The worst concert you've ever attended?

Kaden

I don't have a "worst concert attended" cause I wouldn't go to something that I know I wouldn't enjoy but I've got plenty of band sets I can moan about. :D

Metro Station (13th March '08, 24th Jan '09) - Totally devoid of any form of talent in a 'genre' that is lacking any real standout band. It would be better if they were good at what they do but they don't even do that well. Too much 'showboating' from a man so far up his own arse he can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Distinct lack of any real music either, all but convinced it could be a backing track both times.

The Jonas Brothers (26th May '08 ) - See above. Minus the bit about not being good at what they do. At least these guys can say they're good at what they do despite being boring live.

Taking Back Sunday (18th April '07) - One of my favourite band ever and they stunk. They were god, fucking, awful. You could tell they didn't really want to be there and just meandered through the set rather disappointingly. Thankfully they redeemed their selves this year. Three times.

Red Hot Chili Peppers (25th August '07) - See above. I don't care who you are, a fifteen minute jazz instrumental is NOT an appropriate way to end a set unless you're an instrumental jazz band. You have like a billion albums, you didn't even play Under the Bridge! Fuck off and die.

You Me at Six (3rd November '08, 9th March '09) - Carbon copy of each other. Same boring set with like two differences max. Been playing the same, old, shit, songs for far too long and these two gigs were the epitome of their staleness. Even the songs played before their set over the PA were the same! And this stretches back to at least June '08 at Tuts when the same songs were, again, played by the band and by the PA but at least then their set was interesting and not as predictable.

Nine Inch Nails (23rd August '07) - Booooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Manchester Orchestra (10th Feb '08, 16th July '09, 18th July '09) - See TBS. One of my favourite bands on record but live, they have done nothing but bore me senseless. They were bored of the old songs, that much was clear, either avoiding them totally or rushing through them carelessly. The new songs were good but by ruining The Only One, it sealed their fate as one of the most disappointing headline acts I've seen.

Anti-Flag (10th May '08, 16th October '09) - Snooooooooooore. At points I was like "this is okay" then they either started to cover the Clash or preach to me. Now I like that Clash and dislike world poverty as much as the next guy, but if I wanted to hear the Clash I'd put on Combat Rock. Similarly, if I wanted to be preached to I'd shove on highlights of that cunt Geldof at Live 8.

• Like 1