Marmaduke Duke

kwik-silva

09127_171259_marmadukeKWL270109.jpg

So, I thought it was about time to start a thread on the awesome Marmaduke Duke. Made up of Simon Neil (Biffy Clyro) + JP Reid (Sucioperro) 'Marmaduke Duke' is a trilogy of albums about a slightly messed up Duke :P (Don't know the exact details).

The first album - The Magnificent Duke - was similar in style to their own band's styles but the new album, called Duke Pandemonium, is out on Monday (11th May) is alot more upbeat, almost dance/electronica stuff. Its awesome stuff. There's also been 2 singles from the new album already, "Kid Gloves" and "Rubber Lover" which seems to be on the radio all day!

The album recieved 4 stars in Q magazine, a 7 in NME and (i think) the same mark in Kerrang! I really recommend the new single if you want to start having a listen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8ascp99iis

I have a feeling they're already looking at starting their next, and final, album as 'the duke' named "the death of the duke". So you need to check them out before they're not around anymore!

You really should check them out, and if you don't like the new stuff, check out album number 1 because they're completely different in styles :)