The Photography Thread

goodnote

i added you :D i need to upgrade to pro one of these days. it always slips my mind but i have 188 pictures and once i hit 200 i guess it only shows the most recent ones. no bueno.

Yeah, I've been wanting a pro account forever so my portfolio looks legit when I go to college. I want to be able to book gigs and stuff and hopefully with a good flickr site I can.

:uhh: They're amazing :uhh:

Awww, thanks Matt.

Yeah, I've been wanting a pro account forever so my portfolio looks legit when I go to college. I want to be able to book gigs and stuff and hopefully with a good flickr site I can.

Awww, thanks Matt.

You get a free pro account if you're a btinternet e-mail.. so my pro account cost me nothing.Faith how do you take them though? :P I love the Jacks Mannequin ones :P

You get a free pro account if you're a btinternet e-mail.. so my pro account cost me nothing.Faith how do you take them though? :P I love the Jacks Mannequin ones :P

Well thats cool! I took them using my Canon Rebel XTi usually with my 75-300mm lens. I try not to use flash to get the essence of the show's lighting and whatnot, but at some shows I end up having to use flash because the lighting sucks. haha. I shoot from the crowd typically, never had a photo pass in my life. I just try and get to a place in the crowd where I can see the subject without too much interference. Hopefully I'll be able to get more photo passes soon though.

Faith, your JM ones is amazing!=D

Thanks Guro... I'm glad you like them!

Well thats cool! I took them using my Canon Rebel XTi usually with my 75-300mm lens. I try not to use flash to get the essence of the show's lighting and whatnot, but at some shows I end up having to use flash because the lighting sucks. haha. I shoot from the crowd typically, never had a photo pass in my life. I just try and get to a place in the crowd where I can see the subject without too much interference. Hopefully I'll be able to get more photo passes soon though.

Thats cool, yeah, flash sucks at gigs...

Thats a seriously cool camera as well.. you're allowed to take that in?? They'd get really annoyed at UK shows if we took an SLR in...

Thanks Guro... I'm glad you like them!

Do you have any idea if Sigma lens' is okey? I wanna buy a new lens for my camera(Canon 450D), and Sigma lens' is the cheapes one i can get. Seeing as I don't have a job, i need one that's not too expensive.

Faith, wow, they're awesome!

the versaemerge pics were the best haha.

the others too :D

Thank you!

Thats cool, yeah, flash sucks at gigs...

Thats a seriously cool camera as well.. you're allowed to take that in?? They'd get really annoyed at UK shows if we took an SLR in...

Most of the venues here don't care really. At bigger amphitheaters they're not too keen on any cameras at all, but most of the venues I go to are small clubs that dont even check bags when you go in so I can get it in there. If I talk to bands afterwards they're always like... "DANG! That is a legit camera! You must be serious about it."

Do you have any idea if Sigma lens' is okey? I wanna buy a new lens for my camera(Canon 450D), and Sigma lens' is the cheapes one i can get. Seeing as I don't have a job, i need one that's not too expensive.

I'm pretty sure Sigma is good. I'm pretty avid about staying with just Canon stuff because it works the best with a Canon camera, but I have a few friends that use Sigma and they say it works perfectly fine.

I don't understand why you'd have different lenses :shifty::P I know, I'm photography illiterate even though I kinda like doing it :lol:

I use different lenses for different things. I use my 75-300mm lens at shows because it has a good zoom and I can get what look to be really up close pictures from up to 10 rows back. I use my 18-55mm for portraits and whatnot because I dont need to have that great of a zoom. Most Lenses are used because of focus lengths or the type of photo you're trying to take. Like, a Fisheye lens will give the photo a completely different look than a normal straight lens. Also, a wide-angle lens has a larger field of image so you can take a wider picture.

Most of the venues here don't care really. At bigger amphitheaters they're not too keen on any cameras at all, but most of the venues I go to are small clubs that dont even check bags when you go in so I can get it in there. If I talk to bands afterwards they're always like... "DANG! That is a legit camera! You must be serious about it."

I'm pretty sure Sigma is good. I'm pretty avid about staying with just Canon stuff because it works the best with a Canon camera, but I have a few friends that use Sigma and they say it works perfectly fine.

I use different lenses for different things. I use my 75-300mm lens at shows because it has a good zoom and I can get what look to be really up close pictures from up to 10 rows back. I use my 18-55mm for portraits and whatnot because I dont need to have that great of a zoom. Most Lenses are used because of focus lengths or the type of photo you're trying to take. Like, a Fisheye lens will give the photo a completely different look than a normal straight lens. Also, a wide-angle lens has a larger field of image so you can take a wider picture.

Thats cool :D I want to get an SLR but I also want a new guitar, so it'll probably have to wait :P

so the 70-300 lens would give you more zoom?

Damn, I need to use the manual mode more :P [unrelated points :P]

Indeed. :]

Okey :] Thanks.

I have to save a bit, and then order one online ;D

Awesome :D Now to just learn everything about manually taking pictures... (I rely far too much on the automatic modes :lol:)

Haha, trust me, it's alot to learn. I got my SLR a year ago. I have soo much more to learn. But it's fun to try out new stuff tho :D

What are you interested in getting?

I'm thinking of a 70-300mm. (:

Haha, trust me, it's alot to learn. I got my SLR a year ago. I have soo much more to learn. But it's fun to try out new stuff tho :D

Yeah, I know, but just the basics for now would be alright :rotfl:

I use my camera on automatic all the time.

It comes in handy at shows and whatnot because the musicians move so much.

The automatic mode isn't great on the camera I have now though :lol: So knowing a bit about manual might help :)

I'm thinking of a 70-300mm. (:

Oh cool! I have a lens like that and its a great lens.

Yeah, I know, but just the basics for now would be alright :rotfl:

The automatic mode isn't great on the camera I have now though :lol: So knowing a bit about manual might help :)

Yeah, I understand. And I agree with Guro, I've had my SLR for about 2 years now and I'm still learning how to use it. I think this summer I might actually try and read through my manual and whatnot so I understand it better. hahaha

Oh cool! I have a lens like that and its a great lens.

Yeah, I understand. And I agree with Guro, I've had my SLR for about 2 years now and I'm still learning how to use it. I think this summer I might actually try and read through my manual and whatnot so I understand it better. hahaha

Awesome (:

And I'm gonna do that this summer as well. I got a really good photobook for my conformation, but i haven't read too much it yet, haha.