Kevin Devine

GibbyPhills

^ You should check out Manchester Orchestra's podcasts on youTube and find the ones from that tour. They are so funny. Jesse and Kev join MO in their little van for a massive drive between two cities on the tour. What they get up to is amazing.

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Kev. I was with Andy from MO last month and begging him to come over on a solo tour and he showed me a chat convo between him and Kev on his iPhone arranging a UK tour. I could of made love to him right there.

• 10 months later...
Holy fuckityfuckfuck, one of the most random bumps in history.

At least he is doing this forum the decency of searching for previous topics instead of making new ones, just to be referred back to here.

Never actually heard anything by him so what does he sound like and what should I get from iTunes?

Solo acoustic performer, not too dissimilar from the likes of Jesse Lacey/Andy Hull. Elliot Smith is a big influence of his and sometimes shines through.

Tracks to check out:

Brooklyn Boy

Ballgame

Just Stay

No Time Flat

Cotton Crush (feat. Jesse Lacey)

Solo acoustic performer, not too dissimilar from the likes of Jesse Lacey/Andy Hull. Elliot Smith is a big influence of his and sometimes shines through.

Tracks to check out:

Brooklyn Boy

Ballgame

Just Stay

No Time Flat

Cotton Crush (feat. Jesse Lacey)

Hmm i'll get some stuff and probably start off with the one with Jesse to break myself into it....thanks Ross.

Hmm i'll get some stuff and probably start off with the one with Jesse to break myself into it....thanks Ross.

I was a little hesitant to reccommend it, becuase people then just listen to that song 'because jesse's in it' and only like tht one and not give the rest a chance. But, it is a very good song if I'm honest.

I was a little hesitant to reccommend it, becuase people then just listen to that song 'because jesse's in it' and only like tht one and not give the rest a chance. But, it is a very good song if I'm honest.

I think it's a good way for myself to find out about him and sort of eases me into it if you know what I mean.

I'll have to wait though as iTunes wont let me make a new account.

I think it's a good way for myself to find out about him and sort of eases me into it if you know what I mean.

I'll have to wait though as iTunes wont let me make a new account.

Yeah totally, I knew what you meant. It is a very good, easily accessible song.

I would up it for you, but I'm doing the patd stuff at the moment.

Yeah totally, I knew what you meant. It is a very good, easily accessible song.

I would up it for you, but I'm doing the patd stuff at the moment.

I used my girlfriends account and credit card :rotfl:

Is the cotton crush one from "Split the Country, Split the Street"?

And thanks for the patd....sharebee working ok now?

I used my girlfriends account and credit card :rotfl:

Is the cotton crush one from "Split the Country, Split the Street"?

And thanks for the patd....sharebee working ok now?

That it is, Jesse is also guest vox on two other songs but Cotton Crush is probably better than the other two.

Sharebee's working fine now. I'm still less than happy at zshare blocking UK IP's, they were my favourite sharebee mirror haha

He has a good voice, yet to see him live though. Last time he played Glasgow was during Give It A Name so I missed him. And before that, I went to see the Wombats instead haha. I WILL see him with Andy Hull when they tour here as planned.

Sharebee works just like normal for me, I'll need to check zshare.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Nov 30th – Deaf Institute, Manchester

Dec 1st – Academy 2, Oxford

2nd – Clwb Ifor Bach Cardiff

3rd – Hamptons, Southampton

4th – Academy 3, Birmingham

6th – The Borderline, London

7th – The Cockpit, Leeds

8th – Captain’s Rest, Glasgow

9th – Arts Centre, Norwich

Headline dates. Most likely solo, or with Mike. Part of the BSM showcase so support acts pretty much a cert to come from their roster.