Oh great.. another problem..

The Drummer

well it depends i know when you take the test, from what i remember, you get a little card saying you passed so you can get your permit. but that expires idk how long until it expires though.

oh ok.

yeah mine expired in may.

So the Driving School called.. they said I have to retake the test and then I can drive (well take the driving test)

The DMV said otherwise.. apparently the supervisor that my Dad talked to was really arrogant and said our lawyer was wrong.

So I don't know what's going on.

This is too crazy.

aw yeah. hopefully they'll agree. maybe the school can contact the dmv and tell them what happened

yeah, that's what I'm going to suggest if the dmv disagrees.

I'm just going to be optimistic for now.

Probably won't get a straight answer until mid-next week.

I don't blame you for being upset about this. You did nothing wrong, you were just doing what the driving school told you to do. They should have to suffer the consequences, and still let you at least take the test. Regardless of what happened in the past, if you are able to pass the driver's test, that's all you really need to do. I know in CT if you are 18 or older, you don't need to do any sort of school or any prior training, etc. for driving, just take the test and if you pass, you get your license, regardless of how long you've been driving. I'm sure the laws vary depending on what state you live in, but my point is that if you know the material and have driving experience, they better not make you have to wait another 6 months to get your license. As long as you can do the test and have driven for the past 6 months already, then you definitely deserve to just take the test, and not have to repeat driving school. You should also get your money back for being a victim of the driving school's bad ways.

I don't blame you for being upset about this. You did nothing wrong, you were just doing what the driving school told you to do. They should have to suffer the consequences, and still let you at least take the test. Regardless of what happened in the past, if you are able to pass the driver's test, that's all you really need to do. I know in CT if you are 18 or older, you don't need to do any sort of school or any prior training, etc. for driving, just take the test and if you pass, you get your license, regardless of how long you've been driving. I'm sure the laws vary depending on what state you live in, but my point is that if you know the material and have driving experience, they better not make you have to wait another 6 months to get your license. As long as you can do the test and have driven for the past 6 months already, then you definitely deserve to just take the test, and not have to repeat driving school. You should also get your money back for being a victim of the driving school's bad ways.

The driving school called and said retaking the written exam is all I need to do.

So hopefully that's the case.

I think the DMV said otherwise though, but if they do.. then I'm making sure the driving school fixes it.

The driving school called and said retaking the written exam is all I need to do.

So hopefully that's the case.

I think the DMV said otherwise though, but if they do.. then I'm making sure the driving school fixes it.

Definitely make them fix it. It's their fault, you shouldn't have to be punished because of it. Hopefully this works out in the end!

My 'written' test was 50 questions (you need to get 43 or above, within an hour, right to pass) and after that you have a hazard perception test (14 videos of someone driving, you click the mouse when you identify the hazard) and you need to get 44/75 to pass AND you have to pass both to pass. You yank/canucks have got it easy.

My 'written' test was 50 questions (you need to get 43 or above, within an hour, right to pass) and after that you have a hazard perception test (14 videos of someone driving, you click the mouse when you identify the hazard) and you need to get 44/75 to pass AND you have to pass both to pass. You yank/canucks have got it easy.

Holy crap that is insane! :shock:

Maybe that's why there's so many terrible drivers in New Jersey?

Problem solved, I can drive once i pass my written exam.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken Driver's Ed. in two years so I failed.

So frikken close.. I got 35/46 questions right (I needed a 40 out of 50).

Whatever.. waiting one week sure as hell beats six months.

wow that is a load of BS...driving schools needs to get their shit straight..

I didn't get my permit and license until I was 18, got my first car (hand me down), on the LAST month of school( graduated weeks later).

I did sign up for drivers ed online, that $270+ instructor coarse driving a Corolla around town..did they help? A bit though practicing with your parents car is far A LOT better IMO...

Dont worry time will come. :)