Utah - Sept 11

bradsonemanband

Hehe, no problem. I've done A LOT of research particularly on the throat and vocal chords after getting injured. I use to scream a lot when I was playing in a band. Basically you have two sets of vocal chords. Theres your true chords, which you speak/sing with and look like thin white strips. They touch together and vibrate to make the sounds we use everyday. The false chords are another set of chords placed higher in the throat above the true chords. It's litterally a fold of mucous membrane covering muscle in the larynx. The false vocal cord separates the ventricle of the larynx from the vestibule of the larynx. Also called the false vocal fold.

If you scream like.... Bert from the used; (slamming the two sets of chords together in the throat) you'll end up in shreds or one up from hayley's situation and get a polyp. (Fluid filled ickyness on the chords themselves.)

polypsVocalCords.gif

It's better to isolate the false chords when screaming and push down on your diaphragm for volume, not getting it out of your throat. And I haven't been able to tell if Josh screams using his throat or not.. I can produce the sound he makes doing it the right and the wrong way.. Considering under paramore's website they have a link to a vocal coach's dvd's who lives in nashville I'm ASSUMING he's doing it the right way? O_o; Dunno, sorry for rambling.

that makes me feel faint for some reason, lmao. i'm so weird.