Dallas, TX - 11.17.07

SomeGuy1707

One of the best live shows in my history of going to shows... Sure I've only been show-going for two years, but I've wracked up quite a copious amount of 'em. And this show... slayed me so hard! I was so inhibited-- I was going nuts! Head-banging, dancing, and singing the entire time. Not so much as the suave indie kid I thought I was. Lol.

:D

And I think it's freaking awesome that they shared their biggest show in the history of their own shows with us Dallasians/Texans. That's really cool. XD

Same as the other shows.

DUUUUDE!!!!!!!!! Amazing show!!!

So much energy from both the stage and crowd!

"This is our biggest show on this tour ever!"

It was awesome.

I hung out with them after the show.

My sister and Josh:

l_76273e5394b69c56928b50195464d17c.jpg

l_35f564afe5fb323e7524b5b96d81295b.jpg

Josh and the sexypants.

l_a5df66e7f4bcb1b299636ef377944073.jpg

I'm in the stripes. I rarely EVER look this awful... Lol.

l_02023deae65a188dcf0d9562ee45bbbd.jpg

My friend Darah. She gave Hayley her phone number. Lol.

l_a29b672f22ae358dd95eec8a1392513e.jpg

AMAZING night.

Check my MySpace if you want to see more pics from the show.

It's not private.

You'll see the Paramore folder.

=]

Review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By MIKE DANIEL / The Dallas Morning News

mdaniel@dallasnews.com

Emo doesn't know it yet, but it now has access to a diva.

Hayley Williams of Paramore is a presence that can captivate millions in her own if she chooses. She has a voice that can fell a small patch of forest, and it stays on key and on high as she pogos, sprints and headbangs.

Ms. Williams has the larger-than-her-stature poise and charisma of Joan Jett, the easygoing Southern charm of Dolly Parton, the principled mystique of Debbie Gibson and the giddy approachability of Cyndi Lauper.

The 18-year-old even has a gimmick: She colors her hair to match her clothes; for this show, it was a deep red.

She's not reluctant to lead, as she demonstrated during her band's sold-out concert at the Palladium Ballroom on Saturday. But her values and her youth keep her from taking a lead. In emo-dom and for now, that's OK.

Paramore's arguably the fastest-rising band in modern rock. The steady-building success of its sophomore CD, Riot, as well as the disc's lead single, "Misery Business," has the band at a crest that shouldn't fall for the next several months. Even big-market radio, which is typically reluctant to latch onto anything emo or punk – much less both – is convinced; Paramore was added Saturday to "The Edge" KDGE-FM (102.1)'s gigantic "How the Edge Stole Christmas" concert on Dec. 15.

Judging from the extremely vocal and pubescent 3,300 that saw Paramore perform at the Palladium, the band is filling the pop-rock gap between Miley Cyrus and My Chemical Romance on multiple fronts. To its credit, Paramore isn't all about the singing comet that is Hayley. The other band members are more than competent musicians. And twin brothers Zac and Josh Farro supply a fair enough share of boyish hunkiness to offset Ms. Williams' sprightly alterna-cheerleader energy.

But from the opening bars of "For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic" to the not-half-bad cover of Sunny Day Real Estate's "Faces in Disguise," Paramore performed as four pros instead of a token frontwoman backed by essentially hired hands. In that sense as well as others, Paramore is the anti-Evanescence. Both bands play music about jealousy, love, loss and confusion. But while Amy Lee's charge is dark and underhanded, Paramore's positively empowering and righteous.

A fantastically arranged set only suffered one hiccup: Ms. Williams closed the pre-encore session by performing the two-year-old ballad "My Heart," a bad choice because of its languidness and age. Yes, she lost her breath during the bridge of "That's What You Get;" and still looks uncomfortable in front of a keyboard; yes, Josh Farro missed a couple of stomp-box cues and mailed in the solo on "Fences;" yes, Zac Farro rushed his bass-drum hits at times.

Yes, Paramore is a band that's maturing, but Ms. Williams is ahead of her pack. She may be in it for her bandmates' sakes now, but they might never catch her or match her. Then what?