IMPORTANT! London 6th September... Tube strike.

Wish_On_A_Star

Ok well I cant seem to find a thread on the Thurday 6th September London show but this is important for anyone going there by tube. There is a tube strike affecting all lines run by Metronet, that means that only the Piccadilly, Jubilee and Northen lines are running, however they will be extremely busy.

The nearest station to Astoria is Tottenham Court Road and the Northen line runs through that so you need to get onto that line unless you dont mind walking, using the overground or getting a bus. Go to http://www.tfl.gov.uk and use the journey planner to check your routes.

This really sucks cause its just gonna make it difficult for people to get there. There are also details of the strike on the site too on the home page.

Friday's show shouldnt be affected though, it says normal tube services should go back to normal on Friday morning.

Sorry if its already been meantioned but some people may have missed it and I have too many unread posts to read cause Ive been on holiday and Im lazy haha.

I hope this doesnt screw peoples journeys up too much :(

• Like 3

It's really good of you to post that man I think that deserves some rep points because some people would be pretty screwed if you hadn't informed us, I for one wouldn't know. :) Thanks.

I'm gonna be staying at my sisters the night before in London and she lives in Camden, so I guess I could just get a bus but it'll be packed. Northern Line is always buggered anyway, I'm used to it haha.

Looks like I will be walking into work this week. The Astoria isn't too bad as it's walking distance from a few of the main line stations (Victoria and Charing Cross). Still a bitch when it comes to the evening time and getting home. I think we may be ok though as the strike started today at 6 is planned for 72 hours max so we could just miss it.

^ Yeah busses in Central London confuse me cause I dont know where to get them from and where exactly they stop, but in my area theyre ok.

Also on Transport for London's website it says something about the bus route number 1 having delays or detours cause of lane closures around Tottenham Court Road but I cant remember exactly what it said. Its gonna be such a bum though for everyone.

Ken Livingstone (Mayor of London in case you didnt know) said on London 6 O'clock news yesterday that he has been asking for the strike to be abandoned but the organisers are not happy still. Its all to do with Metronet being changed to new owners and the workers are worried that they will recieve pay cuts... so they are striking for 3 days. So lame. The mayor promised that their pay would stay the same but then he doesnt run Metronet so its not up to him apparently... GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hope it ends before the show.

Thanks for the rep you guys :)

seriously i hope the strike ends b4 the show.

im so confussed what im gonna do.i have 2 go 2 school that day.so ill finish @ 3.05, hopefully be in reading by 3.30 & be in london by 4ishhhh.and apparently the first band is on @ 6 or is it doors @ 6?!ahh im so confussed.

i hope i make it in time :neutral: maybe going 2 nights in a row with school wasnt such a good idea....

The strike has now been cancelled!!!!! wooooh haha thats good. As it stands at the moment, this is what it says on TFL's website: "The RMT has suspended its strike action at Metronet. Disruption is expected to continue this afternoon as it will take some time to restore services. Check live travel news for the latest information"

So far, the Bakerloo, Jubilee, Northen, Picadilly, Victoria and Waterloo & City lines are running with a good service.

Central line has minor delays. District is part suspended between Richmond/Wimbledon/Ealing Broadway/Edgware Road and Earls Court and between Mansion House and Upminster.

Metropolitan line is part suspended between Moor Park and Amersham/Chesham between Uxbridge and Harrow-On-the-Hill and between Baker Street and Aldgate with minor delays on the rest of the line.

The Circle, East London and Hammersmith & City lines are still suspended.

Hopefully, services will be back to normal by tomorrow morning but it is best to check the website before anyone leaves, they dont want to risk getting stuck somewhere. http://www.tfl.gov.uk