Sick Puppies

cowbell

These guys are pretty much one of my favorite bands. I just saw them open for Flyleaf and Kill Hannah the past two nights, and these guys are just going to blow up sooo huge. For anyone who's seen/heard of the Free Hugs video on youtube, these guys are the ones who put it together and their song "All the Same is what's playing during it. They just put out a debut album, Dressed Up As Life, and I TOTALLY recommend that you go buy it. Shimon (vocals, guitar) and Emma (bassist) came over here from Sydney, Australia and hooked up with drummer Mark (from Los Angeles) and poof, here they are.

Check them out, you won't regret it.

http://www.myspace.com/sickpuppies

http://www.sickpuppies.net

I searched and didn't find a thread for this, if I missed it feel free to slap me with a n00b stick and lock it :P

i've never heard Fly.

Unfortunatly I haven't been able to get ahold of their old stuff yet, I only have what's on the new cd. :(

I don't think I have a favorite song...I relaly love them all.

I'm seeing them again in two weeks on the 29th when they open for Breaking Benjamin, which is another one of my fav bands. I was so stoked when I found out they would play together.

the sick puppies are awesome! I was so jealous of people seeing them and flying at the same show.

since most of the band are aussie, they're kinda well known over here, esp. with the 'all the same (free hugs)' song. I met the free hugs guy - juan mann! :D got to hug him hehe

anyhoo my fave song is 'my world'. you gotta listen to it! it's awesome

haha ok, you're sarcastic like me, than. if this were a board that I posted more at, I would have made a witty comment...only if I did that hear, it would have been takin as being bitchy, so I held back.

That's cool if you aren't in to them. To me they are a breath of fresh air. Maybe if you see them live, you might have a change of heart :P

haha ok, you're sarcastic like me, than. if this were a board that I posted more at, I would have made a witty comment...only if I did that hear, it would have been takin as being bitchy, so I held back.

That's cool if you aren't in to them. To me they are a breath of fresh air. Maybe if you see them live, you might have a change of heart :P

i can probably promise you that i would never pay to see them or anyone who is touring with them. i am sure his voice and the overall style of the music won't be much different live, it'd probably only be worse. so yeah.. no thanks. sorry. haha

but i like some music that i am sure most people would hate. like i said before, "to each his own"

• 1 year later...

Whoo! First post here! Im huge Sick Puppies fan and just wanted to let you guys know about 2 huge projects going on in the Sick Puppies world.

The pups have a fun and easy contest for everyone to take part in and score a place on theirr Top 40 Friends on MySpace. All you have to do is use this pic(http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/drummerfan/SickPs_TourBNR110x80.jpg) as your default profile photo and comment them.

The photo needs to stay as your default for a minimum of 2 weeks. At the end of that time, they'll choose 40 TOP FRIENDS to feature on their page for a minimum of 1 week. (Just as long as you keep the photo up!) As an additional THANK YOU for the support, they'll be giving 10 lucky winners a copy of their first single "You're Going Down" off their new album, Tri-Polar(due out July 14 btw).

Help us tell the world You're Going Down is out now and Tri-Polar is coming soon - and get a little recognition of your own on our MySpace page. (And possibly even a sweet cd single!)

They also have an awesome presale going on where you can preorder Tripolar and get a sticker and a signed lithograph! Check it out here: http://sickpuppiesmerch.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=54&osCsid=7b6866f5f4ea18f0b8a5ebba9c0505c6

• 1 month later...

Well this thread definantly needed a bump!

Sick Puppies released their new album Tripolar last tuesday and it is amazing! Much harder than their last cd, Dressed Up As Life. Anyone bought it yet?

As always catch up with everything sick puppies by signing up for the world crew at sickpuppiesworldcrew.net!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...