THE ATARIS turns goth?

thorned_lilac_182

first of all, learn what Goth music sounds like before you say a band is Goth.

second, The Ataris are nothing like they used to be. the punk rock band that wrote songs about girls is gone. Kris Roe has gotten really into the Indie music scene, listening to a lot of Tom Waits, Elliott Smith, etc.

i hate the way Kris uses his voice on this album, BUT putting all of my opinions about The Ataris that i was IN LOVE with back in the day aside, i gave this album a chance....for what it is, its good. if you are into that type of singer-songwriter kind of music.

third, you bought this album? that's weird since its not out yet... just leaked on the internet.

fourth, Kris Roe said that there was some tension and drug usage by some of the original members. thats why they're not in the band anymore.

and finally, recently there has been a rumor going around that they might be changing the band name (i hope this is true)

first of all, learn what Goth music sounds like before you say a band is Goth.

second, The Ataris are nothing like they used to be. the punk rock band that wrote songs about girls is gone. Kris Roe has gotten really into the Indie music scene, listening to a lot of Tom Waits, Elliott Smith, etc.

i hate the way Kris uses his voice on this album, BUT putting all of my opinions about The Ataris that i was IN LOVE with back in the day aside, i gave this album a chance....for what it is, its good. if you are into that type of singer-songwriter kind of music.

third, you bought this album? that's weird since its not out yet... just leaked on the internet.

fourth, Kris Roe said that there was some tension and drug usage by some of the original members. thats why they're not in the band anymore.

and finally, recently there has been a rumor going around that they might be changing the band name (i hope this is true)

oh wow that scared me for a second. i really like the ataris. i think it would be real different if they did have a gothic kind of sound.

• 3 months later...