Bamboozle UK

megazord

I think this news topped the Paramore/NFG tour news for me but looking at it I can't see it being as good as we think. Boozle is know for hosting all the amazing up and coming bands from the US all in one place like most the bands your guys have listed but in reality these bands can no way afford to come over to the UK for a set up like this. For example This Prov had to get Red Bull to pay for half of their trip over here when they supported Paramore. I can see this pissing all over GIAN but not comparing to the US version. Still going to be anamazing even though.

Oh and I've been speaking to Danny who runs the US boozle street team and I think we have worked out the two cities for this.

Edit:

edit: oh apparently it is next october in london and manchester on the 18th and 19th

And so has Sophie :)

Yeah pretty much. I don't think it's going to be on the same scale as the NJ Bamboozle but i guess it's a start. Hopefully it will differ from GIAN and TOC and not sign up bands that tour the UK like every other month. Max Cruise always books an amazing line up for the US one so hopefully we will get a similar one. Still going over to NJ for Boozle next year but it will be nice to actually have a well organised one over here.

Um weekend tickets for past years were $80 which at the mo that's £40. Flights to Newark at the moment are around £200 return but apprantly my mother said she could finder cheaper (she thinks she knows everything) then just accommodation and maybe have a rent a car. Actually yeah it will cost a bit but hey I'm young and you only live once lol. Been looking at doing it the last couple of years but next year is a cert. We will never get a line up as strong as Bamboozle over here.

^ Yeah the lineup for the past three boozles have been so amazing that I just cant miss out anymore. Plus the three of us who are going will be over 21 by May so that will make things more enjoyable ;-). It will also be interesting to go to a music festival over there to see how they do things.

ahaha ;-) yeah i always thought that'd be the only thing that would sorta suck about going over there at this age.. no drinking. god, talk about alky :lol:

anyway, yeah. i'd love to see how different the crowds are and stuff like that.

what bands would you like to see on this uk one?

Dude the list is endless. Anything like the last 3 years in the states and I will be happy. Obviously band that haven't or rarely make it over here like Cartel, Spill Canvas, This Prov, Hush Sound, Kevin Devine, Eisley etc etc. A special appearance from a side project band that dont really tour like The Sound of Animals Fighting or Neon Blonde would be nice. Glassjaw!!!!

Hopefully get to see a good range of bands now it's happening here as well.

I may have to go to one of the Plain White T's just to see Cartel. Still got my fingers crossed for a headline show but it looks unlikely. I can't see Eisley coming over here for a while because at the Fly show in August they said it's too expensive for them to tour the UK and the label wouldn't pay because they dont expect the album to do well enough over here.

Why cant I find a full list of the previous boozle line ups anywhere?

I don't think there's any point getting too excited over this, whenever the UK tries to do something that started in America it's usually crap haha!

But if they get some good bands, and do it at a decent venue then I'm sure it'll be a success. Hammersmith would be cool I think.

Dooooooode it's all the same people that do the US one sorting it out. I know what you mean but that's the only reason why I am a bit excited about this because it's being run by people who actually know how to put on a good festival. :hyper: