Project questionnaire

Titch

Hi my names Ayesha baisicly im a student photographer and i have been doing a project on "The Astoria" Gig venue in london thats being demolished. Paramore played there i whent to that gig and i was wondering all the people that have go to gigs and have gone to them could you please fill in a questionnaire for me, its a away to help me get across fans love for music and bands. Here we go!

questionnaire.

What dose music mean to you?

(why do you listen to music, what dose it do for you?)

Why are Gig's so important to the fans?

Why do you get to the venue so erly and que?

What do you feel when your in the building at the gig waiting for the bands to preform?

In a way the fans that go to sevral gig's you could call it your "Obsession"

can you describe why you go to so many, can you describe your "Obsession"?

PLEASE take the time to do this it would be very much apricated!

What dose music mean to you?

(why do you listen to music, what dose it do for you?)

Music is a way to find something to relate too. I went through a really hard time of my live on february 5 (if youre in pfc, you know what im talking about) and music was the ONLY thing that was able to tell me life is okay.

It is important so the fans can connect to the bands. Nothing is better in life then hearing a song that changed your life or got you through something, live.

Why do you get to the venue so erly and que? I often find it easier to talk to bands before the show, so i go early. and so i can get up front since im very short.

What do you feel when your in the building at the gig waiting for the bands to preform? Opening bands suck and they can get a move on with the show

In a way the fans that go to sevral gig's you could call it your "Obsession"? not at all. i have seen paramore 11 times, and i dont think its an obsession at all. its what i do?

can you describe why you go to so many, can you describe your "Obsession"? i go to so many because i dont do anything else. i am also a photographer so i have to shoot alot of bands. but if i like the music and the band is in town, why would i NOT go?

What does music mean to you?

Music is pretty much my life. It's always there for me, regardless of what I'm thinking or feeling and I know that is can never let me down, ever. Music inspires me but not only that, I enjoy it. Music isn't just something to listen to, it's not even a hobby, it's a way of life. I mightn't play any instruments or know all the facts, I just know that I love it more than anything.

Why are gigs so important to the fans?

Connection. Just to be there, in that atmosphere without a care in the world, all that matters is the music. To be right there, your favourite band standing before you, giving you there all, you can't help but do the same back. Gigs are just the greatest feeling in the world.

Why do you get to the venue so early and queue?

I go early to get a good place. It's important for me to have a great view for the most enjoyable experience. Sure, it's about the actual music playing, but I just get so excited to actually see the band playing. Plus, the day of a gig, I'm just too excited to sit around at home.

What do you feel when your in the building, at the gig waiting for the bands to perform?

I hate it. It's exhiliraing to say the least, you're just so overwhelmed and excited, I get really impatient for the show to just begin, but when they arrive onstage I just lose it, so I guess that can count for something positive... getting the crowd going!

I've actually only been to 13 concerts and right now I only have one more planned, so no, it isn't an obsession... More like a craving, I need to go to concerts and just let go and have fun. Ask me again in a few years, when I have more money!

im not being an idiot doing this, but if you're doing a project then you'll need to fix your spelling, im not perfect at spelling but if its gonna help you out,

(why do you listen to music, what does it do for you?)

music has meant more to me in the past 2-3 years than it ever has, ive started to realise the importance of it , it can help you out in moods, when your down, when you need a little uplift in your life, when you feel helpless, dedicating a single song to someone, can help so much.

Lyrics are able to explain how i feel, better than i can.

Gigs are important because its an activity where you can see all your favourite bands, it can hold memories of a lifetime, you can meet people and make new friends at them, and you feel a sense of understand and sharing, because you know, you're there for the same thing as everyone else. To hear live music, and enjoy it.

Queuing is something ive never thought about why i do it, I just do. I like being mega early, and seeing the bands arrive in their tour bus, and seeing all the equipment being taken into the venue.

What do you feel when your in the building at the gig waiting for the bands to perform?

9 times out of 10, im wishing the support band would hurry up and get off, because honesty im not there to see them. i know every band starts somewhere, but when you've been queuing all day, you're just eager to see the band you're there to see once your inside, and dont really have much time for the support bands.

In a way the fans that go to several gig's you could call it your "Obsession"

I wouldnt call it an obession personally, id call it a hobby/past time that i enjoy. much like i enjoy football. Gigs excite me, i get a thrill out of them, an electric feeling through my body, when i see the band up on that stage, and i hear all my favourite songs,. I love the feeling it gives me :)

i dont mean to sound critical just wanna help you out, :)

im not being an idiot doing this, but if you're doing a project then you'll need to fix your spelling, im not perfect at spelling but if its gonna help you out,

(why do you listen to music, what does it do for you?)

music has meant more to me in the past 2-3 years than it ever has, ive started to realise the importance of it , it can help you out in moods, when your down, when you need a little uplift in your life, when you feel helpless, dedicating a single song to someone, can help so much.

Lyrics are able to explain how i feel, better than i can.

Gigs are important because its an activity where you can see all your favourite bands, it can hold memories of a lifetime, you can meet people and make new friends at them, and you feel a sense of understand and sharing, because you know, you're there for the same thing as everyone else. To hear live music, and enjoy it.

Queuing is something ive never thought about why i do it, I just do. I like being mega early, and seeing the bands arrive in their tour bus, and seeing all the equipment being taken into the venue.

What do you feel when your in the building at the gig waiting for the bands to perform?

9 times out of 10, im wishing the support band would hurry up and get off, because honesty im not there to see them. i know every band starts somewhere, but when you've been queuing all day, you're just eager to see the band you're there to see once your inside, and dont really have much time for the support bands.

In a way the fans that go to several gig's you could call it your "Obsession"

I wouldnt call it an obession personally, id call it a hobby/past time that i enjoy. much like i enjoy football. Gigs excite me, i get a thrill out of them, an electric feeling through my body, when i see the band up on that stage, and i hear all my favourite songs,. I love the feeling it gives me :)

i dont mean to sound critical just wanna help you out, :)

Thank you and its ok i know my spellings terrible it could be better but i rly dont try im dyslexic and i dont see why i should spend time correcting it all for just a thred......but ayyy atleast you understood me! And i get graded on my photographic abilaty rather than spelling and puctuation because of the dyslexia sooo its all good!