can ya'll do me a favor?

TNDrummer01

Ok, I know all of you guys are music people and can tell good music when they hear it so....

I manage a band and I want you guys to give me your complete honest opinion about them. I understand that they might not be your style of music but, I want to know what ya'll think they could work on. the drums? singing? whatever you think could improve. (They are still rough, but what small band isn't. and some of the recordings are rough as well). They have videos on there page too. so if you want to watch those and tell me what they need to work on stage presence-wise that would be awesome too!

here's there myspace:

Saving Silence

http://www.myspace.com/savingofsilence

oh and thanks! and major props to those of you who actually do this for me..

Ok, I listened to them. I liked them pretty well for the first time hearing them. I liked Take Me Away, and Hesitating. First I thought of was kinda make the guitar stand out more, maybe. I liked it but you couldn't really heard it too well. Oh and the singer guy, there seem something off about him, don't get me wrong I liked him for the most part, it might be that he is trying to hit the high notes or something, and sounds screechy. That might the quality though. Hope that helped. Is there anywhere I download them?

there isn't anywhere to download there songs at the moment...but they are working on an EP that will be out soon..so you can keep checking back on the myspace for that

or if you really want i could send you one of there CD that i am going to have to put in there press kits when i get them..

but yeah Josh, that does help and I get what you are say. thanks!

Before i start talking, i'm going to say i'm going to give an honest opinion here, sorry if it offends- it might not, i haven't started yet ! :D

Okay.

First things first.

Vocals. The vocals do not suite the music- i'm currently listening to "Drift", i'm assuming it's one of the newer ones due to the play count of it. The verse/intro is very atmospheric, works well (the drums will need mastering eventually, by the way, but that's not a big thing :D) but then he starts singing. It's too quick, too harsh for what the instruments are playing.

I'm actually going to change this to only apply to the first verse, actually (sorry, i change my mind alot) the chorus and the second verse work very well doing this, the first verse needs calming down a bit vocally.

Take Me Away is a good song, no complaints minus a few sketchy guitar harmonies :D s'all good !

...Myspace has chosen this moment to be retarded and not let me play tracks, so i'll get back to you on the others.

But in general, i think it's a good start :D I'm not going to pretend to be all-knowing, because really i don't know what i'm talking about, but what you've got there is very workable. Got a good sound, clean up the recordings a bit (i know they've just started and it's hard, but it makes a big difference on first impressions when viewing myspace pages) and it's good to go. Perhaps try a bit more variety on your songs, they're not exactly same-y but are leaning that way.

I'm choosing this point to shut up, i ramble far too much and will probably never stop otherwise SO,

Nice one :D