Repeat Offender

XParamoreFanX

• 2 weeks later...

I went to their concert last night and it was effing amazing! I'm just gonna copy and paste my blog I did on my MSN space onto here (BEWARE: May be too long for some viewers and it is in point form because I got too lazy to write full sentences):

Sunday:

- Woke up at 8am

- Had a shower and got dressed

- Left Travelodge

- Ate brekkie at McDonald's

- Checked The Cambridge Hotel to see if it was open but it was closed

- Went to The Rock Shop and bought an Underoath shirt. Maggie got this Emily the Strange dress/shirt and black, white, red polkadot Vans. Mum got red Vans

- Drove around Newcastle and the surrounding areas to pass some time

- Arrived at this bay and ate lunch. Had Subway and Dippin' Dots! Sooo yummy but so bloody expensive. By then it was already 12:30pm so we had to go back to Newcastle to line up for the concert

- Arrived at The Cambridge Hotel at 1pm and waited in line. We were 2nd in line

- Doors opened a little bit past 2pm and Maggie and I got front row middle mosh pit

- First band performed. They were pretty good. They were kinda screamo/rock/cultural (in one song they had a didgeridoo and bongos!). Mag had the hots for the singer and we saw him topless. LMFAO. The band name was called Jinn and you can check them out at http://www.myspace.com/jinnau

- During one of Jinn's songs, the mosh got kinda crazy and had one of those mosh battle things. So funny

- The second band came and it was ... REPEAT OFFENDER! Mag and I took photos of them while they were setting up their equipment. It was kinda quiet when they were setting up, so I screamed out 'wooo!' and Steve laughed at me. LOL

- The first song they played was 'To A Modern Love' and it was awesome

- When they were saying thanks to Newcastle Matt goes, 'especially to our 2 friends for Sydney' and points to us. 'They drove all the way from Sydney for us. Thanks guys!'

- When Ryan was talking about their myspace (http://www.myspace.com/repeatoffendermusic) they go, 'you guys would know that!) to Mag and I. HAHA. Myspace addicts >_<

- We were GIVEN the drummers spare drumstick (got it on video ;])

- Matt came down from the stage and hi5'd Mag and I. Gotta love all that attention from them! LOL! (got that on video too ;])

- After 'Red 4 U', Ryan told the crowd to go crazy, and everyone did! WAS SO FUCKING AWESOME! Everyone started moshing hardcore and everyone was getting thrashed around. I hurt my ribs a bit on the metal barrier but was fine 2 seconds later

- They finished so Mag and I went to the merch booth and bought the Repeat Offender special pack which included a hoodie, their new EP, their old cd, 2 stickers, a badge a poster. Also bought Chantelle's shirt

- Watched The Butterfly Effect perform 3 songs until we saw Ryan, Matt and Dane at the merch booth. We met and hugged and took photos, then walked outside

- Chatted with them for like 30mins until our rents came and picked us up. We talked about how awesome they played lived, how dead the audience was (pfft), talked about MySpace and how it's so cool meeting people from their and how you know everyone through myspace, Ryan worried about is in the mosh (LOL! Aww), Canada exchange, Family Guy and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and how Dane doesn't like Buffy, Dane's blood on the drumstick they gave us, how Newcastle was a hole and they find it such a depressing place, they were complaing how they got shit motels (formula 1 hotels to be exact) and Mag was telling them how excited I was about seeing them, talking about Chantelle and how she wanted to come but her parents were strict, Ryan liking Maggie's badge, I telling Ryan I liked his crucifix and he only uses it for fashion, Mag showing off her crucifix bling, getting a video message for Chantelle and Dane saying 'Hi, I'm Jeff from The Wiggles' (LMAO), Ryan waving at my mum when she came and more but I can't remember anymore! Haha

- During the chat Matt goes to Maggie, 'want a sweatband?' and Mag goes 'do I have to pay for it?' LMFAO! Yes, we do sound like the biggest cheap arses hahaha. Instead he goes inside and comes back with all this free merch! We got 2 sweatbands, 2 cds and a bajillion stickers for free! Thanks Matt!

- After that we just drove back to Sydney and ate a kebab for dinner.

THE END.

EDIT: I'll add the photos soon

Yeah it was. Too bad I had to go to school next day. >_<

I'll upload more pics and videos soon. There's one video with me and RO giving a video message to Chantelle and I seem really rude 'cause I'm just openly eating gum HAHA

Note to self: When you're talking to someone, TAKE YOUR GUM OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!

Thanks Alyssa :D We (well mainly me lol) like to think we are. It's funny too that we don't even have pro cameras or have taken any lessons. And most of our photos are taken when we're about to jump and down in the mosh pit! LOL

Hopefully I'll be able to take more good photos at The AAR, Hellogoodbye and Avalon Drive concert and The Veronicas, Avalon Drive and Jay Buchanan concert ;)