Review by a norwegian tv-program

Guro

Just saw this on one of norways biggest tv-channels website. They have a program called "Waschera"(it's really bad, haha). Anyways, they have apparantly reviewed BNE. Here's the article:

"Siden albumet «Riot» kom i 2007, har dette bandet blitt mer og mer populært. De fikk også fronte storfilmen «Twilight» med låta «Decode».

Paramore serverer kommersiell velprodusert emo pop-punk og byr på 12 spor som garantert vil gi næring til frustrerte tenåringsfølelser. Bandet har fått med seg superprodusent og Grammy-vinner Rob Cavallo, som tidligere produsert alt i fra Green Day til My Chemical Romance. Det musikalske slektskapet til sistnevnte band er for øvrig tydelig hva lydbildet angår på førstesingelen «Brand New Eyes». Paramore fremstår dog som et noe mer modent band enn før.

Ellers er det nærliggende å sammenlikne Paramore med Fall Out Boy og Avril Lavigne. Men her har Hayley Williams, den lille damen med det flammende røde håret og den store vokalen, mye mer å by på enn sin medsøster Lavigne. Hayleys sterke vokal og musikalske tilstedeværelse gjør nok mang en emo-søster grønn av sjalusi.

Låta «Ignorance» er et av platas beste spor. En fengende emorocker med et refreng som kjapt sitter klistret til hjernebarken. Låta «Misguided Ghost» er også verdt et par gjennomlyttinger.

De leverer enkel emo-pop med mye intensitet, trøkk, og gode tekster som garantert vil treffe mange tenåringer på sitt tredje album. Men produksjonen kan fremstå noe polert, bandet kunne med fordel ha gjort en litt mer skitten utgave av sitt nye verk. Men som Hayley synger på et tidspunkt, «we’ve only just started».

Terningkast 4" Link: http://www.biip.no/waschera/2940998

Since there's only me(and a few others who's barely on here that speak norwegian, I'll translate it for you.

"Since the album "Riot!" came out in 2007, this band has become more an more popular. They also got promote the feature film "Twilight" with their track "Decode".

Paramore serves a commercial well produced emo pop-punk and offers 12 tracks that are guaranteed to feed your frustrated teenage emotions. The band has been joined by super-producer and Grammy-winner Rob Cavallo, who previously produced everything from Green Day to My Chemical Romance. The musical kinship to the latter band is also clearly in the sound of the first single "Brand New Eyes". Paramore stands out, however, that a somewhat more mature band than before.

(they messed up there, think they ment "Ignorance", if I'm not reading it all wrong)

Otherwise, it is tempting to compare Paramore with Fall Out Boy and Avril Lavigne. But here is Hayley Williams, the little lady with the flaming red hair and the great vocals, a lot more to offer than her fellow vocalist(i changed this a little, it makes more sense like this) Lavigne. Hayleys strong vocals and musical presence probably makes lots of emo-sisters green of jealousy.

The song "Ignorance" is one of albums best tracks. A catchy emorocker with a chorus that instantly sat glued to the cerebral cortex. The song "misguided Ghost" is also worth a couple of listens.

They provide simple emo-pop with a lot of intensity, impact, and good lyrics that are guaranteed to meet many teenagers on their third album. But production may appear somewhat polished, the band could with advantage have done a little more dirty version of their new work. But like Hayley sings at one point, "we've only just started."

Dice: 4"