The Devil Wears Prada

metalparafan

^ Yeah, With Roots is my definite fave from them so far, the album just gives you that feel like you know there's a greater power for you. This is James' definite breakthrough in this album for sure.

-edit-

I found the video for Danger: Wildman, if you haven't seen it.

Also, is it just me, or is Mike's tooth missing?

^ Yeah, With Roots is my definite fave from them so far, the album just gives you that feel like you know there's a greater power for you. This is James' definite breakthrough in this album for sure.

-edit-

I found the video for Danger: Wildman, if you haven't seen it.

Also, is it just me, or is Mike's tooth missing?

yuuup. were you talking to me bout the video??? lol if so yes i have seen it. and it does look like Mike has a tooth missing lol either that or they just have black crap on it so it looks like he doesn't have one there hahahaha i noticed that too. kinda suprising :P

^ I was talking to everyone in general, but that's all gravy. I was also thinking that maybe they put something on it. Maybe it was for the bones or something when the old dude was reviving the woman. Just a guess.

Everybody is telling me to listen to them.

The only heavy bands i like are Underoath and A Day To Remember.

Would I like TDWP? And where should I start?

their a lot like Underoath. Maybe a little less clean vocals than Underoath (at times) but a pretty good mix altogether still (their older stuff had less melodic singing i think). I would compare them to Underoath the most probably. Spencer (newer stuff) and Mike's screams are fairly close in style most of the time.

In my opinion if you start with their newest cd "With Roots And Branches Below" and then listen to their older stuff it'll prob ruin their first two records for you. Their older stuff didn't have the verse chorus bridge structure very much. their newer stuff does though. I didn't like them very much at first but they've grown on me a lot. I never thought i would like Devil lol Mainly "With Roots" (HTML Rulez d00d & Hey John, What's Your Name Again? are great songs from Plagues though). My suggestion is start with their new record but that's just me. I think it's their best work yet. I can barely stand their first cd (Dear Love A Beautiful Discord) lol i've just never gotten very far into it. I would compare their new record more to Underoath and A Day To Remember than their older ones

their a lot like Underoath. Maybe a little less clean vocals than Underoath (at times) but a pretty good mix altogether still (their older stuff had less melodic singing i think). I would compare them to Underoath the most probably. Spencer (newer stuff) and Mike's screams are fairly close in style most of the time.

In my opinion if you start with their newest cd "With Roots And Branches Below" and then listen to their older stuff it'll prob ruin their first two records for you. Their older stuff didn't have the verse chorus bridge structure very much. their newer stuff does though. I didn't like them very much at first but they've grown on me a lot. I never thought i would like Devil lol Mainly "With Roots" (HTML Rulez d00d & Hey John, What's Your Name Again? are great songs from Plagues though). My suggestion is start with their new record but that's just me. I think it's their best work yet. I can barely stand their first cd (Dear Love A Beautiful Discord) lol i've just never gotten very far into it. I would compare their new record more to Underoath and A Day To Remember than their older ones

I actually think that UnderOATH is a horrible example, they're music is absolutely nothing like TDWP, the only comparison possible is that they're christian. If you want a good example, try Suicide Silence (even though they're not christian metalcore) or Norma Jean. And I do agree that if you listen to With Roots it will ruin their previous stuff. Some better songs than the single would have to be: Texas Is South (Dear love), Swords, Dragons and Diet Coke (Dear love), The Scorpion Deathlock (Plagues), and they're best song, Number Three Never Forget (Plagues). They're new album, every song is just about as amazing as the next, so there are no favorites.

older emarosa before they went to shit was a good example. other than that, nobody really sounds like them. i have posted my favorites by them though. i would probably start with dogs can grow beards all over, texas is south...and then move on to like reptar, king of the ozone. and then this soung is called and html rules dood...then go on to the next record. but if you hate the old stuff, dont stop there...cuz it does get much cleaner and better in my opinion...but i still love it all lol