Ernie's Music Thread

Wildman

OK, I finally came around to getting something recorded. So here is a sample ( a very crappy sample) of what I've done using simple chords capoed 3rd fret on standard tuning. I messed up REALLY bad toward the end, so I started playing Sweet Child O Mine, but I messed up on that so I just stopped. So please check this out!

I'll be posting a lot more material in this thread, and some of my band's works. But this is it for now.

NOTE: It's really nothing great, in fact it's awful, because I play worse when I know I'm recording.

Here is some more stuff that I recorded last night, some are old though.

Here is an easy riff I made up, and I came up with a verse. But the whole verse was made out the top of my head because I only had the intro made. The whole song was made to go with drums to it, so it may not sound correct. Also, there were many mistakes, anyway.

Here is another simple riff I made up, I'm gonna throw this one away. But here it is anyway.

Here is something I randomly recorded using basic power chords, I think it sounds decent enough, but I really don't remember how I played it, mainly because it's really old. Here it is.

Here is just the intro to Ohio Is For Lovers, nothing great, I need more practice on it. Here it is.

Here is an awful attempt to play Misery Business. Pfft.

This time, it's not me playing the guitar, in fact, I'm using a high bass bubble-like voice to cover Trouble by Nevershoutnever! I've been practicing this voice for a long time, but this is a first attempt at this song on recording. Here.

NOTE: About my guitar, my E string makes an annoying vibrating sound. So that'll cause it to sound crap.

-The guitar was totally out of tune. Or the capo made it go out of tune, which means that you have to get a new set of strings

-Your strumming left a bit to be wanted, how long have you been playing? The dynamics were kind of jumpy and the strums didn't flow so well.

-It got a bit dull, but I got the impression that you haven't been playing for very long, so you are on the right track. Just keep making more music and ideas will start to flow faster than you can take them in :) I heard some adventurous voicings in there so you are already thinking outside-the-box, which is good

-Was that improvised? The little hesitation in some chord changes made me think that it was

Anyway, composing your own music is always good, no matter how crappy you think it is, so keep at it.

This was all in response to your first post, BTW...

^ Well, thank you for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. I have been learning for the past 6 months, and I've been playing the same things over and over which is the reason they probably suck. And yes, it had absolutely no rhythm to it. Like I said, I play worse when I record, so I was under pressure to play better, when I knew it would suck in the end. Imo, it's not the best first thing to post, but I know. Yes, for the most part it was improvised, I had all the chords I was using planned out though.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I just made something up recently. Being that I don't have a microphone on me at the sec, I'll just post the tab for it.

|----------------|

|--6-9-8-7------|

|----------9-9---|

|----------------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

Note: I was trying to imitate I Caught Myself, then came up with this. As simple as it may be, when played fast, it sounds AMAZING!

• 3 months later...
Okay, I just made something up recently. Being that I don't have a microphone on me at the sec, I'll just post the tab for it.

|----------------|

|--6-9-8-7------|

|----------9-9---|

|----------------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

Note: I was trying to imitate I Caught Myself, then came up with this. As simple as it may be, when played fast, it sounds AMAZING!

That's pretty cool!

Here is something else I've been working on. It needs some work and I'm posting the tab off the top of my head being that I don't have my guitar on me atm.

|------------------------------|

|-----------3----------3-------|

|-----2--1-----0----3-----3----|

|-----------------3-------------|

|-------------------------------|

|------------5----------5------|

|-----4--3------0----5----5----|

|------------------5------------|

This is also played fast. I'll post a recording of this later, edited into this post. And a recording for the last tab posted too.

Here is something else I've been working on. It needs some work and I'm posting the tab off the top of my head being that I don't have my guitar on me atm.

|-----------3----------3-------|

|-----2--1-----0----3-----3----|

|-----------------3-------------|

|-------------------------------|

|------------5----------5------|

|-----4--3------0----5----5----|

|------------------5------------|

This is also played fast. I'll post a recording of this later, edited into this post. And a recording for the last tab posted too.

New tab:

|-----------------------------------------------------------|

|---------3-----------3-------------2------------2----------|

|-------3----3-----3----3--------2----2------2------2-------|

|----1-----------------------0-------------------------------|

|---------------1--------------------------0-----------------|

|-------------------------------------------------------------|

There's more if you care, I can record it if you want.