Songs of the week

OliDayyy

Chriss suggested I could open a topic with the "Songs of the week" I already posted on the LJ, so here we go!

I made some research about almost each Paramore song (except BNE), and then you can discuss it and post your favorite videos, lyrics, or anything you want related to this song!

To begin with, I'll start with "Emergency":

0000041405_350.jpg

>> What is the track "Emergency" about?

This song is about love, and not love in a good way. People have started to abuse love. I mean, it's becoming more and more common and you can see it with the divorce rates, and you can tell it the way people are treated. I see it all around and want to change it. [Eds note: Haley is part of a split family] ParamoreFans.com Interview.

>> "I remember actually walking out the door with my mom that night and standing in between my parents and screaming "Shut Up! Shut up! Shut up!" she recalls, adding that songs like "Emergency" from the band's first album were inspired by her parents' disintegrating relationship."

Alternative Press, January 2008

>> During summer 2006, the band released the "Summer Tic Ep", where we could find another version of the song, with Josh's screamos, called "The Crab Mix"

PF.com: Ok, I have an EP question...so why is the new version of Emergency called the "Crab Mix"?

Hayley: Oh (laughs) ... you want to go over that? (asking Josh)

Zac: It says that?

Hunter: Yeah.

(Zac laughs)

Josh: The guy that produced it ... his name is Pete but everybody calls him The Crab because he moves like a crab whenever he plays ping pong so everybody calls him The Crab...

Zac: And he talks like this (makes noises that I cannot possibly type up)

Josh: That has nothing to do with a crab.

Zac: But he moves around like one and he talks like you would think a crab would talk if he had a voice...

ParamoreFans.com Interview, June 2006

>> PF.com: Where'd the piano intro before Emergency come from?

Josh: Hunter wrote it

Hayley: I wrote it.

Hunter: Hunter wrote it.

Hayley: You did not, you can't even play.

Jeremy: It's a scary movie, it came from a scary movie.

Josh: Hayley wrote it.

Hayley: I wanted to write something kind of creepy, as weird as that sounds, I just wanted it to be dark and creepy sounding. So I just started writing.

ParamoreFans.com Interview, September 2006

>> The dress Hayley is wearing has been exposed at the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame in 2006:Pictures

>> Official music video:

I love that little interview where they're teasing her about who wrote the piano intro, haha. All teasing aside though, that's still one of my favorite intros, and Hayley did a good job writing it. :)

the times when they got along :)

I love that song especially the line " and you do your best to show me love but you don't know what love is " , luckily my parents are still together but I saw the parents of one my friend divorce and it got ugly and this song really describe how she felt watching her parents fight...

I think Hayley penned perfectly how hard it can be for people to go through that especially when you're a kid

• 1 month later...