. Yes, most of it.

Crowdrise is designed to help Volunteers and Fundraisers answer the call to service, raise money for Charity, and have the most fun in the world while doing it. To make sure we don't go out of business trying to help everyone raise lots of money for Charity, Crowdrise deducts 5% on donations made through our site and a $1 transaction fee for donations under $25 or a $2.50 transaction fee for donations $25 and over.

For example, with a $100 donation:

$100 Donation

-$5.00 (5%) Crowdrise's not wanting to go out of business fee

-$2.50 Transaction Fee

$92.50 goes to Charity

And I am aware that there are several organisations that take a lot of the money people raise, and do not give them to those who need it. But this site is a site to actually help with making fundraising easy, safe and fun.

If you don't want to give money to charity, that's you choice. But there are a lot of people/animals that live in absolutely horrific conditions, and we actually have the chance to help them. So that's what I'll do because I know how extremely lucky I am to have everything I need and more. I am not trying to get you to donate, btw. I'm posting this because someone here might actually be interested in it :)