Less Than Jake

marcometer

Ok so there's gotta be at least someone on this board other than myself that likes them! They were the very first ska-punk band I listened to and pretty much are the reason why I got into ska and punk music. The first concert I went to was back in 1996 when ska was all the rage and I skanked for the first time ever I was 12 at the time. They pretty much changed my life!!!

All though Im not too happy with their last album. I didn't like the fact that the horns were hardly on the album and it was mostly a pop-punk album. But after a while I understood why they did it. They wanted to show that they weren't one-sided and could play well in other genre's besides ska-punk. But Im going to see them with Reel Big Fish in one week, IM SO EXCITED. This is going to be the show to end all shows!

My favorite song would have to be:

How's My Driving Doug Hastings

Johnny Quest Think's We're Sellouts

The Science of Selling Yourself Short

Liquor Store

Look What I Happened

All My Best Friends Are Metalheads

I'm with you dude! I love Less Than Jake! I love their songs, Rest of My Life, All My Bestfriends Are Metalheads, Look What Happened, and probably Superman. They're also the first Ska band i've really ever listened to, they're badass to the max!

I just saw Less Than Jake & Reel Big Fish the other night. I would have to say Reel Big Fish totally owned that show. Less Than Jake was okay, but I didn't like the fact that they played song from In With The Out Crowd, which was their worst album.....EVER! Allthough they made up for it at the end of their set when they played some songs off Borders & Boundries.

The other thing is that, there were too many meatheads at the show was well. Especially during RBF's set, YOU DON'T MOSH FOR REEL BIG FISH!!!! You dance and skank to the beat. I mean most of Less Than Jake's songs are skankable too, I could understand a little bit of moshing, but it was clearly a ska show with Streetlight Manifesto & Against All Authority. I miss the late 90's and the circle skank pits.